Author Topic: Daft Questions Thread  (Read 170631 times)

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Daft Questions Thread
« Reply #5050 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
Is stan really Sniper's Dream?  Would explain a lot.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #5051 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 11:51:31 AM »
When you were a child, what did you call the game where you knocked on someone's door and then run away?

Knocky nine door.

No idea why. Although we did give no.9 quite a hammering. One night we tied a reel of thread to the letterbox and gave ourselves enough distance so we could observe the result of our actions. It wasn't half as funny as we expected.
Knock nine door in the West end. We would pick a house at random then every 9th door after that.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5052 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 11:56:01 AM »
When you were a child, what did you call the game where you knocked on someone's door and then run away?

Knocky nine door.

No idea why. Although we did give no.9 quite a hammering. One night we tied a reel of thread to the letterbox and gave ourselves enough distance so we could observe the result of our actions. It wasn't half as funny as we expected.
Knock nine door in the West end. We would pick a house at random then every 9th door after that.

Might be that we did the same. Can't remember. I was the youngest in our group so had to play what the elders played and they obviously outgrew K9D before it made a connection with me.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5053 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 11:57:34 AM »
You guys had pretty complicated rules.  We just knocked on a door and legged it.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #5054 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:25:25 PM »
Need a name for a concept I've been working on. It's based on bad news, except, instead of the news being bad, it's not bad--but, even more than that, it's the opposite of bad. Can't for the life of me figure out what to call it. Needs to be short and punchy.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5055 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
Need a name for a concept I've been working on. It's based on bad news, except, instead of the news being bad, it's not bad--but, even more than that, it's the opposite of bad. Can't for the life of me figure out what to call it. Needs to be short and punchy.

DAB.

Short and punchy, opposite of bad, mysterious anacronym.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • I'm just here to dunk on my country
« Reply #5056 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 01:33:44 PM »
bad news whirly-twirly roundabout?

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #5057 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
Bad news and irrelevant news

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #5058 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 02:15:08 PM »

DAB.

I like it, but people are going to think it's news about the Dab and then you've lost 'em.

bad news whirly-twirly roundabout?

:lol: Just saying it almost makes you feel the opposite of bad. Almost.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5059 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 02:23:04 PM »

DAB.

I like it, but people are going to think it's news about the Dab and then you've lost 'em.

Aye that was what I thought. But if you are targeting oldies trying to be cool (or the type of people that win the postcode lottery)it could work. Get them to celebrate their 'bad' news by dabbing, they'll love it. And then kids might tune in to laugh  at the oldies trying to be cool.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #5060 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 03:39:33 PM »

The News.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5061 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
Bad news, bad news, bad news. Jesus, Jeremy, one bus crash. What about all the buses that made it safely to their destinations?

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #5062 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 05:47:40 PM »
Knicky Knocky News Doors
« Last Edit: Friday 31 July 2020, 06:46:24 PM by YankeeToon »

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #5063 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 05:58:50 PM »
Bad news, bad news, bad news. Jesus, Jeremy, one bus crash. What about all the buses that made it safely to their destinations?

:lol:

Quite a few Peep Show references on here lately.

Offline Gottlob

• General Member
« Reply #5064 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 06:42:29 PM »
Punch-Drunk News

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #5065 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 06:48:32 PM »
Gews, pronounced Jews.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #5066 on: Friday 31 July 2020, 06:59:28 PM »
Gews, pronounced Jews.

Well I found this disproportionately funny.

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #5067 on: Yesterday at 11:20:33 PM »

chappy
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #5068 on: Today at 10:11:16 AM »
Knocky nine doors.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #5069 on: Today at 12:10:48 PM »
You guys had pretty complicated rules.  We just knocked on a door and legged it.
We'd also do a few doors at once and leg it to somewhere we could watch them all come out together.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #5070 on: Today at 12:19:11 PM »
It was only fun if you went knocking on the doors belonging to abosulte radge packets.

If they didn't come out and chase you in their car it wasn't worth it.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5071 on: Today at 12:21:40 PM »
It was only fun if you went knocking on the doors belonging to abosulte radge packets.

If you really wanted to add some danger to the game you could play Knock Knock Nonce and hope that weird middle-aged guy didn't get you.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #5072 on: Today at 12:26:10 PM »

If you really wanted to add some danger to the game you could play Knock Knock Nonce and hope that weird middle-aged guy didn't get you.

You're talking about Monkey Mush. He chased us on his motorbike. Great fun.

Not sure if we knew what a nonce was. All I know is we were told to stay away from him, which is a red rag to a sanitary bin.

Offline Stal

• General Member
« Reply #5073 on: Today at 01:47:10 PM »
Twitter question: How can you see who has "atted" at someone? So for example, Johnny Ordinary has tweeted a message @premierleague. From the Premier league page, how do you view this? I was thinking maybe Tweets and Replies but that just seems to be the same as the Tweets page.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #5074 on: Today at 01:48:36 PM »
Mentions.