Author Topic: Daft Questions Thread  (Read 81747 times)

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Daft Questions Thread
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:45:22 pm »
Didn't know him personally, but someone I'd seen talk at a conference and my PhD advisor knew pretty well was the professor from this story.  It's really f***ed up, the sort of thing Jill would be all over.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:50:11 pm »
Didn't know him personally, but someone I'd seen talk at a conference and my PhD advisor knew pretty well was the professor from this story.  It's really f***ed up, the sort of thing Jill would be all over.

Remember reading about that at the time.

“What I can tell you is it was not domestic in nature like a husband, wife, or boyfriend, boyfriend, or a love triangle; that was not the motive,” Deenihan said. “It was a little bit more dark and disturbing, as far as I’m concerned.”

Is there any more information on this?
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:51:45 pm »

“What I can tell you is it was not domestic in nature like a husband, wife, or boyfriend, boyfriend, or a love triangle; that was not the motive,” Deenihan said. “It was a little bit more dark and disturbing, as far as I’m concerned.”

Yes.

Offline Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:59:51 pm »
My stepdad's best mate was murdered about 17 years ago. That's about it.
This is the one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2251428.stm

Canny famous case in regards to the Newcastle crime scene this, featured in a canny few books. The reasons behind the killing are 'explained' in a few of them.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 12:01:32 am »
Worked with this guy until June when everyone in the building was gathered round to tell us he'd been arrested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-41777001

That in your current job like?

Yep.

Crikey. What was the response like amongst staff?

Never seen a room of people more gobsmacked like, was canny surreal. Pleased to say that I've always thought he was a total c***.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 12:02:53 am »

Yes.

Lathem and Warren came up with a plan to murder someone and then kill themselves in an online chatroom and described it as a sexual fantasy. 

f***ing hell, hope that w*** was worth it. :lol:

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #56 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 12:07:54 am »
I mean a sexual fantasy is one thing, but one you know is full well going to completely f*** your life up. Damn. Also f***ing odd that you can be killed because some guys want to bust in a non-conventional way.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 12:20:26 am »
This is the one:

Canny famous case in regards to the Newcastle crime scene this, featured in a canny few books. The reasons behind the killing are 'explained' in a few of them.

Aye, very famous. Prosecution tried to get Sayers for tampering with the jury years later and made a total f***ing arse of it.

Offline Charlies

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 12:29:30 am »
This is the one:

Aye, very famous. Prosecution tried to get Sayers for tampering with the jury years later and made a total f***ing arse of it.

:thup: The whole phonebox thing was weird jury nobbled and all that, along with that guy returning from Thailand? on his last legs with an 'admission' I'm fascinated by it all.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #59 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 09:04:30 am »
As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously.
My life has been affected by a murder, never met the murder though as I never went to the court case.

At my previous location at work we had a delivery driver who had done time for manslaughter. He was a really nice guy as it happens. The story was he came home one day to find his wife with another bloke and beat him up and stabbed him, he later died of his injuries.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 10:18:13 am »
This is the one:

:thup: The whole phonebox thing was weird jury nobbled and all that, along with that guy returning from Thailand? on his last legs with an 'admission' I'm fascinated by it all.

Aye, I edited my original post because you never know who's reading and all that and I've grown quite attached to my kneecaps tbh. :lol:

It's an interesting case, like.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #61 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 01:17:55 pm »

I've read about that one before, aye. Grim stuff.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #62 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 05:11:13 pm »
As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously. 

Little sister of my childhood best friend stabbed a guy to death and went to jail for a year-ish. Still ralk to her every now and then since the family is still semi-close with ours. Said childhood best friend is transgender now.

Guy she killed was the new boyfriend of my first girlfriend. Dodged a bullet getting out early cause my dick was s***. 
I know Norway is very much on the "rehabilitation, not punishment" side of things, but one year in jail for stabbing someone to death? Even for you guys, that sounds low.
Speaking of which, I think in the future, people will look back at the jail system of punishment and laugh at how ridiculous it was. I haven't really got any better suggestions, but to me it's an ancient system which clearly doesn't work at all.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 10:17:09 pm »
Who's Dom Joly trying to kid?
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #64 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 10:26:31 pm »
What's this is relation to?
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 10:28:06 pm »
Sorry. Him bringing back Trigger Happy TV and doing the same bits, including the huge mobile phone. :anguish:
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #66 on: Friday 8 December 2017, 10:31:25 pm »
Aah, damn.  That was great in its day, but aye, a sad move now.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #67 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:00:52 am »
Does anyone have any experience with using certain shampoo's to prevent hair loss/make your hair thicker?

I have plenty of hair atm but am a bit scared of going bald in the future as both my brothers who are a bit older are going/gone bald
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

« Reply #68 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:05:22 am »
I've got loads of hair and won't ever go bald so I can't help you m8 soz.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:05:40 am »
A mix of petrol, diesel & WD40. It won't make your hair grow, in fact it will all fall out; but the solution will have you feeling so manly that you won't care about your shiny bald head.
The fear of finding oneself alone - that is what they suffer from - and so they don't find themselves at all. - André Gide

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #70 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:08:30 am »
This seems poopular

Consider winning

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #71 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:09:33 am »
I repeat, at the moment I have loads of hair and a decent hairline :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:09:55 am »
See, petroleum inspired packaging. It works.
The fear of finding oneself alone - that is what they suffer from - and so they don't find themselves at all. - André Gide

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:11:07 am »
I repeat, at the moment I have loads of hair and a decent hairline :lol:

Said no one with loads of hair and a decent hairline ever.

:lol:

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Monday 11 December 2017, 12:11:49 am »
This seems poopular

Stuff is bullshit, btw.