Author Topic: (Other clubs') Transfers  (Read 330164 times)

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: Other clubs' transfers
« Reply #4550 on: Saturday 15 June 2019, 05:15:57 pm »

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4551 on: Saturday 15 June 2019, 06:03:18 pm »
Smalling?
?s=21

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4552 on: Saturday 15 June 2019, 06:04:51 pm »
Funny how one transfer just skews everything that’s went above regarding the money they’re spending this summer. That would pay for two of those players.
?s=21

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4553 on: Saturday 15 June 2019, 06:11:41 pm »
Hummels back to Dortmund for €30m

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #4554 on: Saturday 15 June 2019, 08:17:40 pm »
Funny how one transfer just skews everything that’s went above regarding the money they’re spending this summer. That would pay for two of those players.

Not really becuase they won’t get more than £30million for Diop and they spent £22milion to get him in the first place :lol:

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #4555 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 06:39:09 am »
I don’t know how that lot don’t end up going bust. They do f*** all throughout the season and seem to spunk loads of money every summer

only started last summer after the fans booted off no?

Getting a brand new stadium with an extra 25k seats for pretty much free probably helps as well
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4556 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 07:21:49 am »
I don’t know how that lot don’t end up going bust. They do f*** all throughout the season and seem to spunk loads of money every summer

Getting a brand new stadium with an extra 25k seats for pretty much free probably helps as well

aye i was taking issue with the "every summer" bit, prior to last summer they weren't spending loads iirc
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Manxst

« Reply #4557 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 07:30:29 am »

aye i was taking issue with the "every summer" bit, prior to last summer they weren't spending loads iirc

According to transfermarkt, the season before they bought Arnautovic for £20m+, and Chicarito for £16m (Although making an overall net profit). The summer before THAT, they spent £75m (Ayre for £21m+), and recouped 36m.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #4558 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 08:09:27 am »

According to transfermarkt, the season before they bought Arnautovic for £20m+, and Chicarito for £16m (Although making an overall net profit). The summer before THAT, they spent £75m (Ayre for £21m+), and recouped 36m.

Hardly a major splash in the modern game though is it? They have also posted a profit the last couple of years, so they are hardly mortgaging the farm.

For all the s*** the owners get (and they are odious people) - they run it well from a commercial sense.  No doubt not plastering it for free with their own companies advertising might help.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4559 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 08:16:46 am »

Hardly a major splash in the modern game though is it? They have also posted a profit the last couple of years, so they are hardly mortgaging the farm.

For all the s*** the owners get (and they are odious people) - they run it well from a commercial sense.  No doubt not plastering it for free with their own companies advertising might help.

think it was a few things combined wasn't it, such as having a s**** manager...selling ayew one year after signing him to fund arnautovic or whatever, fans booted off wanting a change of direction and got it
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Manxst

« Reply #4560 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 08:53:50 am »

think it was a few things combined wasn't it, such as having a s**** manager...selling ayew one year after signing him to fund arnautovic or whatever, fans booted off wanting a change of direction and got it

If only we had s**** managers, selling Merino a year later, fans protesting....I wish we had made anywhere near such minor splashes....they’ve broken our current transfer record a few times in the last few years. f***ing West Ham man. Sorry, getting annoyed, and it’s f***ing Ashley to blame yet again!

Offline Disco

« Reply #4561 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 09:08:19 pm »
L’Equipe suggesting PSG willing to sell Neymar.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #4562 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 09:10:14 pm »

Idiot should never have left Barca

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #4563 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 10:33:40 pm »

Their net spend is near £160million since June 2016 if Maxi Gomez accepts the contract offer.

Meanwhile ours is £4million net.

They finished 10th last season which is a bit of an underachievement considering we finished 10th first season up :lol:

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4564 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 10:43:29 pm »
Money means nothing if you have a goon spending it. I don’t think Pellegrini is a goon but he’s in that echelon below the best managers.

They should be aiming for 6th yet will probably hover around 8-10th all season. How can that not be looked as a failure?
Minge Tingles

Offline Thumbheed

• General Member
« Reply #4565 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 10:59:48 pm »
Money means nothing if you have a goon spending it. I don’t think Pellegrini is a goon but he’s in that echelon below the best managers.

They should be aiming for 6th yet will probably hover around 8-10th all season. How can that not be looked as a failure?

To be fair there's 3 or 4 teams spending at similar levels. When was the last time a West Ham manager had more than a season AND investment? I can't remember such a good spread of top quality players outside the big guns within any league.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4566 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 11:09:52 pm »
Who can afford him that would want him ?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #4567 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 11:14:57 pm »

Yeah can’t see them improving that much if he continues to neglect signing better defensive players this Summer :thup:

His sides are always terrible without the football his Malaga side conceded 68 goals not sure he’ll ever have West Ham defending properly.

Probably begged Kompany this summer to help him out.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4568 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 11:17:41 pm »

Hope he ends up in China

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #4569 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 11:27:32 pm »

Yeah can’t see them improving that much if he continues to neglect signing better defensive players this Summer :thup:

His sides are always terrible without the football his Malaga side conceded 68 goals not sure he’ll ever have West Ham defending properly.

Their defenders are alright, could do with a right back but fine other than that. They just play very openly. Feel like you'd prefer if every team just parked the bus in every game :lol:
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4570 on: Sunday 16 June 2019, 11:36:13 pm »
Real Madrid or Man Utd would buy him but Real have spent so much already are they going to spend even more on Neymar? Maybe some swap deal with Pogba or something but then again would Neymar want to go to a Europa League team even if it is Man Utd?

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #4571 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 12:57:17 am »

Their defenders are alright, could do with a right back but fine other than that. They just play very openly. Feel like you'd prefer if every team just parked the bus in every game :lol:

I think they need two 1st choice full backs and a Top 8 defensive partner for Diop then they would at least see individual defensive improvements next season.

You’re right though defensively they’ll never be great with his naive style of play the fact Fabianski had to make the most saves in the Premier League just shows that :lol:

I just prefer managers that play with balance that also show they can win big games in multiple different ways.

The likes of Mourinho, Rafa and now Jurgen Klopp are my personal favourites in that regard.

Jurgen Klopp has evolved most in recent years in that regard he decided to respect the need for balance which is what turned his side into Title contenders and European cup winners.

The improvement Jurgen Klopp has made to them defensively both collectively and individually has been the key for them :thup:

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #4572 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 01:11:22 am »
Liverpool and City will stand still in terms of squad. How much closer can the rest get this season?

Chelsea and Man Utd are set for bad seasons. Spurs could lose players. Arsenal still need time.

Who can realistically upset the top 4? It seems up for grabs this year more so than any recent season in memory.
Minge Tingles

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #4573 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 01:26:12 am »
Arsene Wenger is the one that disappointed me most refused to evolve once that George Graham back line went and never gave Arsenal that balance again.

Which is why I think Rafa Benitez would be the perfect man for Arsenal he’d give that Arsenal side the balance they need :thup:

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #4574 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 01:41:40 am »
Liverpool and City will stand still in terms of squad. How much closer can the rest get this season?

Chelsea and Man Utd are set for bad seasons. Spurs could lose players. Arsenal still need time.

Who can realistically upset the top 4? It seems up for grabs this year more so than any recent season in memory.

None of the clubs outside the Big 6 have the manager to break the Big 6 unfortunately.

Not a club with the money yet anyway :hmm: