Author Topic: (Other clubs') Transfers  (Read 555398 times)

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
  • Faster than a cannonball
Re: (Other clubs') Transfers
« Reply #8825 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 11:58:50 AM »
I care. :lol: I'd like the source if you can find it. I have The Athletic. Can find nothing at all except that we were interested.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #8827 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:33:01 PM »
That's what I mean. I know we didn't bid and those sources you've shared are absolute rubbish. :lol: I'm just interested in The Athletic claim as it's relatively reputable.

Offline Greg

« Reply #8828 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:38:01 PM »
That's what I mean. I know we didn't bid and those sources you've shared are absolute rubbish. :lol: I'm just interested in The Athletic claim as it's relatively reputable.

Are you on the Board or executive leadership of Man United?

Unless you are, then you don't know you didn't bid.

Just as nobody on here knows either.

And it really doesn't matter - there was clearly interest at the time - be it whipped up by agents or otherwise -and it didn't materialise.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #8829 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:41:34 PM »

Of course you know. Of course.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #8830 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:57:54 PM »

And it really doesn't matter - there was clearly interest at the time - be it whipped up by agents or otherwise -and it didn't materialise.

Never said there wasn't interest. I said there was no bid. There wasn't. I have my sources of course same as everyone else. Merely asked for a link to the source of The Athletic which was being used to assure me of a bid. As if your Mike Ashley owned club wouldn't snap our hand off for £30m+ for someone with a handful of good games. :lol:

I will remember to remind you all when the transfer rumours start in the summer that you all know f*** all about Newcastle transfers if you're not on the board. :lol: I'm sure we'll all continue to listen to Fabrizio Romano in the summer even though he's not mates with Ashley or Woodward. ;)

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #8831 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 01:59:01 PM »

Of course you know. Of course.

Woodward is my dad.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #8832 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 02:00:48 PM »

Never said there wasn't interest. I said there was no bid. There wasn't. I have my sources of course same as everyone else. Merely asked for a link to the source of The Athletic which was being used to assure me of a bid. As if your Mike Ashley owned club wouldn't snap our hand off for £30m+ for someone with a handful of good games. :lol:

I will remember to remind you all when the transfer rumours start in the summer that you all know f*** all about Newcastle transfers if you're not on the board. :lol: I'm sure we'll all continue to listen to Fabrizio Romano in the summer even though he's not mates with Ashley or Woodward. ;)

Nobody on here knows anything about Newcastle transfers so that's hardly a comeback.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #8833 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
You've been here long enough to know that they do. :lol:

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #8834 on: Monday 11 January 2021, 02:05:15 PM »
Romano and Luckhurst reporting talks ongoing and deal close with Bayer Leverkusen for Fosu-Mensah. Not good enough for Greg but good enough for me. He'll be gone.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #8835 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 09:16:31 AM »
Big Sam wants Clement Grenier. Sure we were linked with him in the Pardew-era

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #8836 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 05:51:43 PM »
Kaka is desperate for Theo Walcott to be good
He's good again

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #8837 on: Tuesday 12 January 2021, 05:54:50 PM »
I wasn't going to harp on about that myself, but really happy for Theo. He's been really good for Southampton since returning.

Always maintained he should have been used more than Bernard and Iwobi last season at Everton and got loads of stick for it.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #8838 on: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 11:53:15 PM »
Caicedo off to Brighton.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #8839 on: Today at 11:22:51 AM »
Ozil to Fenerbahce

Online xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #8840 on: Today at 12:00:24 PM »
Meyer released from Palace.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #8841 on: Today at 12:14:28 PM »
Meyer released from Palace.

Apparently was on £170k a week....

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #8842 on: Today at 12:34:19 PM »
Remember watching him for Schalke against Real Madrid and he was the best player in the pitch. Wonder what happened to him .

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #8843 on: Today at 12:38:03 PM »
Palace was a terrible move for him

Online Manxst

• General Member
« Reply #8844 on: Today at 01:52:17 PM »
Fell out with Schalke over bullying- they stopped him training for a season as a result I think? And hasn’t fitted into Hodgsons type of play or type of player at Palace. Still pretty young though. He’ll go back to Germany Id think, start afresh and be good again in a season or two.

Offline Elephant

• General Member
« Reply #8845 on: Today at 01:57:28 PM »
Probably going back to Schalke