Author Topic: TV Problems  (Read 948 times)

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
TV Problems
« on: Friday 3 November 2017, 11:17:59 AM »
So I got a second hand TV and it's worked really well for about 6/7 months. Recently it's started playing up. The screen turns on and acts normally for 20-30 minutes. After this time, the screen turns black but the sound remains the same. Turning it off and on again brings the image back up, but after 5 minutes, the screen goes black and we're back again.

-The remote still works to turn it off, so the receiver is working.
-The sound from the program is still on.
-Unplugging or not using the TV for a few days seems to allow it to work for longer, but eventually it goes off.

Does this suggest that there is some kind of overheating or power supply issue that means that the screen is being turned off? Some kind of capacitor issue or something? :lol: I have no idea but I can't see why it would turn on again straight away, but for a shorter time if it wasn't something that required a 'rest' or to 'cool down' (in laymans terms).
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline khay

• General Member
Re: TV Problems
« Reply #1 on: Friday 3 November 2017, 11:49:12 AM »
Time for a new telly.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #2 on: Friday 3 November 2017, 12:26:57 PM »
:lol: Cheers.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Friday 3 November 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
Likely a overheating issue where something is cutting out as a safety fault.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 7 November 2017, 04:43:07 PM »
That's what I thought, considering the reduced time it works for if it has already been on and cut out...

Offline khay

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 March 2018, 10:39:03 PM »
Did you get a new telly?

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 5 April 2018, 01:35:01 PM »
:lol: f***ing hell, just planning on getting this sorted this weekend haha

« Reply #7 on: Thursday 5 April 2018, 01:46:11 PM »
Might find an envelope with a grand in it down the back if you have a look.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #8 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 11:49:10 AM »
Sorry to bump an old thread but can anyone recommend a decent TV repair firm in the Newcastle/North or South Tyneside area?

The TV has been on the receiving end of a spectacularly unlucky crack to the screen which has left coloured lines vertically and horizontally across the bottom of the screen.