Poll

Do you believe Ashley is in actual takeover talks with a real consortium that actually exists?

Nope
Maybe
Yes

Author Topic: Mike Ashley  (Read 1250497 times)

hartmag and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
Re: Mike Ashley - In "talks" to "sell" "Newcastle"
« Reply #19175 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:08:56 pm »
Noël Gallagher

« Reply #19176 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:10:48 pm »
Santa-na.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

« Reply #19177 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:11:28 pm »
St. Nickelback.

« Reply #19178 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:13:00 pm »
Inspectah Deck the halls.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #19179 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:14:13 pm »
Inspectah Deck the halls.

Now you're just firing wildly into a dark room, man.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline duo

• General Member
« Reply #19180 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:32:20 pm »
Never going to happen !!

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19181 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:45:23 pm »

Rafael Benitez speaks passionately about why Newcastle are the ideal Premier League club to buy

Rafael Benitez has spoken passionately about why Newcastle United are the ideal Premier League team to buy, as owner Mike Ashley edges closer to agreeing a deal to sell the club.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that confidence is growing behind the scenes that a takeover will go through in the coming weeks, despite cynicism on Tyneside regarding Ashley’s willingness to end his 11-year reign.

Takeover talks involving Ashley and at least two potential buyers will continue this week and Benitez believes Newcastle could be the last Premier League club worth buying for anyone who wishes to challenge for silverware in England.

“I understand 100 per cent why someone would want to buy Newcastle United,” said Benitez, ahead of Sunday’s home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers. “It’s very clear, it has the potential to be one of the top sides. For me, it has to be in the top six or top eight clubs, easily.

“I’ve seen some people criticising the North East, but it’s an area with great potential. This club is the only one here in this region, which is so big, you can attract anyone.

“They have asked me about my experience in different countries and different big cities. You go to Madrid, you have four or five teams at the maximum level, you go to Milan and it’s the same. Napoli is similar to Newcastle in terms of everyone supporting one club in the city. It’s positive and unique when you have that. I see what Newcastle can be, that is why I am here.

“It is a club with the clear potential to play in Europe again and do well. If you are in the Premier League and you finish in the top eight, you can play in Europe, in any competition, in the Europa League, in the Champions League [and do well].

“Obviously, you have to go one step at a time, but with the right investment it will help you get there. Doing the right things at the right time, I think Newcastle could be a top six club.”

In 11 years under Ashley, Newcastle have been relegated twice and have secured just one top-five finish. Before 2007, Newcastle’s average league finish in the Premier League was eighth and they qualified for European competitions 11 times, which supports Benitez’s argument.

“We are already at 99 per cent capacity for home games [without success],” Benitez said. “That is extremely rare. Everybody here loves football. I can see the potential, this is a wonderful opportunity for someone [to buy it], but that does not depend on me.”

Benitez is out of contract at the end of the season and has twice refused to sign an extension, as he is not convinced Ashley shares the same ambition to challenge for a top-eight finish.

Should new owners take control, one of their first priorities will be to persuade Benitez to remain as manager, and the Spaniard will hope he will also be given more freedom to spend in the transfer market if the takeover goes through before the January transfer window opens.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19182 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:48:59 pm »
Or the festival known as Christmas?
don't bring logic into this thread it has no place here

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #19183 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:50:26 pm »
Biffy Chrimbo

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19184 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:55:30 pm »
My money's on him being full of s****, but yer knar. :lol:

Invalid Tweet ID
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline jack j

• General Member
  • Spectator
« Reply #19185 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:56:46 pm »
Hes got everyone on a string that black cloud ha.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #19186 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:59:18 pm »

Invalid Tweet ID

Well I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later if this guy is full of s***
I asked for a table and they bought me a lamp.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #19187 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:59:39 pm »

Rafael Benitez speaks passionately about why Newcastle are the ideal Premier League club to buy

Rafael Benitez has spoken passionately about why Newcastle United are the ideal Premier League team to buy, as owner Mike Ashley edges closer to agreeing a deal to sell the club.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that confidence is growing behind the scenes that a takeover will go through in the coming weeks, despite cynicism on Tyneside regarding Ashley’s willingness to end his 11-year reign.

Takeover talks involving Ashley and at least two potential buyers will continue this week and Benitez believes Newcastle could be the last Premier League club worth buying for anyone who wishes to challenge for silverware in England.

“I understand 100 per cent why someone would want to buy Newcastle United,” said Benitez, ahead of Sunday’s home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers. “It’s very clear, it has the potential to be one of the top sides. For me, it has to be in the top six or top eight clubs, easily.

“I’ve seen some people criticising the North East, but it’s an area with great potential. This club is the only one here in this region, which is so big, you can attract anyone.

“They have asked me about my experience in different countries and different big cities. You go to Madrid, you have four or five teams at the maximum level, you go to Milan and it’s the same. Napoli is similar to Newcastle in terms of everyone supporting one club in the city. It’s positive and unique when you have that. I see what Newcastle can be, that is why I am here.

“It is a club with the clear potential to play in Europe again and do well. If you are in the Premier League and you finish in the top eight, you can play in Europe, in any competition, in the Europa League, in the Champions League [and do well].

“Obviously, you have to go one step at a time, but with the right investment it will help you get there. Doing the right things at the right time, I think Newcastle could be a top six club.”

In 11 years under Ashley, Newcastle have been relegated twice and have secured just one top-five finish. Before 2007, Newcastle’s average league finish in the Premier League was eighth and they qualified for European competitions 11 times, which supports Benitez’s argument.

“We are already at 99 per cent capacity for home games [without success],” Benitez said. “That is extremely rare. Everybody here loves football. I can see the potential, this is a wonderful opportunity for someone [to buy it], but that does not depend on me.”

Benitez is out of contract at the end of the season and has twice refused to sign an extension, as he is not convinced Ashley shares the same ambition to challenge for a top-eight finish.

Should new owners take control, one of their first priorities will be to persuade Benitez to remain as manager, and the Spaniard will hope he will also be given more freedom to spend in the transfer market if the takeover goes through before the January transfer window opens.

Please. Please. Someone.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • This is what peak performance looks like.
« Reply #19188 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:00:37 pm »

Invalid Tweet ID
twitter itks are the strongest argument for the return of public executions

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #19189 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:01:57 pm »

Invalid Tweet ID

We're all Bluf in here. :lol:
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline jack j

• General Member
  • Spectator
« Reply #19190 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:02:10 pm »
How does he find it out at 11pm on a satda night.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #19191 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:12:25 pm »

Please. Please. Someone.

Hmmm...not like Rafa to start waxing lyrical, he must be starting to get his hopes up. I know I shouldn't but I'm starting to hope as well... :-X

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #19192 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:15:40 pm »

Invalid Tweet ID

I think people who post Rumi poems on Facebook shade it in the public execution stakes.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #19193 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:15:51 pm »
Can’t allow the Hop to creep in.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #19194 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:18:24 pm »
I'm told it's on but the emergency servives have begged those involved not to make it official on a home game weekend as they don't have the manpower to supervise such a large party. Also they may need a week or so to stockpile enough alcohol.

Edit...just thought if this comes off it could be a hellish testing time for Interpolic and Jill.( Just teasing and I'm sure they knowit)
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #19195 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:20:41 pm »
Can’t allow the Hop to creep in.
Hops shurely ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Robster

• in a lorry
  • General Member
« Reply #19196 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:29:51 pm »
Hmmm...not like Rafa to start waxing lyrical, he must be starting to get his hopes up. I know I shouldn't but I'm starting to hope as well... :-X

I'm not falling into that trap again. f*** that.
" Managers matter, but our manager is desperate for you, and his boss, to believe that they don’t. "
sackpardew.com

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #19197 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:53:18 pm »
Rafa did it for Staveley too.

Offline Big Vern

• General Member
« Reply #19198 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:53:23 pm »
"I was hoping for a sofa and they've brought me a lamp" - Rafa Benitez, Valencia (2003-4)

#IfRafaGoesWeGo

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #19199 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:56:33 pm »

Please. Please. Someone.
I love Rafa so much man :smitten: Not only does he realise the potential of the club, but he believes in it and can articulate it without it coming off all '55000 screaming Jawdies'.