Author Topic: Javier Manquillo signs 4 year extension  (Read 62049 times)

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
Re: Javier Manquillo signs 4 year extension
« Reply #1050 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 05:56:10 PM »
Happy with this. He’s a good player.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #1051 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 07:26:39 PM »
Was shocked at the 4 year deal. Was expecting a 2 year, 3 at most. He has earned it though. Definitely our most consistent performer at RB. Glad he is sticking around.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline robm

• General Member
« Reply #1052 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 07:29:25 PM »
4 years? It's obvious. Rafa wants him part of the project post-takeover then.  :snod:
Has there been any word on who is advising them on the football side?

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #1053 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 07:46:09 PM »
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #1054 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 08:03:44 PM »
4 years? It's obvious. Rafa wants him part of the project post-takeover then.  :snod:
Has there been any word on who is advising them on the football side?

Usually, Popeye The Sailor Man.

Online chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #1055 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 08:06:51 PM »
Consistent sort, no problem with him signing a new deal but I can't help thinking his agent has took advantage of our limbo with 4 years, done well for his client I suppose.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #1056 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:47:21 PM »
Think of it another way. As a backup fullback for 2-3yrs with the likelihood he won’t cause trouble in the camp when he’s in a supporting role but give it his all when called upon it’s possibly not the worst contract handed out if the wages (I’m guessing) are modest. Then sell him and recoup something that you’d of lost letting him go for free.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1057 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:55:04 PM »
He’s got a few years to improve too. He could peak at 28-29. Spending his early years at A.Madrid, Liverpool & Marseille, then spending a couple of years under Rafa must be coming to fruition now. Think he’s turned into a good mid-table Premier League right-back.
?s=21

Offline Hoogen

• General Member
« Reply #1058 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 09:55:57 PM »
I really used to dislike him, but he turned a corner last season and has continued along the same lines. Can't complain about this at all.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #1059 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 10:00:12 PM »
He’s got a few years to improve too. He could peak at 28-29. Spending his early years at A.Madrid, Liverpool & Marseille, then spending a couple of years under Rafa must be coming to fruition now. Think he’s turned into a good mid-table Premier League right-back.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #1060 on: Thursday 25 June 2020, 10:16:43 PM »
He's basically been good ever since he's been played in his proper position, rather than left back

This gets overlooked far too often for me. Yes, he was very ordinary on the left, for at least three or four months from memory?

He's been consistently good since playing on the right. Sure, he's made errors that led directly to goals, but he's more reliable than Yedlin and more... everything than Krafth
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19