Author Topic: UK Politics: The Johnson Months  (Read 512829 times)

Offline hakka

• General Member
Re: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0
« Reply #17825 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 09:46:11 AM »
The best thing Corbyn could do would be to sack all the people around him, they are clearly not helping at all.

Labour need all MPs pulling in the same direction. If they have serious issues with things, deal with it behind closed doors. The recent Tom Watson stuff is literally sabotaging the party publicly from within, it looks terrible to voters and pretty transparent to what he's at. He isn't being genuine, he's using the situation as a weapon and it's pathetic.

I know Tom personally , and I don't buy that.  Hes genuinely appalled at what has happened.  He wants to get to the bottom of it and get rid of it. Surely we all want that.

The public letter stuff with Jennie Formby shows otherwise - totally embarrassing and only self serving to him. We all want it dealt with, but the way Tom is going about it is more damaging than it's helping. What we should be seeing is a united Labour doing more to tackle any racism, and bringing in all parties to help eradicate it from society. Instead it looks like infighting in public and nothing to actually help the situation.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #17826 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 09:55:43 AM »
Probably right - something has to change, Labour need to be more decisive. I'd rather Corbyn stood down instead - just feel now is the right time. Let Kier Starmer take the lead.

would be very interesting to see what would happen if corbs bailed tbh, the membership would not change and the policies remain very popular
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #17827 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 10:46:01 AM »
Probably right - something has to change, Labour need to be more decisive. I'd rather Corbyn stood down instead - just feel now is the right time. Let Kier Starmer take the lead.

would be very interesting to see what would happen if corbs bailed tbh, the membership would not change and the policies remain very popular

I think it will catch a lot of Corbyn's detractors off-guard and give Labour a chance to do well. I'd hope the party would maintain the centre-left ground and keep the popular elements of the 2017 manifesto. Kier is a good operator, I think he will make Boris look a mug at every PMQ's and do well with the whole Brexit debate.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #17828 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 11:12:23 AM »
The best thing Corbyn could do would be to sack all the people around him, they are clearly not helping at all.

Labour need all MPs pulling in the same direction. If they have serious issues with things, deal with it behind closed doors. The recent Tom Watson stuff is literally sabotaging the party publicly from within, it looks terrible to voters and pretty transparent to what he's at. He isn't being genuine, he's using the situation as a weapon and it's pathetic.

I know Tom personally , and I don't buy that.  Hes genuinely appalled at what has happened.  He wants to get to the bottom of it and get rid of it. Surely we all want that.

The public letter stuff with Jennie Formby shows otherwise - totally embarrassing and only self serving to him. We all want it dealt with, but the way Tom is going about it is more damaging than it's helping. What we should be seeing is a united Labour doing more to tackle any racism, and bringing in all parties to help eradicate it from society. Instead it looks like infighting in public and nothing to actually help the situation.

I agree, the public manner in which he did what he did stuck in the throat, but if her fingerprints are on this, and the Panorama docand Gnasher Jew's tweet timeline too  , irrespective of it's motives, then clearly she does need investigating. And I say that knowing she's fighting breast cancer.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #17829 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 01:52:13 PM »
Go on then. What has Corbyn ever done for the working class?

I will ignore your petty arrogant comment.

He’s one of the few mps who do anything significant for the working class man :lol:

Or do you think because he thinks the Israeli treatment of Palestinians is disgraceful therefore automatically hating all Jews means he does nothing else?
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #17830 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 02:03:48 PM »
Osborne getting ripped to shreds.

Is this actually being investigated yet?

?s=21
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
« Reply #17831 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 02:11:26 PM »
This Oakeshott leak stinks to high heaven. Barely a mention in the press.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #17832 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 02:39:20 PM »

Seriously?

You can pretty much guarantee it’s come through Johnson’s Brexit backers

Offline Incognito

• General Member
« Reply #17833 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 02:55:11 PM »

Seriously?

Given she's shagging the second in command to Nige, I don't think you're too wide of the mark. Given she sat on the Russian links to Arron Wanks too, something isn't right and hope she gets finally what's coming to her, i.e a nice cell in Holloway.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #17834 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 03:41:07 PM »

Seriously?

Given she's shagging the second in command to Nige, I don't think you're too wide of the mark. Given she sat on the Russian links to Arron Wanks too, something isn't right and hope she gets finally what's coming to her, i.e a nice cell in Holloway.

Are the police actually doing something about it?

Offline Groo

• General Member
« Reply #17835 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 04:07:51 PM »
Corbyn isn't the only problem, him standing down won't fix Labour.

The issue is when they changed the method of selecting the leader, the average man in the street who would normally vote Labour, who makes up the majority of Labour voters, doesn't have the drive to join a party.

Most of those who join the party and vote are driven in their desire of politics and are usually hard one way or other.

So if Corbyn stands down, the activists and unions will push through another hard left candidate, backed up by the casual right wing member, who joined only with the intention of seeing an another unelectable candidate pushed to the front.

Labour's dead.

A great pity as the Tories would lose to an electable opposition.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #17836 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 04:12:25 PM »

The issue is when they changed the method of selecting the leader, the average man in the street who would normally vote Labour, who makes up the majority of Labour voters, doesn't have the drive to join a party.

Most of those who join the party and vote are driven in their desire of politics and are usually hard one way or other.

So if Corbyn stands down, the activists and unions will push through another hard left candidate, backed up by the casual right wing member, who joined only with the intention of seeing an another unelectable candidate pushed to the front.

Labour's dead.

‘Hard left’ :lol:

Offline Incognito

• General Member
« Reply #17837 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 04:27:56 PM »

Labour's dead.

Sorry but this is 100% grade a weapons s****. The PLP select the candidates

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #17838 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 04:47:40 PM »
You mean the members of the part select the leader, just like in every other party? If you want a say on the leader you need to join the party its pretty simple stuff. Of course the unions will support the nominee that aligns with their interests. I guess a tiny % of the population selecting the tory leader isn't a problem though?

firetotheworks

« Reply #17839 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 04:50:31 PM »
Hard left ffs. :lol: You realise that most people in here know the basics aye?

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #17840 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 05:14:03 PM »
Is it not the perception that voters who don't really research what they're really voting for see. Hard left, right wing, centrist they're labels most voters wouldn't really understand anyways.

They just know that hard left, Marxists, right wing etc are traits so called to be worried about depending on how you usually vote, most voters tend to see things with blinkered eyes.

firetotheworks

« Reply #17841 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 05:34:56 PM »
ie are completely uninformed and just repeat what they've heard other uninformed people say. Yes, completely agree.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #17842 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 05:47:07 PM »
ie are completely uninformed and just repeat what they've heard other uninformed people say. Yes, completely agree.

Yeah basically, you hear it in every most conversations you overhear about politics.

Offline Groo

• General Member
« Reply #17843 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 07:11:54 PM »

Keep telling yourself that.

If anyone has a differing opinion to you, they are just uninformed eh. Of course.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #17844 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 07:33:27 PM »

If anyone has a differing opinion to you, they are just uninformed eh. Of course.

you're throwing around terms like hard left, what ACTUAL POLICIES since 2015 would you class as hard left then?

Sleep now in the fire

Offline 11Tino11

« Reply #17845 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 08:00:05 PM »
So TIL that apparently the Durham Miners Gala is just one big Klan meeting and anyone who showed up there is a massive anti-Semite, pass it on.
« Last Edit: Sunday 14 July 2019, 08:10:33 PM by 11Tino11 »

firetotheworks

« Reply #17846 on: Sunday 14 July 2019, 08:34:29 PM »

Nah, it's because that thing you said about 'another hard left candidate' in Labour is factually wrong and now you're trying a variation on the whole babyish 'it's an opinion! You just say anyone who disagrees with you is uninformed!' routine because I know, you know, and everyone reading knows that Labour, Corbyn, and their policies aren't in any way hard left.

Offline Groo

• General Member
« Reply #17847 on: Monday 15 July 2019, 12:23:47 AM »

you're throwing around terms like hard left, what ACTUAL POLICIES since 2015 would you class as hard left then?

How about these quotes regarding Corbyn's policies

"The document, widely regarded as Labour’s most leftwing programme for government since Michael Foot’s 1983 manifesto, contains promises to abolish university tuition fees, boost infrastructure investment, renationalise the railways and increase the minimum wage to £10 an hour."

"Paul Johnson, director of thinktank the Institute for Fiscal Studies, described the agenda as the most radical in decades. “This is about the state getting deeply involved in much more of the private sector than it has been, certainly since the 1970s, and perhaps since the 1940s, with respect to, say, telling banks which branches they can’t close; setting minimum wages for a quarter of private sector workers and about 60% of young people, and dramatically increasing labour regulation. All of those things are utterly different from anything we’ve experienced in many, many decades.”"

"Jeremy Corbyn will take Britain back to the 1970s by nationalising industries, forcing wage caps on businesses and giving huge power to the unions if he gets into power, a leaked copy of Labour's draft manifesto reveals."

Are you seriously trying to say Corbyn is not left wing. Oh silly me for thinking that then.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #17848 on: Monday 15 July 2019, 07:16:00 AM »

How about these quotes regarding Corbyn's policies

"The document, widely regarded as Labour’s most leftwing programme for government since Michael Foot’s 1983 manifesto, contains promises to abolish university tuition fees, boost infrastructure investment, renationalise the railways and increase the minimum wage to £10 an hour."

"Paul Johnson, director of thinktank the Institute for Fiscal Studies, described the agenda as the most radical in decades. “This is about the state getting deeply involved in much more of the private sector than it has been, certainly since the 1970s, and perhaps since the 1940s, with respect to, say, telling banks which branches they can’t close; setting minimum wages for a quarter of private sector workers and about 60% of young people, and dramatically increasing labour regulation. All of those things are utterly different from anything we’ve experienced in many, many decades.”"

"Jeremy Corbyn will take Britain back to the 1970s by nationalising industries, forcing wage caps on businesses and giving huge power to the unions if he gets into power, a leaked copy of Labour's draft manifesto reveals."

Are you seriously trying to say Corbyn is not left wing. Oh silly me for thinking that then.

no, we're saying the policies are not "hard left" as you stated, there's a difference

industries are state owned in many countries, just because we've had 40 years of rampant capitalism and sold everything off doesn't mean the state intervening in things that could make poor people's lives better is "hard left"...god forbid we have some infrastructure investment or a minimum wage people can live on :lol:

loving the banks chelp in that quote, things went very well for the banks when they were left to their own devices i guess

Sleep now in the fire

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #17849 on: Monday 15 July 2019, 07:41:12 AM »
Would anyone agree that he’s surrounded himself with hard left people?