Author Topic: (Other clubs') Transfers  (Read 303493 times)

geordiedean, Belfast Boy, BeloEmre, David Edgar and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
Re: Other clubs' transfers
« Reply #4125 on: Friday 5 April 2019, 12:07:52 am »
It's just interesting to me as Chinese money being invested outside of China is looked very badly upon these days. but i guess since its a public company and not state owned...
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #4126 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 09:04:06 am »
Leicester are one of five Premier League clubs showing an interest in Fulham strikerAleksandar Mitrovic, according to the Leicester Mercury.

With Shinji Okazaki set to leave at the end of his contract and Islam Slimani out of favour, Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers wants competition in attack for Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho.

Spurs, West Ham, Everton and Southampton are also reportedly on the trail of Mitrovic following Fulham's relegation to the Championship.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #4127 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 10:52:51 am »
Everton or West Ham would probably be the best move for him.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #4128 on: Saturday 6 April 2019, 01:25:55 pm »
Go there as first choice or Spurs/Chelsea as back up.
?s=21

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #4129 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 11:32:00 am »
?s=19

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #4130 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 11:36:14 am »
It's funny that people want to sign Pogba. He's good and all, but surely there are similar players without so much risk attached.

Online David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #4131 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 11:36:22 am »
Man Utd fans should be delighted with that news.  They wont.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #4132 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 11:41:56 am »
Sell Pogba for enough to buy NUFC, absorb us and appoint Rafa as manager.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4133 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:02:39 pm »

hopefully he throws a strop and demands to move, goes on strike etc.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4134 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:05:07 pm »

I would sell him and pay Herrera what he wants and then sign a CB and RB with the funds.

I would be expecting £120-150m for Pogba off Real Madrid.

Offline Andy84

• General Member
« Reply #4135 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:07:12 pm »
?s=19

f***ing yawn.  Gonna be boring as f*** this

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #4136 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:18:08 pm »
It's funny that people want to sign Pogba. He's good and all, but surely there are similar players without so much risk attached.
Agree, Zidane seems to like him though and I guess he'll make back what he cost in marketing, etc.
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4137 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:29:42 pm »
wonder if the man utd board might try and block that regardless of what OGS or whoever thinks just because of his marketability etc pretty sure that was the primary reason they signed him in the first place anyway since I doubt Mourinhio really wanted him

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #4138 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:36:26 pm »

I would sell him and pay Herrera what he wants and then sign a CB and RB with the funds.

I can't see how his value would've gone UP in the time he's been with your lot tbh.

If anything, there should be some acknowledgement that you overpaid.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #4139 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:40:49 pm »

I can't see how his value would've gone UP in the time he's been with your lot tbh.

If anything, there should be some acknowledgement that you overpaid.
well world cup winner would add some value and the fact even real madrid would have a hard time bullying man utd into selling below what they want

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4140 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:45:58 pm »
Regardless of what you think of him, Pogba won the world cup, is in the EPL team of the year and will end up with about 20 goals and 15 assists.

We in no way overpaid for Pogba and it would be £120m at the very least before a transfer was even considered.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #4141 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:47:00 pm »
Plus transfer fees have gone even more mental since he moved to Man Utd
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #4142 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:49:35 pm »
Regardless of what you think of him, Pogba won the world cup, is in the EPL team of the year and will end up with about 20 goals and 15 assists.

We in no way overpaid for Pogba and it would be £120m at the very least before a transfer was even considered.

The world cup win perhaps adds a bit of commercial value but transfer value? Na.

People have won world cups and then transferred for bugger all in future seasons so I don't think that adds a huge (if any) value imho.

I'd say he's been very poor overall value and would maintain that you overpaid for him.

Turning up when he wants would give any buyer a major risk factor to build into the deal/price too.

He's hardly Mr Consistent which is the minimum you should expect when your paying out that much money.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4143 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:53:45 pm »

The world cup win perhaps adds a bit of commercial value but transfer value? Na.

People have won world cups and then transferred for bugger all in future seasons so I don't think that adds a huge (if any) value imho.

I'd say he's been very poor overall value and would maintain that you overpaid for him.

Turning up when he wants would give any buyer a major risk factor to build into the deal/price too.

He's hardly Mr Consistent which is the minimum you should expect when your paying out that much money.

It adds a lot of transfer value whenever the player in question was one of the best if not the best player for the winning team.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #4144 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:56:13 pm »

We did get £30m for Sissoko after the Euros like. I don't really like Pogba that much as a player but I think he'd be very good for a team where's he's not necessarily the main man. He doesn't get on the ball enough to be a main man

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #4145 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 12:57:25 pm »

We did get £30m for Sissoko after the Euros like. I don't really like Pogba that much as a player but I think he'd be very good for a team where's he's not necessarily the main man. He doesn't get on the ball enough to be a main man

He's incredible when he has a player doing the hard work for him. It's no coincidence that since Herrera hasn't been in the team Pogba has went to s***. He needs a hard working CDM beside him.

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #4146 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 01:02:57 pm »

It adds a lot of transfer value whenever the player in question was one of the best if not the best player for the winning team.

Mbappe and Kante were both better than Pogba but, either way, in the immediate aftermath of a major tournamont I'd agree (see - Sissoko etc).

At this point, since the win, with form to judge him on, then it's a minor thing imho.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #4147 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 01:06:43 pm »
I don’t think Pogba was that good for France either like. He basically just showed he was capable of putting in a decent defensive shift over the short term of a tournament, not like he had many amazing attacking moments. Their win was built on their defending and then Griezmann and Mbappe

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #4148 on: Friday 26 April 2019, 01:36:55 pm »
I just don't see the point in taking him on at the sort of price you would need to pay. Spend it on someone who isn't surrounded by so much uncertainty, someone who is in the best form of their life.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...