Author Topic: Daft Questions Thread  (Read 81748 times)

Offline Tooj

• General Member
Re: Daft Questions Thread
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:24:06 pm »
As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously.
My uncle's (not blood related) brother got done for murder for knifing somebody on a trawler.

He's from Aberdeen so it's self explanatory really.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:31:23 pm »
:lol:

Was just curious. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:36:37 pm »
My stepdad's best mate was murdered about 17 years ago. That's about it.
« Last Edit: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:32:05 pm by Kid Icarus »
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:43:27 pm »
I was wondering more if anyone knew someone personally, and if so, are they still in touch.  Or is a line that renders friendship void, but I don't think I'll get any hits. 

We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:51:47 pm »
I was wondering more if anyone knew someone personally, and if so, are they still in touch.  Or is a line that renders friendship void, but I don't think I'll get any hits.
r/Askreddit is the place to go for that
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:13:42 pm »

Loosely. My best mate at school when I was like 11/12 had an older brother. I'd sometimes cross paths with him & his mate when going round my friend's house, although I never really spoke to them as they seemed a million years older back then. They we're in their later teens, I won't specify as I'm conscious of the fact someone on here may know of them or the story and don't want to offend anyone. Anyway one day my mate didn't come into school which was always kind of a big deal back then. When I got home my mam handed me the paper and asked if I knew who the person on the front was, recognising he shared the same surname as my best mate. It was of course his older brother who had been fatally punched repeatedly by said mate. Won't say the year/month/town it happened to try keep it anonymous.

Being relatively quite young himself, the lad didn't get long and was out 3 years later. I haven't seem him since although I would still recognise him, I see his family members regularly, they're all f***ing terrifying tbh, known round here. Their surname has put the s***s up me since I was young.
The fear of finding oneself alone - that is what they suffer from - and so they don't find themselves at all. - André Gide

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:14:01 pm »
Sure I've mentioned before that we lived next door to a guy who, when we moved in, was doing life for killing a security guard (armed robbery, shotgun). Wife got pally with his missus until he got out, think he did 10 in the end, then it cooled and we f***ed off. His son was the other neighbour, pretty sure he was a hitman, he ended up inside for ABH or something. f***ing hiding drugs and guns up our drainpipe and in our bin, think we made the right call. :lol:

We weren't getting any younger.
:) As you were.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • You might still see them in the desert
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:16:33 pm »

I know a fair few of them, but more on a professional basis like

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:17:13 pm »
Worked with this guy until June when everyone in the building was gathered round to tell us he'd been arrested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-41777001
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline newsted

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:19:52 pm »
f***ing hell.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:31:59 pm »
Lad showed up at our school for years 10 and 11. Weren't friends and didn't keep in touch but heard he killed his girlfriend a few years ago. I guess the signs were there that he wasn't all there; used to whack his dick out in the middle of class, set his pubes on fire and slide lit bits of paper into random locked lockers, too. Lovely chap.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:47:14 pm »
Aye. Still speak when we see each other, but family is family.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:52:02 pm »

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:57:18 pm »
Worked with this guy until June when everyone in the building was gathered round to tell us he'd been arrested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-41777001

That in your current job like?

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 09:58:13 pm »

Yep.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 10:10:36 pm »

Little sister of my childhood best friend stabbed a guy to death and went to jail for a year-ish. Still ralk to her every now and then since the family is still semi-close with ours. Said childhood best friend is transgender now.

Guy she killed was the new boyfriend of my first girlfriend. Dodged a bullet getting out early cause my dick was s***. 

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 10:13:34 pm »
Went to school with, hung about with some of the same people (but never directly) and played for same boy's club as this wretch: 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/cousins-guilty-of-brutal-murder-of-stranger-1-1263574

One of them anyway, John.  Awful c***.  It was years in the making.  Oddly enough, he was a bloody outstanding footballer. 

Offline Figures 1-0 Football

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 10:33:26 pm »
An ex-school friend of mine was murdered by his girlfriend a few years ago.

Both came home drunk from a night out, argument occurs and for little/no reason she repeatedly stabs him to death.

Newcastle United - Relegated 20 August 2017.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 10:57:04 pm »

A mate of mine did a few years for manslaughter - he got started on by a group, fought back, and the guy hit his head on a brick wall as he went down.

Offline newsted

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:01:23 pm »
You shouldn't do time for self-defence, surely?

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:02:56 pm »

I've not really asked about the details, but I don't think it helps that the dead guy's mates were the only witnesses.

Offline newsted

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:05:22 pm »

I've not really asked about the details, but I don't think it helps that the dead guy's mates were the only witnesses.

Guess not. That's f***ed up if true. :(

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:27:01 pm »
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:28:48 pm »
My stepdad's best mate was murdered about 17 years ago. That's about it.
This is the one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2251428.stm
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 11:37:01 pm »

Yep.

Crikey. What was the response like amongst staff?