Poll

?

Takeover
43 (13%)
Fakeover
288 (87%)

Total Members Voted: 331

Author Topic: Mike Ashley  (Read 523043 times)

Offline Dunce

Re: Mike Ashley
« Reply #15075 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
Mike ashley has never been a custodian of the club , he hijacked it and has held the club and its fans hostage for well over a decade now.
30k fans are lucky , they managed to escape and jumped from the back of the plane when they got the chance.
however , 40k remain , too scared to jump , yet prolonging inevitable pain and agony .
It is only when these people  jump , we can leave mike ashley to  crash into the sea all by himself.
It is only then , newcastle united will ever fly again.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #15076 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 07:24:41 PM »
So if we're ever successful after he leaves his legacy will probably mean us leaving SJP now that we're essentially capped at 52k. Disgusting.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #15077 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 10:37:26 PM »
So if we're ever successful after he leaves his legacy will probably mean us leaving SJP now that we're essentially capped at 52k. Disgusting.

And if he's f***ing the future of the club whilst he's still got the nerve to be here, it's not worth thinking about what he'd do if he was ever on his way out.

He knows full well he can do anything he likes to this club and will face almost zero backlash. A win or 2 and it's plain sailing for him, with people talking about how amazing his choice of signings are, even though the whole quality of the squad would be infinitely higher if Ashley wasn't here.
« Last Edit: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:38:31 PM by Sean »
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #15078 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 09:01:23 AM »
For what its worth....

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/mexican-group-confident-newcastle-united-takeover-deal-reaches-advanced-stages-920838

Irarragorri and his Orlegi Sports group have long been linked with a bid for the Magpies, having previously entered discussions with Mike Ashley.

And the Athletic now claim that the Mexican group are ‘confident’ of striking a deal to purchase the club from Ashley – who values the club at around £350million.

The report claims that the Newcastle United owner met with the Orlegi group in October in London to discuss a potential deal and, while those talks appeared to have come to nothing, the Mexicans “remain very much in contention and have even expressed confidence over their chances” of clinching a takeover.

Indeed, they claim that the group are ‘serious bidders’, with the deal now in the hands of their acquisition team for ‘fine-tuning’ – suggested initial talks have progressed well.

Irarragorri is believed to have spoken to prominent names in the game to gain information on Newcastle, having shunned the opportunity to purchase Crystal Palace.

The Orlegi group aren’t the only party interested in the club, however, with Peter Kenyon still harboring serious interest in the Magpies.

Kenyon and the GACP Sports group – led by Joseph DaGrosa – have put foundations in place ahead of a potential bid, with three companies registered in America ahead of a move.

However, as with Kenyon’s previous moves for the club, there are doubts over the capital at his disposal.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #15079 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 09:05:42 AM »
Urgh. The local rags will fall for it as always and give it coverage rather than ignore it as they should.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #15080 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 09:13:01 AM »
Urgh. The local rags will fall for it as always and give it coverage rather than ignore it as they should.

In fairness, the gazette and the chronic are both jumping on an article in todays The Athletic.... not sure which writer its from though.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline Johneddy

• General Member
« Reply #15081 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 09:24:28 AM »
Getting it in nice and early before the transfer window opens - negotiations will be on-going until the 'tyre kickers' comments in February

Rinse and repeat
Something you will never hear:
"And Mike Ashley proudly holds the trophy aloft..."

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #15082 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 09:56:43 AM »
It's from David Ornstein in The Athletic. Used to be at the BBC.

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #15083 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 09:57:24 AM »
Ornstein doesn't talk s****. But this will mount to nothing obviously.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #15084 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 11:06:35 AM »
I'm starting to think I should just start watching games again if we're not going to go down. I'm just missing out on watching my club for no good reason at the moment.

Obviously the underlying reason (everything is futile) is still there.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #15085 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 11:09:40 AM »
I still watch games like, we're actually playing okay and it's even quite good when we lose because I get to hate Steve Bruce even more.

Obviously I watch them without paying for them, and with that feel no associated guilt.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #15086 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 11:10:01 AM »
Surely even Ashley realises by now that absolutely no-one believes these bullshit takeover stories anymore?

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • hog health status: exemplary
« Reply #15087 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 11:38:45 AM »
I don't believe they're possible anymore but I definitely believe interest has been real and talks are happening when Ashley pops out a classic like "oh and Sports Direct gets exclusive, free advertising on all pitchside hoardings in perpetuity" and that's where it all stops.

Offline Decky

• General Member
  • ashleyout.com
« Reply #15088 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 11:47:27 AM »
You're mental to believe any of this s**** after the fiasco in the summer.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #15089 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 11:50:13 AM »
I don't believe they're possible anymore but I definitely believe interest has been real and talks are happening when Ashley pops out a classic like "oh and Sports Direct gets exclusive, free advertising on all pitchside hoardings in perpetuity" and that's where it all stops.

Yeah basically how I see it too.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #15090 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 11:54:22 AM »
As we've said before, there's no doubt he'd be a nightmare to do business with and want to absolutely take the p*ss in any potential deal.

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #15091 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 12:15:14 PM »
Midds nailed it a while ago, only league 1 will see him sell up.
Ashley has killed my club

Offline Ankles Bennett

• General Member
« Reply #15092 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 12:17:47 PM »
The reports say Irragorri is worth $450m.   Not going to have much of that left after paying Ashley  £350m.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #15093 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
The reports say Irragorri is worth $450m.   Not going to have much of that left after paying Ashley  £350m.

He wouldn't be paying up front, he wouldn't be using his own money presumably but that does seem a low nett worth for someone to be owning a premier league club these days.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #15094 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 03:41:24 PM »
You'd have to assume Orlegi have access to more silent capital / equity to structure the deal. This is actually the group I want to make this deal happen only because they seem like a company geared towards creating a sporting portfolio with a desire to do things the right way.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Johneddy

• General Member
« Reply #15095 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 03:46:49 PM »
You'd have to assume Orlegi have access to more silent capital / equity to structure the deal. This is actually the group I want to make this deal happen only because they seem like a company geared towards creating a sporting portfolio with a desire to do things the right way.

100% agree
Something you will never hear:
"And Mike Ashley proudly holds the trophy aloft..."

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #15096 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 03:49:46 PM »
Yeah I wince at these Arab groups

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #15097 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 03:52:46 PM »
Honestly just want intelligent money with intention owning Newcastle - commitment to the city and club to positively impact on and off the field. That's the type of owner we deserve.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #15098 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 04:02:45 PM »
Honestly just want intelligent money with intention owning Newcastle - commitment to the city and club to positively impact on and off the field. That's the type of owner we deserve.

I just want a new ownership group that will bin Bruce and bring Rafa back :smitten:

Ashley, Charnley and Bruce all leaving on the same day would be beautiful.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #15099 on: Monday 11 November 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
I doubt whoever is manager when we are eventually sold will be sacked straight away unless they're doing awful. Much better to have it lined up to happen at the end of a season.