Poll

Believe this Kenyon story?

Nope
Maybe
50 Cent

Author Topic: Mike Ashley  (Read 868575 times)

mickthemagpie, p_cowell141 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Paully

• General Member
Re: Mike Ashley buys HoF for £90m; unrelated joint statement from club released.
« Reply #14175 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 09:48:46 am »
Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
Re: Mike Ashley buys HoF for £90m; unrelated joint statement from club released.
« Reply #14176 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 10:19:53 am »
Him and Bezos are equally cuntish

If Bezos owned a football club he wouldn't run it on a shoestring and plaster Amazon all over the stadium.

He'd definitely have amazon plastered all over it imo, but in terms of treating their employees they are the same c*** with differing levels of finance
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
It ' time to market and the charm of the enfant terrible , back in fashion . No one wants it , but all seek him . Ben Arfa needs of the spotlight . The field as a film set , the prowess to restart combustion processes of his falling star . To become , finally , Hatem Ben Arfa , a child prodigy .

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #14177 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 11:22:46 am »
£100m :lol:

Offline ExiledGeordie

• General Member
« Reply #14178 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 11:59:30 am »

You just have to hope that this investment in hof and which is going to devote a serious amount of time combined with continued pressure from protests and bad press might finally push him to giving in and selling.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #14181 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 12:31:49 pm »
Him and Bezos are equally cuntish

If Bezos owned a football club he wouldn't run it on a shoestring and plaster Amazon all over the stadium.

He'd definitely have amazon plastered all over it imo, but in terms of treating their employees they are the same c*** with differing levels of finance

Of course he'd have Amazon plastered all over the stadium, but if he wanted a football club associated with his brand, you would imagine he'd want it to be one of the best, not an underfunded club yo-yo-ing between the Premier and the lower divisions.

Offline SpiritOf55

• General Member
« Reply #14182 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 06:32:01 pm »
If Bezos owned Newcastle, we'd put every other club out of business, like Amazon does with the high street.

In all seriousness, though, we would definitely we challenging for Europe within a couple of seasons with him as an owner. Dude is a born winner.
"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." - Sir Bobby Robson

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #14183 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 06:35:47 pm »
Has anybody actually got something with some substance about how much his free advertising is costing the club annually?
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline SteveMc

• General Member
« Reply #14184 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 06:43:44 pm »
The adverts pitch side yesterday were particularly full on

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #14185 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 06:53:49 pm »
The adverts pitch side yesterday were particularly full on
It was almost as if he was doubling down against the potential unrest towards him.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #14186 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 07:05:13 pm »
Has anybody actually got something with some substance about how much his free advertising is costing the club annually?

I’m amazed nobody has ever been able to quote how much we’re “losing” from it given it should be in previous accounts?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #14187 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 08:56:25 pm »
There's a stat about how we're the only Premier League club whose commercial income hasn't increased in the last decade.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #14188 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 09:07:26 pm »
Andy Gray, Richard Keys, Steve Parish...the c***s keep on popping up.

Offline Zippity

• General Member
« Reply #14189 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 09:26:41 pm »
There's a stat about how we're the only Premier League club whose commercial income hasn't increased in the last decade.

Greetings from footymad  :D

Only up to the season before last but commercial income will probably show a growth of about 3p in fatso's time here.

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #14190 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 09:38:39 pm »
What is the other that has appeared in the last 3 years?

Offline Zippity

• General Member
« Reply #14191 on: Sunday 12 August 2018, 09:47:42 pm »
Sorry, man...took it from the Swiss Ramble and, frankly, it makes my head hurt.

This is the link, though:

?lang=en

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #14192 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 12:19:58 am »
How the hell has match day income dropped off in the last 10 years? Id guess were the only club in that situation as well.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #14193 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 01:18:35 am »
How the hell has match day income dropped off in the last 10 years? Id guess were the only club in that situation as well.

Online cp40

• General Member
« Reply #14194 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 07:34:17 am »
5 lives sport facebook page asking questions of Ashley. Maybe a shift in the media.

Offline Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #14195 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 09:25:22 am »

In an ideal world we'd be able to say "Its probably because the matchday staff are getting generous yearly raises and bonuses well above inflation, which is keeping the costs high."

But it's Ashley so it's safe to assume that's not happening.

Online Stal

• General Member
« Reply #14196 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 10:40:23 am »
I cancelled my sky because of this odious cretin and I've just had the survey through. I have made sure that I have filled in every free text box that their love-in with the obnoxious man child is the reason I quit them.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #14197 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 10:49:30 am »

In an ideal world we'd be able to say "Its probably because the matchday staff are getting generous yearly raises and bonuses well above inflation, which is keeping the costs high."

But it's Ashley so it's safe to assume that's not happening.

If I recall it’s because Ashley has out sourced everything to private companies (Programs, Catering, Bars etc) so it doesn’t matter if 1 person goes to the game or 52k go to the game the money is the same set (low) amount. So all the profits go to the private companies. I’ll not insult your intelligence further by telling you who owns these private companies and gets most of the money instead of the club being able to maximise it. All I will say is guess who wins again :lol:

Offline Wallsendmag

• General Member
Re: Mike Ashley
« Reply #14198 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 11:37:22 am »
What is the other that has appeared in the last 3 years?

Rugby League Magic Weekend maybe?
Sunderland AFC - The club that knowingly played a paedophile

Offline Scoreboard82

• General Member
Re: Mike Ashley
« Reply #14199 on: Monday 13 August 2018, 12:29:05 pm »
Dennis Wise at it again on SSN this morning. Said some will have a go at Ashley no matter what he does. As if we're picking on poor Mike with no justification. He criticised Man Utd for them not bringing in players to close the gap on City/ keep up with Liverpool but when it came to discussing NUFC it was 'What's wrong with clever buying and selling?' or words to that effect. He went on to say 'Even Rafa said he was happy with the transfer window' overlooking the fact that Rafa can only say so much and was under an amount of duress when putting his name to that club statement last week.