Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 34853 times)

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #825 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 04:53:08 AM »
Tesla stock up 20% for a second day in a row, now sitting at $940 with a company valuation of $170 billion :yikes:
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #826 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 02:33:34 PM »
I didn't think the Tesla Cybertruck looked pedestrian friendly.

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/tesla-cybertruck-not-legal-europe/

The Tesla Cybertruck will require “strong modifications to the basic structure” to be legal for sale in Europe, according to a German TUV safety certification expert.

While the Cybertruck has orders into the hundreds of thousands from prospective buyers across the world, when exactly it will be sold outside America – if indeed it can be – remains unclear.

Because the Cybertruck is classed as a light duty truck in the USA, it gets exemptions from many safety regulations, including for pedestrian safety. That’s not the case in Europe, however.

“The front of the vehicle must not be stiff,” explains Stefan Teller, expert at SGS-TUV Saar GmbH.

“The bumper and bonnet must be able to absorb energy to protect the pedestrians,” meaning those “strong modifications to the basic structure,” would be necessary. Teller follows that for type approval, the Cybertruck would need to be compliant with 50 to 60 different regulations.

Looking back to the reveal of the Cybertruck, much was made of how stiff and strong its rolled stainless steel structure and panels were. Great for sledgehammers, but potentially deadly for the occupants and unwitting pedestrians…

Regulations require that new cars deform in very specific ways, depending on the nature of an accident. For the occupants, the car needs to basically disintegrate in order to dissipate energy. For pedestrians, a car needs to be able to cushion the blow in the event of an impact.

With the Cybertruck, “nothing is deformed in the event of an impact; instead, enormous forces act on the occupants. Airbags then no longer help”.

On this basis, “It will not be possible to sell it in this country as a mass-production vehicle on the basis of a type approval,” Teller says. “It is still a big task for Mr. Musk.”
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #827 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 02:35:35 PM »
Don't think it was aimed at the european market tbf.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #828 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
Given by how litigious the USA is I'm amazed the "US allows exemptions from many safety regulations for light trucks".

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • Not you. Me.
« Reply #829 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 02:45:47 PM »
Those exemptions exist because of said litigious nature.

Offline loki679

• General Member
  • 中国
« Reply #830 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 02:49:24 PM »
Putting a big engine on a spike is good even for them though.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #831 on: Wednesday 5 February 2020, 09:55:15 PM »
Given by how litigious the USA is I'm amazed the "US allows exemptions from many safety regulations for light trucks".

Gubmint regulation is an assault on are freedoms.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #832 on: Thursday 6 February 2020, 06:34:42 AM »
Tesla stock up 20% for a second day in a row, now sitting at $940 with a company valuation of $170 billion :yikes:

Dropped 17% yesterday.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #833 on: Wednesday 18 March 2020, 09:21:03 PM »
"My frank opinion remains that the harm from the coronavirus panic far exceeds that of the virus itself"

?s=20

US Tesla factory suspends production
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51943962

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #834 on: Wednesday 18 March 2020, 09:36:27 PM »
He seems a bit of a f***ing knob tbh.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #835 on: Wednesday 18 March 2020, 09:42:55 PM »
He seems a bit of a f***ing knob tbh.

He's a weirdo.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #836 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 03:34:53 PM »

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #837 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:37:34 PM »

Oh, end of April. So just, like, over a month away. Totally overblown.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #838 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:40:17 PM »
Best thing he could do is re-tool Tesla facilities to produce ventilators. Or throw his money at the problem and keep his mouth shut. The audacity of him to offer his opinion about this crisis like he's any kind of authority on public health or epidemiology.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #839 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:43:21 PM »
Best thing he could do is re-tool Tesla facilities to produce ventilators. Or throw his money at the problem and keep his mouth shut. The audacity of him to offer his opinion about this crisis like he's any kind of authority on public health or epidemiology.

He's acted like a complete c*** from the off. He's got the resources to actually help, and he's braying about it being a meme/joke
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #840 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:47:26 PM »

He's acted like a complete c*** from the off. He's got the resources to actually help, and he's braying about it being a meme/joke

He's offered to make them. 

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #841 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:48:22 PM »
I'm surprised Elon hasn't called anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion a "Pedo".

Online QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Carmel, California
« Reply #842 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:49:02 PM »
Death toll increased in Italy 3 fold in just one week. He can go f*** himself with this s*** (and Dr. Drew and Dr. Oz while he's at it). We don't need this dickhead's opinion.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #843 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:52:28 PM »

Only after a massive climbdown and this:

?s=20

and today:

?s=20

?s=20

he's been a prick since it started

stilll spreading mis info on stuff he's not informed on

?s=20
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #844 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:57:44 PM »

Only after a massive climbdown and this:

?s=20

and today:

?s=20

?s=20

he's been a prick since it started

stilll spreading mis info on stuff he's not informed on

?s=20

Then don't f***ing read his tweets etc.  It's pretty easy.  I agree he should shut up.

Honestly man.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #845 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:58:37 PM »
I'm not, they were posted in here ffs. Chill out.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #846 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:59:07 PM »

:lol:

You're the one who's posting the tweets.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #847 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:59:11 PM »
sorry for insulting daddy Elon. My bad.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #848 on: Friday 20 March 2020, 05:59:46 PM »

:lol:

You're the one who's posting the tweets.

Who posted the first one? And I don't follow him or read his TL, but I checked them after it was posted in here.