Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 44948 times)

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Bam Bam.
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #950 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 09:56:52 PM »
Soon you will find out the man I'm supposed to be.

Online B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Sleestak 2020
« Reply #951 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 09:44:21 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #952 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 09:53:33 PM »
Just realised who Trump's talking about when he says he's done more for African Americans than any other president.

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Bam Bam.
« Reply #953 on: Monday 28 September 2020, 10:05:03 PM »
Soon you will find out the man I'm supposed to be.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #954 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 09:05:12 AM »
He’s no scientist, engineer or technologist, he’s just a wealthy man. He’s to those fields what Mike Ashley is to football ownership. Take away Musk’s wealth and he’s just a stoner like any other bum out on the streets. He doesn’t make the magic happen driving Tesla, he’s just an ideas man and we all have ideas. Its the real boffins behind the scenes that give his ideas some legitimacy otherwise he’d be as un legit as the next man. He’s an idiot those who work for him wished would just f*** off, keep away from things and live a rich man’s lifestyle sticking to getting off his nut on drugs behind closed doors leaving the real stuff to those who know what they are doing, want to do, and can do which he can only ever talk about and dream of. And that’s all he’s good for.

Nail on the head.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #955 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 09:06:46 AM »
Elon Musk is the boy.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #956 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 09:12:53 AM »
He’s no scientist, engineer or technologist, he’s just a wealthy man. He’s to those fields what Mike Ashley is to football ownership. Take away Musk’s wealth and he’s just a stoner like any other bum out on the streets. He doesn’t make the magic happen driving Tesla, he’s just an ideas man and we all have ideas. Its the real boffins behind the scenes that give his ideas some legitimacy otherwise he’d be as un legit as the next man. He’s an idiot those who work for him wished would just f*** off, keep away from things and live a rich man’s lifestyle sticking to getting off his nut on drugs behind closed doors leaving the real stuff to those who know what they are doing, want to do, and can do which he can only ever talk about and dream of. And that’s all he’s good for.

Nail on the head.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #957 on: Tuesday 29 September 2020, 01:20:29 PM »

Nail on the head.

Wozniak was the brains, the inventor and the innovator. Then Johnny Ives' focussed industrial design gave them their golden period.
All Jobs did was rant.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #958 on: Thursday 8 October 2020, 03:47:21 AM »
Starlink benefits beginning to be felt

The Starlink satellite internet network that SpaceX is developing has been used in the field by Washington state emergency responders in recent weeks, the first early application of the company's service to be disclosed.

Washington's state military, which includes its emergency response division, began employing Starlink user terminals in early August to bring internet service to areas devastated by wildfires. User terminals are the small devices on the ground that connect to the satellites. The emergency division has seven Starlink user terminals, which it is deploying with early success.

"I have never set up any tactical satellite equipment that has been as quick to set up, and anywhere near as reliable" as Starlink, Richard Hall, the emergency telecommunications leader of the Washington State Military Department's IT division, told CNBC in an interview Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/washington-emergency-responders-use-spacex-starlink-satellite-internet.html

They've got 700 sateliites up now and are widening their public beta.  Once they get regulatory approval in other countries this could be a real game changer for poor, remote and underdeveloped communities.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline elbee909

« Reply #959 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 09:04:37 AM »
Elon Musk is the boy.

He's an attention-seeking prick, but that's kids for you

Offline Smal

• General Member
  • Leeds/York
« Reply #960 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 10:45:44 AM »
This guy has quadrupled his wealth to $103bn this year - during a global disaster. At what point do we start marching on his home to string him up?

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #961 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:08:39 PM »
This guy has quadrupled his wealth to $103bn this year - during a global disaster. At what point do we start marching on his home to string him up?
Soon I'd imagine he's got a bloody long driveway.
Bearings Straight!

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #962 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:13:16 PM »

By making re-usuable rockets in his drive to make us an interplanetary species, saving the environment by instigating a revolution in electric transport and seeking to bring high speed internet to everyone on the planet.

What a c***.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #963 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:16:13 PM »
By making low paid workers go back to his factory - illegally - in the middle of a pandemic.  Yeah, a c***.

Offline gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #964 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:23:48 PM »
To be honest Loki, I used to like the guy a lot from the perspective of the ideology behind his ventures. I read the waitbutwhy.com articles on him and thought he was a pretty amazing person. However, he’s clearly an absolute dickhead and a major narcissist. I respect the direction of his work, but his workplace practices are clearly awful and I don’t think anyone can defend the way he acts on social media which is probably a good representation of what he’s like to people in general

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #965 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:27:25 PM »
To be honest Loki, I used to like the guy a lot from the perspective of the ideology behind his ventures. I read the waitbutwhy.com articles on him and thought he was a pretty amazing person. However, he’s clearly an absolute dickhead and a major narcissist. I respect the direction of his work, but his workplace practices are clearly awful and I don’t think anyone can defend the way he acts on social media which is probably a good representation of what he’s like to people in general

He's backed by the most powerful men in the world. He's building spaceships so that they can escape this shithole when they've exploited it's last resource.

He's doing f*** all for you and me.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #966 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:29:53 PM »
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #967 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
By making low paid workers go back to his factory - illegally - in the middle of a pandemic.  Yeah, a c***.

Tesla Fremont salaries fall in the middle of the typical pay for those roles.  You neglect to mention that the state was opening up and manufacturing facilities were allowed to begin production again.  Tesla put the required state safeguards in place and were then told by the county that they were not allowed to open despite other car manufacturers in the state being allowed to operate.  They eventually came to an agreement with the county.

Anyway, on the 'bellend' - 'holy s***, he actually did that' scorecard that's about 1-7 to the away team.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #968 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:33:45 PM »

:thup:

As long as you're not in an area currently unserved by fast internet.  Or would like us to colonise another planet.  Or like to breathe air and live.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #969 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:36:58 PM »

As long as you're not in an area currently unserved by fast internet.  Or would like us to colonise another planet.  Or like to breathe air and live.

I get it man, but let's not pretend this is all altruistic behaviour, which you seem to be doing. There can be a middle ground, you know. He's creating his own legacy and expanding his money and power base, money and power which will be kept in his family for the decades to come. Which, given the world right now, is more than his fair right to do. I'd much rather he did stuff like this, than hoard it like the majority of other billionaires. There are bigger problems in that class than Elon f***ing Musk, much bigger.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #970 on: Monday 12 October 2020, 12:44:09 PM »

I get it man, but let's not pretend this is all altruistic behaviour, which you seem to be doing. There can be a middle ground, you know. He's creating his own legacy and expanding his money and power base, money and power which will be kept in his family for the decades to come. Which, given the world right now, is more than his fair right to do. I'd much rather he did stuff like this, than hoard it like the majority of other billionaires. There are bigger problems in that class than Elon f***ing Musk, much bigger.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • arf
« Reply #971 on: Wednesday 21 October 2020, 10:37:46 PM »
Elon "I've slimed grimes" Musk just keeps on winning. Suck it haters aka probable nonces.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #972 on: Wednesday 21 October 2020, 10:44:57 PM »
They were desperately CLAWING for money and of q3 like, all sorts of money begging emails were received. He obviously wanted to make a statement.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #973 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 06:39:27 AM »
The banks have almost doubled the estimated value of SpaceX from $52bn to $101bn  :yikes:

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #974 on: Sunday 25 October 2020, 02:33:53 PM »
Elon "I've slimed grimes" Musk just keeps on winning. Suck it haters aka probable nonces.

He's some boi.