Poll

Do you believe Ashley is in actual takeover talks with a real consortium that actually exists?

Nope
Maybe
Yes

Author Topic: Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan  (Read 1301033 times)

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
Re: Mike Ashley
« Reply #23625 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 04:38:33 pm »
20mil for gayle come off it,we would snap a hand off for half that

He's as close as you can get to a guarantee of 20+ goals in the championship. Prolific strikers increase your chances of promotion dramatically. The value of promotion is in excess of £100m.

If you're a nearly team, signing Gayle might near enough guarantee you top 2 and automatic. In which case, it'd be a bargain, even at £20m imho.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #23626 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 04:48:08 pm »
?s=21

With the added ridiculousness that it's likely a Championship club buy him at that price, where we've only spent anything like that once in Ashley's reign on Almiron.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #23627 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 04:54:25 pm »
?s=21

With the added ridiculousness that it's likely a Championship club buy him at that price, where we've only spent anything like that once in Ashley's reign on Almiron.
Its Fulham tbf.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #23628 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 05:42:28 pm »
20mil for gayle come off it,we would snap a hand off for half that

He's as close as you can get to a guarantee of 20+ goals in the championship. Prolific strikers increase your chances of promotion dramatically. The value of promotion is in excess of £100m.

If you're a nearly team, signing Gayle might near enough guarantee you top 2 and automatic. In which case, it'd be a bargain, even at £20m imho.

No club will take us on that £20m bargain I would wager.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #23629 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 06:25:36 pm »
?s=21

Apparently head guy of that Mexican group has confirmed they want Newcastle United.

Said they wanted us during the season but had to wait due to the relegation risks.

All this is according to some Mexican translation of qoutes coming from their recent press conference on Twitter so not sure how legit  :undecided:

Their definitely legit at buying football clubs though :laugh:
« Last Edit: Thursday 23 May 2019, 06:40:05 pm by Gallowgate End »

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #23630 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 06:32:03 pm »
Apparently head guy of that Mexican group has confirmed they want Newcastle United.

Said they wanted us during the season but had to wait due to the relegation risks.

All this is according to some Mexican translation of qoutes coming from their recent press conference on Twitter so not sure how legit  :undecided:

don't do it to yourself man
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #23631 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 06:35:19 pm »

don't do it to yourself man

Aye taken with a pinch of salt :lol:

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #23632 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 09:04:57 pm »
?s=21

?s=21

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #23633 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 09:11:29 pm »
?s=21

?s=21
Not sure how that means it’s over, when reporting someone else’s desire, ‘wanted’ becomes the more apt word, right?

Offline Carlito

• General Member
« Reply #23634 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 09:54:07 pm »

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #23635 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 10:02:59 pm »
I’ve decided to trust Stifler’s command of Spanish over this “Felipe” character’s.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #23636 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 10:09:40 pm »
So the takeover that was never on and there was no evidence for and the 2 + 2 maths involved added up to about 54 is now off !!!!!!!

I'm devastated
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #23637 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 10:54:51 pm »
Former Newcastle United chairman Sir John Hall has revealed that Mike Ashley said he wanted to buy the club to help him sell his Sports Direct goods in the Far East.

Hall sold his shares in the Magpies to Ashley in 2007, having presided over a fantastic 15 years at the helm of the club. Ashley’s time with Newcastle has been rather less successful, though.

Hall has had his say: “In my day the owners were all local millionaires,” he said, as per The Chronicle’s news and transfer centre [23/05; 14:15]. “Today, there’s no local millionaires like ourselves.

“I got a call one day from some of Ashley’s people. I was going to London and I met them and we did a deal. And I said ‘why do you want the club?’ and they said – his words to me from his team were – ‘we want to market the sports goods in the Far East. It would be very helpful if we had a brand in soccer’.

“So in effect they were buying it, at a good price, and they were going to use it to, basically, sell their goods in the Far East and other places.”

So in effect he's never going to sell up, because it's all about his sporting business.

Good going Mr. Hall. Good going.

I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #23638 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 12:55:30 am »
He's not leaving unless he's forced to simple as that. Whether that's us forcing him out, him needing the money desperately, or he gets caught for something illegal and has to sell.

Unfortunately I can't see any of those scenarios happening any time soon.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #23639 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 01:43:58 am »
He’s here forever.

If Sports Direct ever go tits up, he can always fall back on the club and siphon 30m out of the club every season. Sort of like he’s doing already.

Why would he get rid of his rainy day fund?
Minge Tingles

Online r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #23640 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 02:12:14 am »
I can't see him selling willingly either but I don't think just bleeding the club dry is such an easy feet.

Only a manager of rafa's calibre can keep us in the league with minimal investment. On the flip side a manager of this stature won't be content with feeding off scraps.

I think the most likely event is we become a yoyo club and Ashley considers selling us when can't get us back the Premier league at the first time of asking.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #23641 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 05:52:02 am »
I can't see him selling willingly either but I don't think just bleeding the club dry is such an easy feet.

Only a manager of rafa's calibre can keep us in the league with minimal investment. On the flip side a manager of this stature won't be content with feeding off scraps.

I think the most likely event is we become a yoyo club and Ashley considers selling us when can't get us back the Premier league at the first time of asking.

Pardew kept us up for 5 year on a shoestring ad he also kept his mouth shut apart from when he was defending "Mike", why not just go back in for him
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #23642 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 07:12:35 am »
Because the league has changed a lot since then?
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #23643 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 07:18:05 am »
Former Newcastle United chairman Sir John Hall has revealed that Mike Ashley said he wanted to buy the club to help him sell his Sports Direct goods in the Far East.

Hall sold his shares in the Magpies to Ashley in 2007, having presided over a fantastic 15 years at the helm of the club. Ashley’s time with Newcastle has been rather less successful, though.

Hall has had his say: “In my day the owners were all local millionaires,” he said, as per The Chronicle’s news and transfer centre [23/05; 14:15]. “Today, there’s no local millionaires like ourselves.

“I got a call one day from some of Ashley’s people. I was going to London and I met them and we did a deal. And I said ‘why do you want the club?’ and they said – his words to me from his team were – ‘we want to market the sports goods in the Far East. It would be very helpful if we had a brand in soccer’.

“So in effect they were buying it, at a good price, and they were going to use it to, basically, sell their goods in the Far East and other places.”

So in effect he's never going to sell up, because it's all about his sporting business.

Good going Mr. Hall. Good going.

hang about man, how would hall know he'd necessarily be the type of c*** who would think a good strategy to promote his brand would be absolute chaos and relegations from the most popular football league in the world? :lol:

the red bull clubs etc. still manage to compete as actual football clubs...sports direct as tacky and s**** but if he'd ran the club properly from the start 12 years ago literally none of us would have give a single f***
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Absolute C***
« Reply #23645 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 08:31:23 am »
What he claimed he was using the club for is irrelevant, it's the fact that he clearly has never had the club's best interest at heart. And SJH knew that was the case, going off those comments.

No professional football club should be secondary to a f***ing sports shop or any other business.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #23646 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 10:50:20 am »
I doubt getting relegated to the Championship does much for promoting his brand is Asia. Unless they're bigger fans of Millwall and Bristol than I realise.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #23647 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 01:10:54 pm »
Mike, how hard can it be ffs? He told your Thumb mate what he wanted in order to sign a new contract back in March. You’ve had two months to work out the sums on Charner’s Fisher Price My First Calculator as to whether you can do it or not.

What the f*** exactly is there to talk about?!

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #23648 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 01:19:14 pm »
I don't think MA is adroit enough to develop a long term strategy and stick with it.  What's SD done in the Far East?  I see a dreamer who bulls his way to short term results and then loses interest in his projects.  I swear it is only his ego that has kept him from selling the club years ago.  He knows he didn't do his due diligence when he bought the club, he felt he was duped, and he wants to feel like he got a premium when he sells on.
It is my intent to purchase NUFC as soon as possible with the fullest extent of my personal wealth which may not be all that much right now, and may never be, but I stand by my statement nonetheless.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #23649 on: Friday 24 May 2019, 01:25:12 pm »
I don't think MA is adroit enough to develop a long term strategy and stick with it.  What's SD done in the Far East?  I see a dreamer who bulls his way to short term results and then loses interest in his projects.  I swear it is only his ego that has kept him from selling the club years ago.  He knows he didn't do his due diligence when he bought the club, he felt he was duped, and he wants to feel like he got a premium when he sells on.

Not far wrong this. Just applies his barrow boy methods to everything. Probs got us in the 1st place because that’s what billionaires do.