Poll

Do you believe Ashley is in actual takeover talks with a real consortium that actually exists?

Nope
Maybe
Yes

Author Topic: Mike Ashley  (Read 989182 times)

bowlingcrofty, xLiaaamx, UncleBingo, RobS, hbstormo, spooky, Wil, BroonLass, Jinky Jim, Manxst, CheicksCalfs, aussiemag, simonsays, Pons Alias, Optimistic Nut, ozzrahog, Sir Toon, artical, Charlies, Dembacha, Captain Underpants, 54, Stifleaay, Stal (+ 3 Hidden) and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline lovejoy

• Sholagol really...
  • General Member
Re: Mike Ashley - In "talks" to "sell" "Newcastle"
« Reply #19350 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 06:14:44 pm »

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #19351 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 06:15:09 pm »
Probably nowt in it but brother knows someone from the club shop and everything has massive reductions and they have sold a lot of their stock. Apparently made £55k last week, most they have made in a long time. Maybe something in the takeover talks and ashley's trying to flog everything before he goes. Probably not but here's hoping
Stock usually get reduced around now in order to start making space of the new season stock.
Also as it’s been said, it’s Christmas soon, they’ll be selling more stock in general.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #19352 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 06:16:41 pm »
That is some serious straw clutching :lol:

Offline Pixelphish

• General Member
Aye. Just felt I did it at the same time as you and you came out tops every time. Just in a bad mood now after Pixelhax.

Have to get this out now:

Pixel you're either hacking with the demo, or you're too f***ing good to constantly hammer us to the ground with it every time we play. Starts to take the p*ss a bit. I mean, I don't want you to not enjoy the game, but at the same time I'd quite like to enjoy playing it too.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #19354 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 06:24:25 pm »
?s=21

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #19355 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 06:31:30 pm »
Probably nowt in it but brother knows someone from the club shop and everything has massive reductions and they have sold a lot of their stock. Apparently made £55k last week, most they have made in a long time. Maybe something in the takeover talks and ashley's trying to flog everything before he goes. Probably not but here's hoping

Wanted to believe tbh.

:alone:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #19357 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 09:46:31 pm »
Or the festival known as Christmas?

Who’s headlining?

Offline ZeRoE

• General Member
« Reply #19358 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 09:59:08 pm »

« Reply #19359 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:07:55 pm »
Jesus and Mary chain.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline alijmitchell

• General Member
« Reply #19360 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:08:56 pm »
Noël Gallagher

« Reply #19361 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:10:48 pm »
Santa-na.

« Reply #19362 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:11:28 pm »
St. Nickelback.

« Reply #19363 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:13:00 pm »
Inspectah Deck the halls.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #19364 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:14:13 pm »
Inspectah Deck the halls.

Now you're just firing wildly into a dark room, man.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline duo

• General Member
« Reply #19365 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:32:20 pm »
Never going to happen !!

Online HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19366 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:45:23 pm »

Rafael Benitez speaks passionately about why Newcastle are the ideal Premier League club to buy

Rafael Benitez has spoken passionately about why Newcastle United are the ideal Premier League team to buy, as owner Mike Ashley edges closer to agreeing a deal to sell the club.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that confidence is growing behind the scenes that a takeover will go through in the coming weeks, despite cynicism on Tyneside regarding Ashley’s willingness to end his 11-year reign.

Takeover talks involving Ashley and at least two potential buyers will continue this week and Benitez believes Newcastle could be the last Premier League club worth buying for anyone who wishes to challenge for silverware in England.

“I understand 100 per cent why someone would want to buy Newcastle United,” said Benitez, ahead of Sunday’s home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers. “It’s very clear, it has the potential to be one of the top sides. For me, it has to be in the top six or top eight clubs, easily.

“I’ve seen some people criticising the North East, but it’s an area with great potential. This club is the only one here in this region, which is so big, you can attract anyone.

“They have asked me about my experience in different countries and different big cities. You go to Madrid, you have four or five teams at the maximum level, you go to Milan and it’s the same. Napoli is similar to Newcastle in terms of everyone supporting one club in the city. It’s positive and unique when you have that. I see what Newcastle can be, that is why I am here.

“It is a club with the clear potential to play in Europe again and do well. If you are in the Premier League and you finish in the top eight, you can play in Europe, in any competition, in the Europa League, in the Champions League [and do well].

“Obviously, you have to go one step at a time, but with the right investment it will help you get there. Doing the right things at the right time, I think Newcastle could be a top six club.”

In 11 years under Ashley, Newcastle have been relegated twice and have secured just one top-five finish. Before 2007, Newcastle’s average league finish in the Premier League was eighth and they qualified for European competitions 11 times, which supports Benitez’s argument.

“We are already at 99 per cent capacity for home games [without success],” Benitez said. “That is extremely rare. Everybody here loves football. I can see the potential, this is a wonderful opportunity for someone [to buy it], but that does not depend on me.”

Benitez is out of contract at the end of the season and has twice refused to sign an extension, as he is not convinced Ashley shares the same ambition to challenge for a top-eight finish.

Should new owners take control, one of their first priorities will be to persuade Benitez to remain as manager, and the Spaniard will hope he will also be given more freedom to spend in the transfer market if the takeover goes through before the January transfer window opens.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Online jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #19367 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:48:59 pm »
Or the festival known as Christmas?
don't bring logic into this thread it has no place here

Offline morla84

• General Member
« Reply #19368 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:50:26 pm »
Biffy Chrimbo

Online HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19369 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:55:30 pm »
My money's on him being full of s****, but yer knar. :lol:

Invalid Tweet ID
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline jack j

• General Member
  • Spectator
« Reply #19370 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:56:46 pm »
Hes got everyone on a string that black cloud ha.

Online POOT

• General Member
  • Don't do yersel. It's a dig.
« Reply #19371 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:58:02 pm »
He'll be loving it :lol:
Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #19372 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:59:18 pm »

Invalid Tweet ID

Well I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later if this guy is full of s***
I asked for a table and they bought me a lamp.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #19373 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:59:39 pm »

Rafael Benitez speaks passionately about why Newcastle are the ideal Premier League club to buy

Rafael Benitez has spoken passionately about why Newcastle United are the ideal Premier League team to buy, as owner Mike Ashley edges closer to agreeing a deal to sell the club.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that confidence is growing behind the scenes that a takeover will go through in the coming weeks, despite cynicism on Tyneside regarding Ashley’s willingness to end his 11-year reign.

Takeover talks involving Ashley and at least two potential buyers will continue this week and Benitez believes Newcastle could be the last Premier League club worth buying for anyone who wishes to challenge for silverware in England.

“I understand 100 per cent why someone would want to buy Newcastle United,” said Benitez, ahead of Sunday’s home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers. “It’s very clear, it has the potential to be one of the top sides. For me, it has to be in the top six or top eight clubs, easily.

“I’ve seen some people criticising the North East, but it’s an area with great potential. This club is the only one here in this region, which is so big, you can attract anyone.

“They have asked me about my experience in different countries and different big cities. You go to Madrid, you have four or five teams at the maximum level, you go to Milan and it’s the same. Napoli is similar to Newcastle in terms of everyone supporting one club in the city. It’s positive and unique when you have that. I see what Newcastle can be, that is why I am here.

“It is a club with the clear potential to play in Europe again and do well. If you are in the Premier League and you finish in the top eight, you can play in Europe, in any competition, in the Europa League, in the Champions League [and do well].

“Obviously, you have to go one step at a time, but with the right investment it will help you get there. Doing the right things at the right time, I think Newcastle could be a top six club.”

In 11 years under Ashley, Newcastle have been relegated twice and have secured just one top-five finish. Before 2007, Newcastle’s average league finish in the Premier League was eighth and they qualified for European competitions 11 times, which supports Benitez’s argument.

“We are already at 99 per cent capacity for home games [without success],” Benitez said. “That is extremely rare. Everybody here loves football. I can see the potential, this is a wonderful opportunity for someone [to buy it], but that does not depend on me.”

Benitez is out of contract at the end of the season and has twice refused to sign an extension, as he is not convinced Ashley shares the same ambition to challenge for a top-eight finish.

Should new owners take control, one of their first priorities will be to persuade Benitez to remain as manager, and the Spaniard will hope he will also be given more freedom to spend in the transfer market if the takeover goes through before the January transfer window opens.

Please. Please. Someone.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • some kind of genetically engineered super jerk
« Reply #19374 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 11:00:37 pm »

Invalid Tweet ID
twitter itks are the strongest argument for the return of public executions