Author Topic: Daft Questions Thread  (Read 146214 times)

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Re: Daft Questions Thread
« Reply #4400 on: Tuesday 17 March 2020, 01:18:48 AM »
Stay away from your cousin.

:lol: My cousins are all in, like, their 40s and 50s. The concept of their tits has...sagged.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #4401 on: Tuesday 17 March 2020, 01:42:56 AM »
Went to view a house I am bidding on, my solicitor noted that on the home report there was a suggestion of previous longstanding structural movement, but we have no details of what the repairs were, how long ago they were or how severe the repairs are. I am no expert, but I went to have a look anyway.

This is a photo of the end of a block of flats next to mine:

As explained in the following picture...

1: Flat next to the potential house I'm buying, with wall in question ringed in yellow.
2: Block of flats containing my potential flat
3: Block of flats which completes the tenement building, which as far as I can see has no problems on the gable end.

What is this type of structural repair called? Does anyone reckon it's likely to affect my block at all? I need to do research but haven't the vocabulary :lol:

I haven't got a clue but @Stifleaay gets on that building nerds forum, maybe he could hoy it up there for you.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #4402 on: Tuesday 17 March 2020, 09:29:30 AM »
Just looks like the gable end has been braced. You see it fairly often in older buildings and buildings where a house that used to be next to the gable end has been demolished.
Going off the diagram I wouldn’t say it would directly affect your house, only people it would directly affect is the people living with the gable end as an external wall. However if the blocks you mentioned are joined up, it could make your apartments insurance go up/uninsurable, and depending on the contract/lease you have, you and the other residents could be liable for any charges if it needed repairing.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #4403 on: Tuesday 17 March 2020, 09:46:10 AM »
Cheers Stiffy, I can't seem to get any results when I search for 'gable end bracing', it tends to be about building a house rather than fixing one.

As far as I know the current occupiers have buildings insurance and it doesn't look new, so I doubt that would be a problem.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #4404 on: Monday 23 March 2020, 08:49:59 PM »
Need technical help chaps.

Because I'm selling my house I agreed with my ex that he'd cancel the broadband which was in his name and it's due to run out this week.

Will need Internet access for this lockdown and potential working from home. What's the best option for short-term or a rolling thing which will give me decent access and not tie me into anything.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4405 on: Monday 23 March 2020, 11:07:00 PM »

Because I'm selling my house I agreed with my ex that he'd cancel the broadband which was in his name and it's due to run out this week.

Will need Internet access for this lockdown and potential working from home. What's the best option for short-term or a rolling thing which will give me decent access and not tie me into anything.

Geezer at work got a mobile 4g thing him 3 for the office, no contract £20 a month or something and was decent.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #4406 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 08:54:32 AM »

If you get a decent 4g signal on your phone I would just call you provider and explain the situation and see what they could offer and just use your phone as ahotspot. Download the speedtestapp from ookla and test you download speed first though. I have unlimited data on my phone contract with Vodafone and its 50 quid a month.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #4407 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 09:44:00 AM »
Took the less technical option and moved to the Mrs' place. :lol: I now have Internet, a cat and a daughter.

Offline Greg

• General Member
« Reply #4408 on: Friday 27 March 2020, 10:10:46 AM »
Took the less technical option and moved to the Mrs' place. :lol: I now have Internet, a cat and a daughter.

:lol: :thup:

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #4409 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 03:24:01 PM »

Sounds like you’re in a good place literally Jill :thup:

Apart from Lemington of course :lol:

Close to Newburn riverside etc. though for walks etc.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #4410 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 03:24:51 PM »

:aww: Good for you, J.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4411 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 03:53:12 PM »
 :D

Across Newburn bridge, up to Wylam and back on the North side is a cracking walk. Newburn and Throckley denes are worth an explore aswell, Maida table spread at Walbottle is great.

Watch out though....I regularly walk the dogs down that way
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #4412 on: Saturday 28 March 2020, 04:10:00 PM »
:D

Across Newburn bridge, up to Wylam and back on the North side is a cracking walk. Newburn and Throckley denes are worth an explore aswell, Maida table spread at Walbottle is great.

Watch out though....I regularly walk the dogs down that way

And me and my boys often roam those areas ha ha. God I miss those places right now, we regularly go out and about around there whatever the weather. I have always appreciated how fortunate we are here in Newcastle, Northumberland and the N.E in general having all these amazing places on our doorstep, but I’ll never take them for granted again after this.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • where is your god now
« Reply #4413 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 01:52:53 PM »
Does Britain have a county/metro-area equivalent to Florida, where loads of just terrible/hilarious/tragic mixed stories spew forth on a regular basis?

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4414 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 01:53:54 PM »
Does Britain have a county/metro-area equivalent to Florida, where loads of just terrible/hilarious/tragic mixed stories spew forth on a regular basis?
Yeah, Its called Britain.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #4415 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 01:53:54 PM »

sunderland

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #4416 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 01:54:58 PM »

Fenham

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #4417 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
If you read the local news, but not that anyone out of the town would know about.

Offline thomas

• General Member
  • where is your god now
« Reply #4418 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 01:56:18 PM »
If you read the local news, but not that anyone out of the town would know about.
That's a good qualifier - I suppose the stories would need regional if not national coverage. Might well be Sunderland then :lol:

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #4419 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 04:52:34 PM »
Why is Ellen Degeneris so popular and succesful? She always seems incredibly bored when talking to her guests.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #4420 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 06:02:35 PM »
I think everyone's just amazed she gets to tongue Portia de Rossie's flaps.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline thomas

• General Member
  • where is your god now
« Reply #4421 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 06:20:20 PM »
Don't know if I saw it here or not but this trended recently - she's actually apparently a really mean piece of s*** :lol:

stories are in replies

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Long Island, NY
« Reply #4422 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 06:25:33 PM »
I think everyone's just amazed she gets to tongue Portia de Rossie's flaps.

:lol: That's certainly a way of putting it, bud.

Offline thomas

• General Member
  • where is your god now
« Reply #4423 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 07:40:05 PM »
lawless, faithless hooligan in front of you at the 5 Guys soda fountain pulls this move, WWYD?

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #4424 on: Monday 30 March 2020, 11:54:06 PM »
Wait what? I've never seen a 5 guys without the Freestyle machine. What kind of podunk backwater are you in?