Author Topic: Rafa Benítez leaves Dalian  (Read 1195391 times)

TRon, astraguy, Pokerprince2004, Abra Dubravka, Adams, Wandy, Colo's Short and Curlies, Smal, Shearergol, Dinho lad, Paulander, mangoliver, looneytoon84, Infinitely Content, Yelevats, Strawberry, hazeyb, Ricksmissinglimb, Novocastrian (+ 3 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
Re: Rafa Benítez
« Reply #19250 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 11:30:55 AM »
I mean to quote rafa in that article

Some people criticize the fans and say, 'Oh they want too much'. No. They just want to be at a level they deserve.
On the other side:

Quote from: Sprout Face
'If you're a club like ours that expects to be in the bottom half of the Premier League, it's always tough,'

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
  • pls die DT
« Reply #19251 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 11:34:27 AM »
Half the people he’s sticking up for have been sticking the knife into him since he left. He’s a great bloke, there’s a lot I don’t understand about our fans but turning on Rafa is the number one.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #19252 on: Saturday 26 December 2020, 12:01:47 PM »
It’s a brilliant but depressing read - absokute tragic that we let him walk away and paid £4 million for the current clown

Online David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is. We are where we are.
« Reply #19253 on: Sunday 27 December 2020, 06:57:02 AM »
Miss this man.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #19254 on: Sunday 27 December 2020, 03:55:50 PM »
Help us Rafa Benitez....you're our only hope

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #19255 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 09:33:08 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Online Abra Dubravka

• General Member
« Reply #19256 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 09:39:48 PM »
Only ever played defensive, negative football, with five at the back and one up front...

** How the hell do you embed tweets?  :aww:

Online GWN

• General Member
« Reply #19257 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 09:43:38 PM »
Help us Rafa Benitez....you're our only hope

:lol:
Returning NUFC fan after a long time away.

Online Collage

• General Member
« Reply #19258 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 09:48:43 PM »
Only ever played defensive, negative football, with five at the back and one up front...

Great goal that. Good times :(

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Long live BeoutQ
« Reply #19259 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 09:53:53 PM »
Bloody brilliant goal and some quality limbs in the away end too.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #19260 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 10:07:04 PM »

Great goal that. Good times :(

Feels like an eternity ago.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #19261 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 10:18:20 PM »
Manquillo is our best rb- seems Bruce has finally decided Kraft is utter turd now
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline Armchair Pundit

• General Member
  • Energy Vampire
« Reply #19262 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 10:21:08 PM »
The thing is several of our players looks so much better under Rafa, mainly because he had them drilled and playing tactics suited to their abilities. You could put a root vegetable in the dugout that'd be as effective as Bruce.
#PremierLeagueIsCorrupt

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #19263 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 03:30:03 PM »
?s=21

Online KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #19264 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:03:25 PM »
Man ... we were so close to building the club up to something worthwhile again. So close.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #19265 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:21:06 PM »
Man ... we were so close to building the club up to something worthwhile again. So close.

It’s a travesty!

Coming back on the train after Fulham, everyone and everything seemed so positive - all the talk was Rafa was going to re-sign, Rondon permanent and go from there! I think Perez would have stayed and Rafa could have spent the other £50m which this clown spent on what he wanted.

But of course, Ashley, the stupid t***, knows best  :rant:

To think we let him walk away and paid £3m to hire this useless b******  :rant:

It’s absolutely absurd

Online Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #19266 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:21:56 PM »
Worst thing is it was all because Ashley wanted to spunk £40m on Joelinton for no reason at all  :lol:
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Carlito

• General Member
« Reply #19267 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:26:50 PM »

It’s a travesty!

Coming back on the train after Fulham, everyone and everything seemed so positive - all the talk was Rafa was going to re-sign, Rondon permanent and go from there! I think Perez would have stayed and Rafa could have spent the other £50m which this clown spent on what he wanted.

But of course, Ashley, the stupid t***, knows best  :rant:

To think we let him walk away and paid £3m to hire this useless b******  :rant:

It’s absolutely absurd

I was thinking about this myself last night.

During Ashley's time here he's adopted this policy of looking to sign unknown foreign players on the cheap, with minimal English signings (with PL experience) sprinkled in. Meanwhile we never look to the continent for hidden gems in terms of managerial appointments, and worse, we'll actually pay a compensation fee for an English manager that the game passed by in the 00's. Ashley's entire philosophy has been arse backwards.

Online TRon

• General Member
« Reply #19268 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 04:31:24 PM »

We really weren't. The sort of infrastructure Rafa was talking about building requires investment, and Ashley was never interested in infrastructure as there's no obvious quick gains to be made. Rafa knew by the end that he was never going to be on the same wavelength as the owner and that was never going to change. In hindsight even fighting to sign Rondon was a ridiculous state of affairs for a manager of his pedigree. He wouldn't even be looking at those players if he was at Liverpool or Tottenham.

Offline andyc35i

« Reply #19269 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:02:33 PM »
Imagine letting all those league goals just walk out the door and trying to replace them with a £40m Brazilian - it’s hard to comprehend this nonsense

Online GWN

• General Member
« Reply #19270 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:08:23 PM »
What’s Rafa doing these days management wise?
Returning NUFC fan after a long time away.

Online HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19271 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:11:36 PM »
No idea if the season in China is playing atm but Dalian were teetering near the relegation places.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Online KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #19272 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 05:56:22 PM »

We really weren't. The sort of infrastructure Rafa was talking about building requires investment, and Ashley was never interested in infrastructure as there's no obvious quick gains to be made. Rafa knew by the end that he was never going to be on the same wavelength as the owner and that was never going to change. In hindsight even fighting to sign Rondon was a ridiculous state of affairs for a manager of his pedigree. He wouldn't even be looking at those players if he was at Liverpool or Tottenham.

By the time Rafa left he was just asking to be allowed to spend any transfer money as he wished ... that was it and he was happy to stay on.

Now, when you consider that s since he left Bruce has spent £100 million then it all starts to look incredibly ridiculous.

Rafa could have used some of that on transfers and some to start small improvements on the infrastructure no problem.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #19273 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 06:44:13 PM »
No idea if the season in China is playing atm but Dalian were teetering near the relegation places.

Season finished a while back. 2021 doesn’t seem to have been announced when it’s going to start yet.

Online astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #19274 on: Friday 15 January 2021, 06:47:10 PM »
Rafa Benitez: "Bruno Fernandes was a player we were following at Newcastle. At Sporting Lisbon he had an issue with his club. We were progressing but the problem was the matter would go to court and that would complicate it. The club didn’t want to do that
Apparently in the times