Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 28207 times)

Offline OCK

• General Member
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:03:59 am »
I keep looking at his name thinking it some clever Harry Potter anagram to reveal something evil.

Online TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:06:28 am »
I'd rather people stop giving him a free pass cause he does something cool.  Doesn't matter what you do, you shouldn't get away with exploiting your workforce.  And I think every single one of you know this but have decided in this case it doesn't matter.   Mental. :lol:

:thup: If this quote was from one of Fat Mikes factories I'm sure the reaction (everywhere, not necessarily just people on here) would be different.

“I’ve seen people pass out, hit the floor like a pancake and smash their face open,” said Jonathan Galescu, a production technician at Tesla. “They just send us to work around him while he’s still lying on the floor.”

He was one of several workers who said they had seen co-workers collapse or be taken away in ambulances. “We had an associate on my line, he just kept working, kept working, kept working, next thing you know – he just fell on the ground,” said Mikey Catura, a worker on the battery pack line.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:10:21 am »
I'd rather people stop giving him a free pass cause he does something cool.  Doesn't matter what you do, you shouldn't get away with exploiting your workforce.  And I think every single one of you know this but have decided in this case it doesn't matter.   Mental. :lol:

:thup: If this quote was from one of Fat Mikes factories I'm sure the reaction (everywhere, not necessarily just people on here) would be different.

“I’ve seen people pass out, hit the floor like a pancake and smash their face open,” said Jonathan Galescu, a production technician at Tesla. “They just send us to work around him while he’s still lying on the floor.”

He was one of several workers who said they had seen co-workers collapse or be taken away in ambulances. “We had an associate on my line, he just kept working, kept working, kept working, next thing you know – he just fell on the ground,” said Mikey Catura, a worker on the battery pack line.

:thup:

But, didn't you know, he only expects them to work as hard as he does?

:facepalm:

For the record, he does good stuff, but let's not glorify a man that does this.  He could easily change it, could easily pay a better wage and have better conditions.  Don't kid yourselves. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:11:43 am »
Nah, that's just an assumption tbh. Of course he shouldn't exploit his workforce, but that doesn't detract from his work just as much as his work doesn't excuse him.

It's a societal problem imo, no one's going to specifically single him out and go to town on him with protests etc it when it's everywhere and you can pick from a sea of other arseholes doing the same thing, with causes that deliberately kills the population and/or the planet for profit, as opposed to one who's attempting to save it for profit. It's just about picking your battles imo, it doesn't mean that it doesn't matter and shouldn't change.

I am impressed with his green credentials (although I am yet to delve into them properly). I feel he is a 'good' guy.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:15:58 am »
Nah, he does some insanely good things.  I agree.

Wish he'd shut up about simulations though.  Gets gimp all giddy. :knuppel2:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:17:05 am »
He has promised the globe infinite energy so we can all work on developing the lazy gene.

Of course he get's a free pass.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:20:52 am »
I'd imagine if you really want to save the planet cars of any kind shouldn't be in the equation. Lot of jobs could be done from home offices with the internet as it is - no need for millions of people to be driving cars (one of the biggest energy sinks on the planet).

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:26:11 am »
I'd imagine if you really want to save the planet cars of any kind shouldn't be in the equation. Lot of jobs could be done from home offices with the internet as it is - no need for millions of people to be driving cars (one of the biggest energy sinks on the planet).

There will still be cars, people still need to get A to B for leisure activities etc.  I think in 20 years time the ownership idea of cars will be massively gone and we'll just call an Uber to whisk us to where we want to go without a driver.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:31:32 am »

There will still be cars, people still need to get A to B for leisure activities etc.  I think in 20 years time the ownership idea of cars will be massively gone and we'll just call an Uber to whisk us to where we want to go without a driver.

Yeah shared ownership of a pool of cars is surely much more energy saving. I know nobody has done the sums but mass automobile ownership has really depleted our resources on this planet.

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:34:50 am »
He has promised the globe infinite energy so we can all work on developing the lazy gene.

Of course he gets a free pass.

Misapostrophisation. FYP. :hmm:
:) As you were.

Offline Toondave

• General Member
  • There's a little bit of Toondave in all of us
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:35:44 am »

Offline Toondave

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 11:37:55 am »

Yeah shared ownership of a pool of cars is surely much more energy saving. I know nobody has done the sums but mass automobile ownership has really depleted our resources on this planet.

Pooled autonomous vehicles, or at least everyone on the same network, will not only reduce resource usage but increase productivity in city areas. Imagine no congestion.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 12:02:12 pm »
So who here will be the first to give up their car?

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 12:08:41 pm »

Pooled autonomous vehicles, or at least everyone on the same network, will not only reduce resource usage but increase productivity in city areas. Imagine no congestion.

Just need the infrastructure for it put in place, we are close to it now.  Autonomous vehicles really should be the norm on new cars by at least 2022.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 24 June 2017, 12:46:03 pm »

The constellation of LEO satellites he's planning to provide global Internet coverage should help with that :thup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_satellite_constellation
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Monday 26 June 2017, 01:27:36 am »
Another successful landing for SpaceX :thup:

Under nearly perfect skies in Florida, SpaceX successfully launched the BulgariaSat-1 on its way to geostationary transfer orbit Friday afternoon. The "flight proven" booster made its second flight, and provides further indication that reusable rocketry isn't going to be an aerospace fad. It is, rather, likely the future.

The company also demonstrated its increasing proficiency with regard to booster landings. Although Elon Musk didn't provide technical details, he said the reentry force and heating faced by this booster would be greater than that of any previous flight. Despite this technically challenging, three-engine landing, the rocket made it back to a droneship in the Atlantic Ocean.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/06/spacex-goes-for-a-launch-doubleheader-this-weekend/
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 1 July 2017, 02:15:15 pm »
Model 3 might be late.

''He is not only forecasting the vehicle being late to market by over a year, but he is also predicting volumes to be significantly lower than what Tesla is forecasting. CEO Elon Musk has been talking about as many as 400,000 Model 3 sedans being produced in 2018 – compared to Jonas’ 60,000 in 2019.''

https://electrek.co/2016/11/23/tesla-model-3-late-adam-jonas-morgan-stanley/

Offline Toondave

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 1 July 2017, 02:16:23 pm »
Everything they ever release will be late. He sets targets that are obviously too high to make people work harder, he admits this himself. I'd have thought once admitting it you take away the magic but he's a wiser man than I

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Monday 3 July 2017, 04:50:54 pm »

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Monday 3 July 2017, 07:37:53 pm »
Model 3 might be late.

Two days later:

Shares in electric car maker Tesla have risen after founder Elon Musk said its new Model 3 car would be ready by Friday, two weeks ahead of schedule.

Solid work as always, Parky. :thup:
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Monday 3 July 2017, 07:42:42 pm »
Model 3 might be late.

Two days later:

Shares in electric car maker Tesla have risen after founder Elon Musk said its new Model 3 car would be ready by Friday, two weeks ahead of schedule.

[emoji38]

I'm still waiting for his end of money prediction.

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Monday 3 July 2017, 11:22:08 pm »
Model 3 might be late.

Two days later:

It's what Morgan Stanley said.

Anyway Cubricow here:

Tesla says deliveries hit by 'severe' battery production shortfall

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-says-q2-deliveries-fall-short-due-to-severe-battery-production-shortfall-2017-07-03

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Monday 3 July 2017, 11:23:00 pm »
Model 3 might be late.

Two days later:

[emoji38]

I'm still waiting for your mum. ;)

« Reply #73 on: Monday 3 July 2017, 11:25:12 pm »

I'm still waiting for your mum. ;)

:lol: Poor Neesy getting hammered today.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline louistoon

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Friday 7 July 2017, 11:56:22 pm »
Model 3 might be late.

''He is not only forecasting the vehicle being late to market by over a year, but he is also predicting volumes to be significantly lower than what Tesla is forecasting. CEO Elon Musk has been talking about as many as 400,000 Model 3 sedans being produced in 2018 – compared to Jonas’ 60,000 in 2019.''

https://electrek.co/2016/11/23/tesla-model-3-late-adam-jonas-morgan-stanley/

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/03/elon-musk-tesla-model-3-mass-market-electric-car-production-line-two-weeks-early

:hmm: