Poll

Benitez approval rating

Still behind him 100%
Behind him but losing faith
Undecided
He's on borrowed time
We should sack him (PS: wanna buy this match ticket so I can keep my loyalty points going?)

Author Topic: Rafael Benítez  (Read 498005 times)

Boosden, Tubestationatmidnight, Joey, Jagten (+ 3 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
Re: Rafael Benítez
« Reply #9675 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 07:58:04 pm »
I just might kill myself if Brendan Rodgers becomes NUFC manager. End of days.

He got Liverpool closer to winning the league than Rafa or even free spending Klopp.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world, far from it and probably my first realistic choice should Rafa go.

Would rather Ronny "f***ing" Pickering

That's who.

Who the f***s that?

Yea, me.

Offline Odin

• General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #9676 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:12:22 pm »
Even if he was suddenly backed (highly doubtful), I suspect there’s been too much crap that’s happened over the last few windows. Will he ever turn it around?

The squad is about as good as the one that finished up last season, yet we’re playing like a team already relegated.

This isn’t Rafas fault, clearly. He’s been shat on by Mike Ashley and it’s taken it’s toll.

I’d always hoped Ashley would be gone and someone with some clout would come in and start building a decent squad. It’s just dragged on though and all that good will and buzz about when Rafa first arrived is fading away bit by bit.
Minge Tingles

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #9677 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:16:20 pm »
Steve Bruce
Fat Heed
Pardew

or

Rodgers... hmm

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #9678 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:20:45 pm »
The buzz when Rafa arrived was because we all thought that Ashley had changed his ways and he was going to run the club like it should be and Rafa would never have joined us if certain promises had not been made

Online Tubestationatmidnight

• General Member
« Reply #9679 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:40:00 pm »
The buzz when Rafa arrived was because we all thought that Ashley had changed his ways and he was going to run the club like it should be and Rafa would never have joined us if certain promises had not been made

Exactly that. I fell for it big time and feel a right mug now. Another load of pointless away trips later and thousands of pounds down. I won't be making that mistake ever again

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #9680 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:41:55 pm »
Honestly couldn't care less who the next manager it is, because whoever it is I'll be much much more than I am now to try and get Ashley out.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #9681 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:42:42 pm »
Honestly couldn't care less who the next manager it is, because whoever it is I'll be much much more than I am now to try and get Ashley out.
This.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #9682 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 08:51:16 pm »
I would prefer the next manager to be an Ashley apologist so we can go full on protest and this this bloke out of our club.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #9683 on: Saturday 13 October 2018, 11:38:20 pm »
I would prefer the next manager to be an Ashley apologist so we can go full on protest and this this bloke out of our club.

Exactly, it's somehow even more tiring when there's still some good in the club.

Offline Odin

• General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #9684 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 02:38:15 am »
So basically Fat Sam is the man because there’ll be venom coming from every direction?
Minge Tingles

Offline Altamullan

• General Member
  • 1969-71, 1978, 1995, 1997-2000, 2003-05. 2019?
« Reply #9685 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 07:29:45 am »
Even if he was suddenly backed (highly doubtful), I suspect there’s been too much crap that’s happened over the last few windows. Will he ever turn it around?

The squad is about as good as the one that finished up last season, yet we’re playing like a team already relegated.

2-0 up at Old Trafford until 70th minute. Holding out for a 0-0 at Palace (restricting them to four shots on target, we had three). Also a 0-0 at Cardiff, where we had 10 men for half an hour—not referring to how supremely s*** Kennedy played—had six  shots on target to their one and missed a last min pen ( am referring... never mind).

In between the above, we’ve lost 2-1 to Spurs (15 shots each), Chelsea (drawing until an 87th min own goal) and Arsenal (two shots on target each) at home and to Man City away. None of them unexpected losses, humiliating results, nor characterised by unmotivated ‘already given up’ performances.

Forgot to mention Leicester. Probably most disappointing performance for me and closest fit to the point highlighted. Saying that, giving away a stupid pen at that stage was always going to make a tricky game very difficult.

Personally, I think we’re just getting started. Just hope everyone’s head is on the game—those that matter, I mean.
« Last Edit: Sunday 14 October 2018, 07:41:13 am by Altamullan »
No se ganó Zamora en una hora y lo barato sale caro

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #9686 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 08:07:40 am »
Personally, I think we’re just getting started. Just hope everyone’s head is on the game—those that matter, I mean.

first win and we're away i reckon, the longer it takes to get that it'll become less relevant as it'll be too much to come back from

combination of the fixtures and ashley have made this an uphill struggle from day one
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #9687 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 08:17:42 am »

2-0 up at Old Trafford until 70th minute. Holding out for a 0-0 at Palace (restricting them to four shots on target, we had three). Also a 0-0 at Cardiff, where we had 10 men for half an hour—not referring to how supremely s*** Kennedy played—had six  shots on target to their one and missed a last min pen ( am referring... never mind).

In between the above, we’ve lost 2-1 to Spurs (15 shots each), Chelsea (drawing until an 87th min own goal) and Arsenal (two shots on target each) at home and to Man City away. None of them unexpected losses, humiliating results, nor characterised by unmotivated ‘already given up’ performances.

Forgot to mention Leicester. Probably most disappointing performance for me and closest fit to the point highlighted. Saying that, giving away a stupid pen at that stage was always going to make a tricky game very difficult.

Sound :clap:
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #9688 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 09:05:01 am »
Rodgers is another Pardew in terms of his calibre as an actual person. He's not a good person, wouldn't want him here at all.
Bearings Straight!

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #9689 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 10:20:25 am »
Rodgers is another Pardew in terms of his calibre as an actual person. He's not a good person, wouldn't want him here at all.

I couldn't agree more. :clap:
:) As you were.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #9690 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 10:29:42 am »
Blobfish is a f***ing fraud, like. And like Pardew he’s an egregious sycophant. Right up fat Mike’s street

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛
« Reply #9691 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 10:37:43 am »

All that says to me is we are simply not clinical enough in front of goal where others are. That could be down to two things s*** players or confidence? Or both? The Man Utd first half was a highlights real of how poor some of our chances on goal are and attempted finishing.

Is this because most of the players have now switched their mentality and focus to the defensive aspect of the game? Have they lost their flair? Is it down to confidence? I wouldn't mind seeing Rafa let these players loose gung ho, a little bit like the bravery show in the first half at Man Utd, and let's actually see if this scaremongering about us getting thrashed by 6 or 7 is true, how will we ever know how good a side we are taking the game to oppositions until we have seen it? I'd like to see us have a go and lose by 6, just so I know and it's evident. Because I'm not convinced we would.

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • Han Colo's dark side
« Reply #9692 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 10:42:07 am »
Blobfish is a f***ing fraud, like. And like Pardew he’s an egregious sycophant. Right up fat Mike’s street

I’d argue that comparison football wise is a little unfair mind. It’s a pretty low bar though - a better football brain than someone with the average IQ of a primordial Protozoa.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #9693 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 11:13:02 am »
Rodgers wouldn’t come here. He knows he has it good at Celtic where ha can pretty much do no homework and tell the lads to just go out and enjoy themselves and still likely end up winning everything.
So long as he’s on that ship he’s never coming back to the Premier League, and he certainly not coming to a club like us who will have no backing from the owner.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #9694 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 11:27:11 am »
Rodgers will definitely be back in the Prem but I doubt it will be for us

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #9695 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 11:39:32 am »
funny how there's an LMA yet they never say or do anything about cuntish owners, should be telling all their members not to touch c***s like ashley with a bargepole but i guess the majority of them are PFM's that love money
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #9696 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 12:45:23 pm »

I couldn't agree more. :clap:

Same here :clap:

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #9697 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 01:30:46 pm »
funny how there's an LMA yet they never say or do anything about cuntish owners, should be telling all their members not to touch c***s like ashley with a bargepole but i guess the majority of them are PFM's that love money

League managers have it pretty good in the top leagues.  Why rock the boat. Look at the plonkers who keep getting high paid jobs.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #9698 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:37:48 pm »
Rodgers is basically Pardew but with a decent football philosophy in terms of style and trying to get a team to play to that style. He’s a con man though in terms of his character and persona, it’s all a confidence trick. And once the trick wears off... they have nothing left. I prefer genuine people who don’t need to create an illusion or have to trick people to get them to follow their ideas.

KK was a great salesman as we all know, but he was never false. If he told Rob Lee you are good enough to play for England and will play for England it was because that’s what he believed and imagine Rob Lee when that happened, well he has said many a time since that KK saw something in him and helped get it out of him that no other manager did or could, coach or even he himself ever could.

If KK thought you were s***...

It’s no coincidence Pardew kept Shola around and KK tried to get rid of him. I’m no hater of Shola but Pardew needs players like that around because they would never question his bull s*** and because they are crap he can peddle his bull s*** patter to them and have them eating out of his hands.

Rodgers is like a good Pardew if that’s possible, and has some good aspects to his management and coaching, but it’s built on the same kind of bull s*** and will wear thin eventually. Especially among better players and players who are not thick as f***.

That Liverpool side that went close was a joy to watch though and I know many a Red who regarded that season as their best ever in the PL era in terms of how they played, even including what Klopp is doing now. Personally I thought Roy Evans’ Liverpool were better to watch of any Liverpool side I’ve seen.

Why would Rodgers come here anyway, he would have much better offers I’d imagine.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Stottie

• General Member
  • Aal these sheep and you've got nae bacon!
« Reply #9699 on: Sunday 14 October 2018, 03:51:36 pm »

At the time, I'm pretty sure Gayle and Ritchie were top ten (top five?) highest ever transfer fees for a club in the Championship. The net spend was still minus of course thanks to Gini and Sissoko, but you'd have a hard job convincing any neutral that we scraped our way back up into the PL. The revert to bare minimum scraping has been following promotion. Instead of us kicking on, the war chest has been firmly locked and chained with the parachute and TV money inside.