Author Topic: Rafa Benítez  (Read 1152248 times)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
Re: Rafa Benítez
« Reply #19150 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 10:39:46 PM »
Would carry him back.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #19151 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 10:40:41 PM »
Not for me, Clive. (Unless it was between him or Patsy)

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #19152 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 10:41:58 PM »
Really? Why not?

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #19153 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 10:53:48 PM »
Really? Why not?

Nothing more than you should never go back really. Nothing on his character or ability.

Plus it’d end up being divisive as f*** as a large % of supporters are thick, often deliberately so. Media will be gasping for him to fail too.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #19154 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 10:56:04 PM »
Really? Why not?

Nothing more than you should never go back really. Nothing on his character or ability.

Plus it’d end up being divisive as f*** as a large % of supporters are thick, often deliberately so. Media will be gasping for him to fail too.

But having to watch him manager another English team tho :anguish:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #19155 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 10:57:32 PM »
Really? Why not?

Aye but if we’ve been taken over and Bruce is jettisoned it’d be nowhere near as bad. Nobody was too fussed, from memory, when KK rocked up with City.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #19156 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 11:00:40 PM »
Really? Why not?

Aye but if we’ve been taken over and Bruce is jettisoned it’d be nowhere near as bad. Nobody was too fussed, from memory, when KK rocked up with City.

Fair
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #19157 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 11:32:04 PM »

For me, id take him back in a heartbeat. Poch was the only challenger and think he be going Barca, Madrid or Man U.

Offline GideonShandy

• General Member
« Reply #19158 on: Thursday 19 November 2020, 11:57:24 PM »
He obviously wants to come back if there's a takeover. His heart's still here. I'd love it.

Offline olliemort

• General Member
« Reply #19159 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 12:01:48 AM »
Jesus takeover and Rafa would be an unbelievable turnaround

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #19160 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 01:36:48 AM »
Rafa was incredible, if he could spend money with us at the top half of his wish list instead of the bottom then he would win something here. That's what we've craved. I'd lose my s*** with excitement even if simply we won the League Cup.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #19161 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 03:13:12 AM »
Rafa was incredible, if he could spend money with us at the top half of his wish list instead of the bottom then he would win something here. That's what we've craved. I'd lose my s*** with excitement even if simply we won the League Cup.

What if we won the league cup this season under Bruce ( by some fluke )
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #19162 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 03:58:17 AM »
Would prefer Allegri or Pochettino if a takeover was to happen for the same reasons Disco put. Would love it if he came back regardless, mind.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #19163 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 05:08:11 AM »
I am going to put my money on one of the s*** media pundits a.k.a Bruce's media brigade, to come on Soccer Saturday or on BT tomorrow and slate Rafa for being 'disrespectful'  talking about another manager's job an destablising the team for coming out and talking about the Newcastle job when Bruce is doing a fantastic job at the club. Hope its followed up by a crushing 6-0 loss but they'll blame Rafa for that too.
« Last Edit: Friday 20 November 2020, 05:21:19 AM by nufcjb »

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #19164 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 05:29:18 AM »
Don't get the "never go back" craic. Should Keegan have not come back? Obviously it ended badly, but where was that sentiment when he got a tune out of Viduka-Owen-Martins and it seemed Ashley might well be a good owner (!) ?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #19165 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 07:51:47 AM »
He's by a billion miles my number one choice if a takeover goes through! I don't give a rat's arse what some of our fans will say or the bellends in the media! If you think they were bad with Rafa first time then they'll be far worse if he takes one of their PFM favourite's jobs! Ferk them!

Unfinished business!

Offline Hoogen

• General Member
« Reply #19166 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 07:53:59 AM »
He's by a billion miles my number one choice if a takeover goes through! I don't give a rat's arse what some of our fans will say or the bellends in the media! If you think they were bad with Rafa first time then they'll be far worse if he takes one of their PFM favourite's jobs! Ferk them!

Unfinished business!

100%. Just imagine being back in SJP singing “Rafa is our king” with ambitious owners behind him man. Stuff dreams are made off.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #19167 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 09:03:36 AM »

Unfinished business!

Yep. I’m on the same page.

I’d take Poch mind if we can’t have Rafa.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #19168 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 08:40:08 AM »
Dunno why I let myself get TRIGGERED by it but the Chronicle comments section is exactly what you'd expect after Rafa's latest comments. The contempt from some is just... bah, no words really. Staggering how thick some are. Did nowt, money grabber, why are ppl still on about him, etc etc.
« Last Edit: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:25:47 AM by Yorkie »

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #19169 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 09:08:29 AM »
Dunno why I let myself get TRIGGERED by it but the Chronicle comments section is exactly what you'd expect after Rafa's latest comments. The contempt from some is just... bag, no words really. Staggering how thick some are. Did nowt, money grabber, why are ppl still on about him, etc etc.
Nothing positive or intelligent has ever been said on the Chronicle comments section.
Anytime a building is proposed the same ‘Why aren’t the council building homes for soldiers/homeless?’ question always gets asked. It doesn’t matter how many times people tell them that it’s a private development proposed by a private developer on land that is privately owned, they never understand.

Offline Bishops Finger

• General Member
« Reply #19170 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 12:40:37 PM »
Dunno why I let myself get TRIGGERED by it but the Chronicle comments section is exactly what you'd expect after Rafa's latest comments. The contempt from some is just... bah, no words really. Staggering how thick some are. Did nowt, money grabber, why are ppl still on about him, etc etc.
[/quote
Same. Couldn't believe what I was reading. Didn't realise there were so many idiots supporting this club. Be the same sheep thats kept Ashley here so long

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #19171 on: Saturday 21 November 2020, 03:29:39 PM »

Absolute idiots.

The ‘left for the money’ patter is hilarious - erm, left from where exactly?!

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #19172 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 10:56:30 PM »
?s=21

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #19173 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 11:09:36 PM »

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #19174 on: Monday 23 November 2020, 02:19:26 PM »
I'd take Rafa in a heartbeat but I still have a hunch that Poch is waiting for the takeover to be completed.