Author Topic: Daft Questions Thread  (Read 81744 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Daft Questions Thread
« on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:09:33 pm »
 :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Why do we make new threads after a 1000 pages??!?!?!?!?!
« Last Edit: Thursday 5 April 2018, 03:26:14 am by Mike »
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
Re: Daft Questions Thread
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:10:26 pm »
Is Lacrimosa Mozart's best tune?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:11:31 pm »
Seems like quite a dignified question.  Get out.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:11:37 pm »
Capitalized Q :sweetjesus:

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:13:10 pm »
Why is there no space between Bluf and Purdi despite the capital letter?
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:13:49 pm »

Sorry.

will birds be able to use urinals in our gender neutral utopia?

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:14:21 pm »

I prefer 'Big In Japan'.
The fear of finding oneself alone - that is what they suffer from - and so they don't find themselves at all. - André Gide

Offline POOT

• General Member
  • Don't do yersel. It's a dig.
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:15:24 pm »

I'm more concerned with why it has "Administrator" underneath it :undecided:

:lol:
Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
Re: Daft questions Thread
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:16:04 pm »

Sorry.

will birds be able to use urinals in our gender neutral utopia?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:16:53 pm »

The answer to James' question is simple, I do not know.  It just seemed appropriate and it stuck. 

But POOT?  Disappointed mon.

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:26:27 pm »
I've got a non-toilet related question. It's about travelling.

Ahem.

When you're travelling in a foreign country and you stay at a hotel, do you abide by the signs in the toilet which say don't flush toilet paper? Are you supposed to put s***-stained toilet paper in the bin? :lol:

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:27:54 pm »
This forum is obsessed with s***.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:38:05 pm »
I've got a non-toilet related question. It's about travelling.

Ahem.

When you're travelling in a foreign country and you stay at a hotel, do you abide by the signs in the toilet which say don't flush toilet paper? Are you supposed to put s***-stained toilet paper in the bin? :lol:

:lol: yeah, that’s fairly common I’ve found. They should have a little bin next to the toilet for your s*** rags, in addition to the normal trash bin.

FYI if you’re going to Chile, they operate on the doodoo bucket system.

Offline POOT

• General Member
  • Don't do yersel. It's a dig.
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:44:26 pm »

The answer to James' question is simple, I do not know.  It just seemed appropriate and it stuck. 

But POOT?  Disappointed mon.

Feel bad, feel real bad. Forgive :(
Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:54:56 pm »
Why do people think titles should be in all caps when sentence case would do fine?

« Reply #15 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 05:56:53 pm »
How long until DNA evidence starts to decay?
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 06:07:24 pm »
DNA? Its a bone of contention. Jack Horner had to saw through a 65 million year old T Rex thigh bone, to get it on a helicopter. They noticed it had soft tissue still in the deepest part of the bone. From this, it is speculated, that DNA can be harvested. I dont know what happenned further but it seems like DNA can survive 65 million years under the right circumstances.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 06:48:05 pm »
Why do people think titles should be in all caps when sentence case would do fine?

Force of habit, personally.  I even used to finish my titles off with full stops. :lol:

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • You might still see them in the desert
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 07:05:50 pm »

No.  Overture to Marriage of Figaro for me, like.  Obvious choice but I'm not a huge Mozart fan tbh

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 07:37:10 pm »

Its generally completely f***ed after a couple of million years.  Starts to degrade earlier than that, although you won't get a really good sequence from it.  Also depends on how it's stored - spunk on a motel bed will degrade a lot faster than dna from a frozen mammoth.

Human DNA should still be readable - Richard III was identified from his dna and he's been dead over 500 years.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Wash your hands … immediately.
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 07:53:32 pm »

. . . he asked out of pure curiosity and absolutely not in connection with any particular event at all.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:07:39 pm »

. . . he asked out of pure curiosity and absolutely not in connection with any particular event at all.

His potential materialism posts are terrifying.

Bearings Straight!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:12:19 pm »
As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously. 

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • some kind of genetically engineered super jerk
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 7 December 2017, 08:22:56 pm »
As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously. 
I know someone who's killed someone, just not murder. Younger sister's best friend ran over a sheriff's wife while DUI. Said wife was herself intoxicated as a pedestrian on a 6 lane highway.

edit: This was a decade or so ago. She got a few years for vehicular homicide. Was really torn up about it for a long time. Has gotten on with her life now.