Poll

?

Takeover
41 (14%)
Fakeover
251 (86%)

Total Members Voted: 290

Author Topic: Mike Ashley  (Read 428269 times)

Stu03, ozzrahog, Infinitely Content, Pandamninator, rnmag, ZeRoE and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Rich

• General Member
Re: Takeover thread
« Reply #6400 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:08:06 pm »
Wish Rafa was more like Pards, me.

Easy to hate?

No back bone or character to actually push the owner to better the first team and club.  Happy to sit and skim off the club and its resources.

:thup:

This is what I meant, aye. Can see what TT's getting at, but howay man. If for some bizarre reason the new owners did think like that they can get royally f***ed.
It could’ve been worse, I could’ve been born a mackem.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #6401 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:13:58 pm »
Sports Direct emailed out a voucher for "Monochrome Trainers" this morning.

It's all a p*ss take isn't it?

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #6402 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:15:18 pm »
Sports Direct emailed out a voucher for "Monochrome Trainers" this morning.

It's all a p*ss take isn't it?

That bit certainly is

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6403 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:16:14 pm »
Not sure I believe Ashley is masterminding all this in combination with the sports direct social media team like :lol:

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #6404 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:21:09 pm »
Maybe Ashley is still going to retain a share of the club?  It might not be an outright sale.  MA remains a minority owner, gets to use SJP as an advertising vehicle and gets an in to the Middle East.  Is that possible?
It is my intent to purchase NUFC as soon as possible with the fullest extent of my personal wealth which may not be all that much right now, and may never be, but I stand by my statement nonetheless.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #6405 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:21:50 pm »
So the Sheikh and pals are over to acquire bikinis to flog on at a profit..

Minge Tingles

Offline jarrovianmag

• General Member
« Reply #6406 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:22:28 pm »
Maybe Ashley is still going to retain a share of the club?  It might not be an outright sale.  MA remains a minority owner, gets to use SJP as an advertising vehicle and gets an in to the Middle East.  Is that possible?

Nowt would surprise me with him

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #6407 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:24:32 pm »
Gail would look lush in that like

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #6408 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:24:43 pm »

No.

BZG are buying the whole damn pie. Apart from the prestige of owning a club for their partners, it’s a way to advertise their international services on one of the biggest platforms in the world.

Which is also the reason when they buy the club l, they will invest so it can compete.
Minge Tingles

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #6410 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:36:04 pm »

Easy to hate?

No back bone or character to actually push the owner to better the first team and club.  Happy to sit and skim off the club and its resources.

This is what I meant, aye. Can see what TT's getting at, but howay man. If for some bizarre reason the new owners did think like that they can get royally f***ed.

Absolutely, but depends who's got your ear, especially when it's your 1st adventure in to football.

Part of the reason Ashley is the way he is, is due to his advisors.

Sure there was some tenuous link for keys to the potential new owner. He'd take great delight in bad mouthing Rafa.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #6411 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:39:46 pm »
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #6412 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:42:05 pm »
https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/06/the-newcastle-fans-and-the-media-are-culpable-of-letting-mike-ashley-get-away-with-this-newcastle-united/

So damn true

Stopped reading after the first couple of paragraphs. Absolutely s**** writing, catering for the thickos.

:thup: The Mag is f***ing awful, the comments section on articles on that site is one of the worst things on the internet.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #6413 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:43:38 pm »

No.

BZG are buying the whole damn pie. Apart from the prestige of owning a club for their partners, it’s a way to advertise their international services on one of the biggest platforms in the world.

Which is also the reason when they buy the club l, they will invest so it can compete.

I like what your selling.
It is my intent to purchase NUFC as soon as possible with the fullest extent of my personal wealth which may not be all that much right now, and may never be, but I stand by my statement nonetheless.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #6414 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:48:50 pm »

No.

I like what your selling.

The sweet promise of tomorrow.
Minge Tingles

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #6415 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:57:26 pm »
I'm not buying this "other interested parties" malarky, either, that one actually IS straight out of MA's playbook. It's the old, "well there are other people taking a look too, so if you want it, you better act quick."

Of course MA is telling the press there is more than one bidder, his hand would be weakened if he didn't.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #6416 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 01:57:56 pm »

Easy to hate?

Absolutely, but depends who's got your ear, especially when it's your 1st adventure in to football.

Sure there was some tenuous link for keys to the potential new owner. He'd take great delight in bad mouthing Rafa.

I dunno mind I think Ashley has his set way of doing things, gives basic instructions and his underlings all argue about the meaning of his instructions.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #6417 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 02:08:38 pm »
https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/06/the-newcastle-fans-and-the-media-are-culpable-of-letting-mike-ashley-get-away-with-this-newcastle-united/

So damn true

Stopped reading after the first couple of paragraphs. Absolutely s**** writing, catering for the thickos.

It's written terribly but the points that are brought up are what we all know

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #6418 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 02:09:12 pm »

Easy to hate?

I dunno mind I think Ashley has his set way of doing things, gives basic instructions and his underlings all argue about the meaning of his instructions.

I'd agree with that now, but when he 1st joined he was very much led by wise and kinnear over a few pints in the pub.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #6419 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 02:11:03 pm »

So damn true

Its says Rafa is gone and that hes too good for us, in virtually the first line. Its absolute tosh.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #6420 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 02:38:40 pm »

Easy to hate?

I'd agree with that now, but when he 1st joined he was very much led by wise and kinnear over a few pints in the pub.

Yeah, maybe they had his ear re football matters on the pitch and coaching but I bet his overall plan was still to run it as cheap possible flog anything that moves and bring in cheap replacements. Pocket whats left.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #6421 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 03:10:55 pm »

So damn true

Its says Rafa is gone and that hes too good for us, in virtually the first line. Its absolute tosh.

Most of us are resigned to the likelihood he is gone and how our club has been ran and who oversees it all with his minions he is too good for all that bullshit and nonsense

The fella deserves a professional ambitious setup not our shambles man

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #6422 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 03:24:53 pm »

So damn true

Most of us are resigned to the likelihood he is gone and how our club has been ran and who oversees it all with his minions he is too good for all that bullshit and nonsense

The fella deserves a professional ambitious setup not our shambles man

Never said otherwise. He hasnt gone, that article say it as fact, therefore it's a s**** article.

It goes without saying that Rafa deserves better.

Offline YNGLEGIONNAIRE

• General Member
« Reply #6423 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 03:43:01 pm »
When are the fans going to stop with this support the team not the regime crap ? Simply turning up at SJP achieves absolutely jack sh!t , but , hey , better than shopping,  meet the lads etc. etc.
This team is on the point of collapse , because Rafa is the head of that team . Surely every man and his dog can see Rafa wants to be here but is on the edge all because of this rancid regime . And so many of the squad are poised to jump ship if Rafa goes . So how is just meekly accepting being continually shafted by the fat one supporting the team ? The best thing that's happened to this club for an eternity is about to leave , and with him any chance of building on his long term vision .

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #6424 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 04:03:43 pm »
When are the fans going to stop with this support the team not the regime crap ? Simply turning up at SJP achieves absolutely jack sh!t , but , hey , better than shopping,  meet the lads etc. etc.
This team is on the point of collapse , because Rafa is the head of that team . Surely every man and his dog can see Rafa wants to be here but is on the edge all because of this rancid regime . And so many of the squad are poised to jump ship if Rafa goes . So how is just meekly accepting being continually shafted by the fat one supporting the team ? The best thing that's happened to this club for an eternity is about to leave , and with him any chance of building on his long term vision .

Bore off, we know all that man, this is about a takeover  :lol:
Ashley has killed my club