Author Topic: (Other clubs') Transfers  (Read 389551 times)

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • Want a hug?
Re: (Other clubs') Transfers
« Reply #6475 on: Tuesday 18 February 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
Essentially La Liga has a rule that allows you to sign a player to replace a player suffering a season-ending injury. It has been invoked many times, not just by big guns.

That said, I see little point in buying Braithwaite, just throw Fati in there and see if the kid sinks or swims. That's how Xavi made it to the first team ffs.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #6476 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 11:48:17 AM »
A come and get me plea to real from Sterling?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51584080

Online Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #6477 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 12:41:08 PM »
Essentially La Liga has a rule that allows you to sign a player to replace a player suffering a season-ending injury. It has been invoked many times, not just by big guns.

That said, I see little point in buying Braithwaite, just throw Fati in there and see if the kid sinks or swims. That's how Xavi made it to the first team ffs.

Should have just kep Abel Ruiz

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #6478 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 12:57:22 PM »
Are Leganes given an opportunity to replace?

No, and this is why I said it stinks.  Leganes are 2 points from safety, this could send them down.

Quote from: Leganes director
"We want to raise our voice. We are in a situation of enormous and serious damage. We cannot understand the current regulation that a club, having a long-term injury, can perform this operation unilaterally and transfer its problem to the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1244939/Barcelona-Martin-Braithwaite-Transfer-Leganes-News-Rumours-Gossip

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is.
« Reply #6479 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 07:33:38 PM »

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #6480 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 10:34:15 PM »
 :lol: :lol:

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #6481 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 10:36:27 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #6482 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 11:11:44 PM »
Have Barca literally got no youngsters they could promote?
« Last Edit: Saturday 22 February 2020, 12:22:40 AM by toon25 »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #6483 on: Friday 21 February 2020, 11:39:36 PM »
I think he’s quite a good player.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #6484 on: Sunday 23 February 2020, 04:33:00 PM »

No, and this is why I said it stinks.  Leganes are 2 points from safety, this could send them down.

"We want to raise our voice. We are in a situation of enormous and serious damage. We cannot understand the current regulation that a club, having a long-term injury, can perform this operation unilaterally and transfer its problem to the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1244939/Barcelona-Martin-Braithwaite-Transfer-Leganes-News-Rumours-Gossip

I think the rule is fine but they shouldn't be allowed to activate a clause and sign the player without agreement from the selling club.

They should render the clauses obsolete in the event that rule is enacted.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #6485 on: Tuesday 25 February 2020, 11:21:48 PM »
That's for the club and player to negotiate tbh. Reckon many will after this.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #6486 on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 03:52:17 AM »
General release clauses in Spain are mandatory by law though - hence the reason even the likes of Messi and Ronaldo had them, just set at laughably high amounts (although Barcelona learnt the hard way with Neymar that what might seem to be a "safe" figure to set it at presently can quickly change)

"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6487 on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 12:28:11 PM »

Yep it’s absolutely s**** tbh.
?s=21

Offline jonny1403

• General Member
« Reply #6488 on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 01:06:44 PM »
General release clauses in Spain are mandatory by law though - hence the reason even the likes of Messi and Ronaldo had them, just set at laughably high amounts (although Barcelona learnt the hard way with Neymar that what might seem to be a "safe" figure to set it at presently can quickly change)

This has happened a few times in Spain where a club has been caught out setting a release clause too low - I never understand why a Spanish club doesn't just adopt a policy of setting all of its release clauses at a minimum 200 million to avoid any risk.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #6489 on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 01:12:23 PM »
Because the player and agent wouldn't agree to that?

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #6490 on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 01:13:36 PM »
What a joke of a league :lol:

So the top team in the league that is currently in 1st place, can just go and take the top scorer of a team, which is in danger of being relegated, outside of the transfer window, because they have injuries? Without the lower club agreeing to it?! :lol:

Despite the fact Barcelona still have their top 2 goal scorers fit and healthy, and have one of the best academies of young players. So there is no one at all that could potentially come up to the first team as a fill in?

Can't even believe that is allowed. Incredibly tacky stuff.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 01:47:13 PM by KaKa »
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6491 on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 01:33:15 PM »
Aye I thought they must have had literally no one left, then see they started Messi & Griezmann last night, Fati on the bench.
?s=21

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #6492 on: Wednesday 26 February 2020, 01:35:26 PM »
I can't believe the rule allows anything more than emergency loans.

Someone might like the wages off their bill, or want to be mates with Barcelona for a future 'favour'. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #6493 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 10:02:07 AM »
Daniel Sturridge terminates his Trabzonspor contract

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #6494 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 10:05:22 AM »
Daniel Sturridge terminates his Trabzonspor contract

Wouldn't mind having him here.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6495 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 10:06:42 AM »
Should go to Leganes now he's out of contract.
?s=21

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #6496 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 10:28:44 AM »
Should go to Leganes now he's out of contract.

Can't.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #6497 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 11:15:22 AM »
Interested to see what Chelsea and Man Utd do with their goalkeeper situations this summer

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #6498 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 11:36:05 AM »
Who’s Spain’s number 1 for the Euro?
?s=21

Offline Anderson

• General Member
« Reply #6499 on: Monday 2 March 2020, 04:03:44 PM »
Sturridge banned until June for betting offences. Explains the earlier news.