Author Topic: (Other clubs') Transfers  (Read 496528 times)

NITON, Village Idiot, angrypirate71, jimmybob, Chike, Cheik The Room and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online ponsaelius

• General Member
Re: (Other clubs') Transfers
« Reply #8100 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:02:02 PM »
I hate the idea of buy back options, as it's another way for big clubs to control the smaller clubs. There's just loads more stockpiling of players, more loans than ever before and you can't even buy a prospect without already pencilling in his next transfer.

Agree tbf. Just another thing to encourage stockpiling youngsters at a younger age as you can't really lose out long term.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #8101 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:24:54 PM »
The buy back option is just a first option at buying the player right?
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #8102 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:36:30 PM »

For a set price
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #8103 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:37:57 PM »

For a set price

Is that always a stipulation? That is absolutely nuts.

I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #8104 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:41:46 PM »

For a set price

That's what a buy back clause is. An option to buy a player you sell back for a set price
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #8105 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:48:33 PM »

For a set price

That's what a buy back clause is. An option to buy a player you sell back for a set price

First option only clauses exist also right?

I think Man United have one for Depay for example.

Honestly, forgot there were set price buy back clauses, but I guess if the club buying the player are happy with it and agree on a price then ultimately you can't scrap them.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8106 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:53:22 PM »
yeah think Chelsea had one with Ake, those aren't so bad since it doesn't set a price or anything

Offline Cheesy Beans

• General Member
« Reply #8107 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 09:43:00 PM »
Presumably the player could still say no?

Unlikely I know, but if he was happy at Tottenham he could refuse to return to Real despite the clause?

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #8108 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:28:55 PM »
Looks like two Americans in the Barcelona first team

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #8109 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:33:22 PM »
Must be exciting times for USMNT fans. Look like they should be good over the next 5 years or so

Online Village Idiot

• General Member
  • "f*** this s***"
« Reply #8110 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:37:14 PM »
I'd love Dest. We'll see if it's true...
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8111 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:40:07 PM »
Must be exciting times for USMNT fans. Look like they should be good over the next 5 years or so

:memelol:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #8112 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:41:42 PM »
:lol: our entire program is run by Yank PFMs. Utter f***ing dinosaurs.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #8113 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:49:56 PM »
I'd love Dest. We'll see if it's true...

Reminds me of Alves in his style

Now this is type of signing they need to be making

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #8114 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 11:00:40 PM »
North America seem to be bringing through some talent, these days.

Canada: Alphonso Davies, Jonathan David.

U.S.A: Dest, McKennie, Pulisic, Adams

Online CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #8115 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 11:51:59 PM »
Those European military bases are useful for more than one reason.

Offline gazza ladra

• General Member
« Reply #8116 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 12:23:49 AM »
:lol: our entire program is run by Yank PFMs. Utter f***ing dinosaurs.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #8117 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:59:03 AM »

Mad money

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #8118 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:01:18 AM »
Amazed they've turned that down.

Online The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #8119 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:36:20 AM »
He's one of their best players and they might not have an adequate replacement lined up.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #8120 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 09:56:23 AM »
He's one of their best players and they might not have an adequate replacement lined up.

Think they'll get that much for him when they get relegated though?

Online The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #8121 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:05:08 AM »

Think they'll get that much for him when they get relegated though?

It's all relative. It seems a mad price, but Burnley are a side dependant on their defensive strength. If they deem him vital to PL survival and are under no pressure to sell they can demand what they see fit.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #8122 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:08:05 AM »
Apparently it's a fake bid to make it look like they are wanting to spend as he wouldn't want to join.

Online John P

• General Member
« Reply #8123 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:12:49 AM »
Liverpool apparently agreed a deal for Thiago. Bloody brilliant player.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #8124 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 10:16:09 AM »
Wijnaldum off then? Liverpool will need to offset the cost somehow so Klopp can still claim they're the only club not spending money in the top 6.