Author Topic: Rafa Benítez  (Read 958790 times)

Offline sh74

• General Member
Re: Rafa Benítez
« Reply #18175 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 10:00:05 PM »
Just read an article, no wins since august and Rondon benched. Sounds like things aren’t going great. Sure he’ll get them back on track.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #18176 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 10:00:41 PM »
:( We Pardewed him.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #18177 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 12:04:18 AM »
It must be a strange league to manage in, I would bet that none of these big name managers and players going there are learning mandarin, and everything will be done through translators. If you’re a manager that’s all about the small details then how do you get everything across effectively? He’s obviously not comparable but I’ve seen Gary Neville talking about how everything took twice as long to explain because he knew f*** all Spanish.

Online Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #18178 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 12:24:55 AM »
Just read an article, no wins since august and Rondon benched. Sounds like things aren’t going great. Sure he’ll get them back on track.

Wrong they won 2 games ago on September 21st.

The Chinese League had a long month break of no matches between the end of September to the end of October.

They have 3 of the 4 bottom teams in his next/last few games so they should finish about 6th(They were 11th when he arrived)

Also Rondon was on the bench because he’d been traveling back from South America on international duty.

Also Carrasco their best player recently got injured most Chinese teams rely on their game deciding foreign players not being injured(8 of their 11 starters have to be Chinese)

Online Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #18179 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:15:28 AM »
I would bet that none of these big name managers and players going there are learning mandarin, and everything will be done through translators. If you’re a manager that’s all about the small details then how do you get everything across effectively?

Yeah for a coach/teacher like Rafa Benitez who is all about instructive coaching China isn’t best suited to his qualities.

I’d imagine with a lot of good European jobs now becoming available he probably wishes he’d waited like Mourinho is.

The video of Mourinho breaking down when talking about missing it is exactly what Rafa would be like if he waited though :laugh:

Rafa said he has over 10 years left you can tell he’s just obsessed with coaching.

Offline Disco

« Reply #18180 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:27:04 AM »
The worst advert good man ever had.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #18181 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 08:54:54 AM »
:lol:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #18182 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 03:37:44 PM »
I wonder if West Ham would go back in for Rafa ?
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #18183 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 10:46:01 PM »
Be daft not to.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #18184 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 01:08:59 AM »
Rafa needs to stay away from that club. They don’t deserve him. I also don’t want to miss him that much more.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #18185 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
Given how we’ve got 0 points from 9 when we’ve done it Bruce’s way, and 15 from 27 when we’ve reverted to the system Rafa left us, don’t think I’d be wrong to say we’d be at least 5th had Benitez stayed on with this squad.
?s=21

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #18186 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 06:59:18 AM »
By at least 5th I guess I mean 5th given the gap from there up to Man City.
?s=21

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #18187 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 12:41:51 PM »
Think I’ve said the same in another thread Nut, I totally agree with you.  We’d be in one hell of a position this season with Rafa in charge given the way the league has gone this season.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Online Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #18188 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 01:09:44 PM »
Given how we’ve got 0 points from 9 when we’ve done it Bruce’s way, and 15 from 27 when we’ve reverted to the system Rafa left us, don’t think I’d be wrong to say we’d be at least 5th had Benitez stayed on with this squad.

He built Bruce a team with a very solid foundation in 3-4-2-1 that’s for sure.

I wonder where we’d be if Bruce had to coach/play his own formation all season and didn’t have a formation he could use that the majority of the players had been so well coached in by a world class coach.

Says a lot that the players begged Bruce to go back to it.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #18189 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 01:24:19 PM »
Good point like.

I reckon for instance, had Bruce took over after Pardew/Carver and McClaren was taking over from Benitez, he’d have been in the s*** back then and McClaren would have possibly bundled us to 16th.
?s=21