Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0  (Read 469828 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0
« Reply #18700 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:42:28 pm »
I'm struggling with this.  Are we seeing a surge in knife crime because of chicken boxes or something?  :lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #18701 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:43:56 pm »
I'm struggling with this.  Are we seeing a surge in knife crime because of chicken boxes or something?  :lol:

Maybe. Dunno. Not important. Whatever the political reason has been undermined by Neesy tagging Mike in a chicken related tweet.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #18702 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:44:21 pm »

It's associating knife crime with black people and their association with eating chicken.....  Would that story be put on a box in waitrose for example?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #18703 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:45:36 pm »
Never even registered that part of it. :lol:

I see it's just putting stories on chicken boxes though, they originally had no connection to knife crime.  Unless Mike is the reason we have knife crime.  Smoked far too early tonight. :bong:

EDIT:  Neesy beat my realisation process. :huff:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #18704 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:46:10 pm »

It's associating knife crime with black people and their association with eating chicken.....  Would that story be put on a box in waitrose for example?

You could have just put that underneath the tweet :lol:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #18705 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:47:28 pm »
I thought people would get the connection.  :okay:

« Reply #18706 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 06:51:01 pm »
:lol: It's better this way, Neesy. We all know we just have to wait for the explanation.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #18707 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
Gan on Priti lass, get 'em telt. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #18708 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:05:54 pm »

:lol: I thought maybe we were celebrating 2007 day here at NO. Just dust off the Mike can't swim LOL gags, and all that.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #18709 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:09:07 pm »
:lol: It's better this way, Neesy. We all know we just have to wait for the explanation.

I'm sure neesy wasn't trying to be offensive with his literal wild stab in the dark
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

« Reply #18710 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:04:41 pm »

I'm sure neesy wasn't trying to be offensive with his literal wild stab in the dark

Never in doubt.

Offline gbandit

• General Member
« Reply #18711 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 08:32:21 pm »
?s=19

@Mike
Hope they at least bung a fork in there

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #18712 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 10:11:38 pm »
Sarah Wollaston's joined the Lib Dems.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #18713 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 10:13:19 pm »

That Philip Lee is expected too n all I was reading earlier.

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #18714 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 10:18:23 pm »

That'd wipe out Johnson's working majority wouldn't it?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #18715 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 10:20:49 pm »

That'd wipe out Johnson's working majority wouldn't it?

Aye, probably why he hasn’t yet. Still be surprised, nearly always party first over anything.

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #18716 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 07:14:04 am »
Don't need a working majority when you refuse to bring forward any legislation :lol:
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #18717 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 08:41:26 am »
Don't need a working majority when you refuse to bring forward any legislation :lol:

Government without government, kind of Bruce Lee style.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #18718 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 11:24:05 am »

I got it, Nees lad.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #18719 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:32:30 pm »
So I've heard talk of BJ calling an election for the start of November, meaning parliament isn't sitting and can't stop no deal happening. Is there any way he can be stopped from doing it? Is there a vote in parliament for an election or can the PM just call it when they like?

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #18720 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:53:43 pm »
So I've heard talk of BJ calling an election for the start of November, meaning parliament isn't sitting and can't stop no deal happening. Is there any way he can be stopped from doing it? Is there a vote in parliament for an election or can the PM just call it when they like?

This is basically the question everyone is grappling with. No idea is the answer.

FWIW I’m not convinced Boris really wants that, he would go down as possibly the most destructive PM in history.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #18721 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 12:54:01 pm »

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #18722 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 01:47:52 pm »

Every year without fail.

One of the biggest rackets in the UK man. f***ing disgusting.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #18723 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 02:07:07 pm »

Every year without fail.

One of the biggest rackets in the UK man. f***ing disgusting.

I'm amazed to find Spain is more expensive for train fares than the UK.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #18724 on: Thursday 15 August 2019, 03:20:08 pm »
Really? Just tried to book a train to Inverness, not picky, tried this weekend or three or four weeks away. Tried Friday then Thurs, coming back Sunday or Monday, and whatever I picked was still over 200 squid standard class. Almost cheaper to fly stopping off in Amsterdam.

f*** that. Rotters.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.