Author Topic: Daft Questions Thread  (Read 105381 times)

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: Daft Questions Thread
« Reply #3550 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:22:28 pm »
Two lesbians probably, I'm just watching

« Reply #3551 on: Friday 10 May 2019, 03:23:57 pm »
:lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3552 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 09:43:33 pm »
It's perfectly acceptable, to assume the gender of a bee, yes or no?

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #3553 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 09:59:11 pm »

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #3554 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 10:17:05 pm »
BEADS?!
Consider winning

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #3555 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 10:19:34 pm »
If anyone asks I was saying Booo-ees when I read that and the other drivel.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #3556 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 12:21:55 am »

:lol: Love that scene so much

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #3557 on: Sunday 19 May 2019, 11:52:30 pm »
Renewing car insurance - previous policy was with the RAC and got a letter from them a while ago talking about how they will auto-renew our policy with them, which is another £100p/a.

I've looked on CTM and found a policy which is roughly £300 less so I've taken that out. The policy with RAC is due to renew 20/05, however I've tried calling and cancelling online (only about 15 minutes ago granted) and their website already shows that I have a policy with them until 2020, i.e. I have already renewed, when we're still on the 19th.

I could wrong, but I was under the impression that auto-renewable contracts were no longer legal in this country for things like this - certainly I know in telecoms you cannot enter customers into auto-renewable contracts to help with fair competition, I'd assume that the Insurance industry would be similar?

Also if I have auto-renewed I'd wonder with it being effectively a brand new contract I'd have a 14-day cooling off period?

Any advice appreciated, I obviously really don't want to have to continue with RAC and especially don't want to have doubly-f***ed myself by taking out a policy with someone else already (but I'd expect I'm in my rights given I've done so before the official renewal date).

Offline Tyne81

« Reply #3558 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 10:32:42 am »
For the first time ever my car insurance renewal was cheaper then the previous year. Like massively so, cheaper then any other comparison sites etc despite not one change in my circumstances bar a year older.

Doesn't help you in the slightest but I'm happy if that does it for ya.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #3559 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 12:34:59 pm »
Renewing car insurance - previous policy was with the RAC and got a letter from them a while ago talking about how they will auto-renew our policy with them, which is another £100p/a.

I've looked on CTM and found a policy which is roughly £300 less so I've taken that out. The policy with RAC is due to renew 20/05, however I've tried calling and cancelling online (only about 15 minutes ago granted) and their website already shows that I have a policy with them until 2020, i.e. I have already renewed, when we're still on the 19th.

I could wrong, but I was under the impression that auto-renewable contracts were no longer legal in this country for things like this - certainly I know in telecoms you cannot enter customers into auto-renewable contracts to help with fair competition, I'd assume that the Insurance industry would be similar?

Also if I have auto-renewed I'd wonder with it being effectively a brand new contract I'd have a 14-day cooling off period?

Any advice appreciated, I obviously really don't want to have to continue with RAC and especially don't want to have doubly-f***ed myself by taking out a policy with someone else already (but I'd expect I'm in my rights given I've done so before the official renewal date).

Aye they can auto-renew, but you do get a 14 day cooling off period regardless of it being a new/renewal so you can still cancel.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #3560 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:11:14 pm »
was sensible soccer as good as i remember it being?
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #3561 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:23:01 pm »
was sensible soccer as good as i remember it being?

Playing it again now would be a big mistake, I did love it at the time though.
Consider winning

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #3562 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:34:31 pm »
I played it not too long ago and it was pretty good fun still. Also PES 2006 still plays very well.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #3563 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 03:02:37 pm »
Was always Steaua Bucharest for some reason on SWOS. Marius Lacatus an ungodly beast. :milner:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #3564 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 04:53:07 pm »
Me mum's just told me she wants to do a walking challenge. Something meaty, over a week at least. She's a smoker and would like some kind of goal like that to help her stop, and she's done brilliantly losing loads of weight over the past 12 months. Has anyone got any recommendations? Coast to Coast was too many miles a day, but she's after something a bit more "I did that!" than a one or two dayer. Anyone here have any recommendations by any chance?

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #3565 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:03:18 pm »
Samsung health is a decent step counter you can put on your phone. Set x amount of steps per day. It's not exactly what you're after but it might provide her with the sense of accomplishment it seems she wants?

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3566 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:05:21 pm »
Hadrians wall?
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3567 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:05:57 pm »
Samsung health is a decent step counter you can put on your phone. Set x amount of steps per day. It's not exactly what you're after but it might provide her with the sense of accomplishment it seems she wants?

Hands down the worst suggestion for a 'walk' ever. :lol:
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #3568 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:06:47 pm »

:lol: I f***ing said it's not what he was asking for. I said it in the post.

« Reply #3569 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:07:24 pm »
Hadrians wall?

:lol: Isn't that pretty much just coast to coast?

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3570 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:07:33 pm »

:lol: I f***ing said it's not what he was asking for. I said it in the post.

I usually just delete those...

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3571 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:08:53 pm »
Hadrians wall?

It's about 100 miles less you f***ing aaargghhh. God I hate you.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #3572 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:11:14 pm »

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #3573 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:16:51 pm »
:lol: "how about your mum looks at her phone instead of doing a walk outdoors?" you total sham

« Reply #3574 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:19:57 pm »
Hadrians wall?

It's about 100 miles less you f***ing aaargghhh. God I hate you.

Wallsend to the Irish sea, cuz. May as well be coast to coast, which Yorkie has already quite clearly stated was too many miles a day. You're not helping here, Jimburst...