Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0  (Read 338011 times)

YankeeToon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline POOT

• General Member
  • Don't do yersel. It's a dig.
Re: UK Politics: General Election Day 2017
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:12:51 pm »
Was pissing down when I voted and there was a canny stream of voters...and water...but mainly voters.
Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

Offline Toondave

• General Member
  • There's a little bit of Toondave in all of us
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:12:57 pm »
i hate Pip the poster, i'm sure he's alright in real life (i'm not) but every post he makes about politics is aids

Bit harsh. His posts always seem well-thought-out and reasoned, you don't have to agree you know  :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:13:22 pm »
Weather is f***ing atrocious like.  Not sure what it's like elsewhere but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't affect the vote turnout. :undecided:

Hasn't rained in London yet today fwiw, been grey all day though.

Genuinely a relief, proper vulgar up here.

Everywhere else bad, or Scottish bad?

Hmm, good question.  I've seen worse last week, but it's bad enough.  I'm just panicking man, my reputation is riding on this great victory I'm so certain of. :kasper: :whistle:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline JB

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:14:20 pm »

Had some utter fuckwit customer in work the other day stand a bleat on for about 10 minutes about how Tommy Robinson and 'the ones on youtube' were revealing the truth about muslim immigrants and how Enoch Powell was right. There really is no hope.

Spoiler
[close]
I'm proper wet now. Want stifler to hockle on is.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:15:14 pm »
I can't take this anymore its nearly as bad as derby day.

Think you've got 2/3 with this one Bluf.

I apologise in advance man.  If you think you're going to feel sick at a crushing defeat, spare a thought.  I'm going to struggle to ever come out of my drug-induced stupor as it'll just too sore. :lol:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:15:57 pm »
Right, I'm off to vote.  This rain is never going off so f*** it.  Weed to get too. :rolleyes:

Offline JB

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:16:33 pm »
Weather is f***ing atrocious like.  Not sure what it's like elsewhere but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't affect the vote turnout. :undecided:

Hasn't rained in London yet today fwiw, been grey all day though.

Genuinely a relief, proper vulgar up here.

Everywhere else bad, or Scottish bad?

Hmm, good question.  I've seen worse last week, but it's bad enough.  I'm just panicking man, my reputation is riding on this great victory I'm so certain of. :kasper: :whistle:

I'm holding you responsible for me actually having some hope for this. :knuppel2:
I'm proper wet now. Want stifler to hockle on is.

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:17:16 pm »
Labour odds shortening ever so slightly as the day progresses - still well odds against but maybe stories about high turnout are starting to filter through....

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/most-seats

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:17:34 pm »
I'm just panicking man, my reputation is riding on this great victory I'm so certain of. :kasper: :whistle:

It is like - my lass was a bit upset last night at the idea of the Tories winning, but I told her not to worry as Bluf seems 100% certain.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:18:07 pm »
I'm just panicking man, my reputation is riding on this great victory I'm so certain of. :kasper: :whistle:

It is like - my lass was a bit upset last night at the idea of the Tories winning, but I told her not to worry as Bluf seems 100% certain.

:lol: :aww:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:18:53 pm »
i hate Pip the poster, i'm sure he's alright in real life (i'm not) but every post he makes about politics is aids

Bit harsh. His posts always seem well-thought-out and reasoned, you don't have to agree you know  :lol:

i know, i know, this just isn't the day for me to be seeing a right-leaning economist or whatever he is drawing very strange (to me) conclusions about the uk political system

apologies pip, no baseball bat
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:19:45 pm »
Labour odds shortening ever so slightly as the day progresses - still well odds against but maybe stories about high turnout are starting to filter through....

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/most-seats
https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/prime-minister-after-general-election

that's the interesting one, ~5/1 is pretty short tbh.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:21:07 pm »

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/prime-minister-after-general-election

It's on.  :frantic: 

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • Merry Crooksmas
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:21:31 pm »
Right, I'm off to vote.  This rain is never going off so f*** it.  Wheat to get too. :rolleyes:

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:22:20 pm »
The lovely Caroline ahead of nice but dim Tim. :aww:

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:24:01 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/politics/election-poll-latest-tory-win-results-corbyn-theresa-may-a7777781.html

Urgh.  Wouldn't enjoy that.

Can't really decide what to expect, can't see a Labour majority or hung Parliament with Lib Dems or SNP going into coalition.  If Labout have made gains I can't see Corbyn leaving even after a loss.

If May ends up with less seats than when she needlessly called an election it's going to make her look massively f***ing stupid, could be the first person to win and election and then resign.  You never know, might be that the results start coming in and we find we've underestimated the youth turnout when drawing up the predictions, but I'm afraid even with May hiding and ballsing everything up, tabloids saying Corbyn is a loony terrorist is enough to spook the older vote into coming out in Droves for her.

Isn't it written by Joe Watts the raving Blairite? Could be wrong...

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:34:34 pm »
I went in at lunch time to vote, I was the only one there. It was the same at the local elections last month and that was a low turnout. In all honesty my seat doesn't need that many people to turn out as it should be an easy Labour win, but if the pattern is repeated across the country then there could easily be trouble.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:35:16 pm »
I can't take this anymore its nearly as bad as derby day.

Think you've got 2/3 with this one Bluf.

I apologise in advance man.  If you think you're going to feel sick at a crushing defeat, spare a thought.  I'm going to struggle to ever come out of my drug-induced stupor as it'll just too sore. :lol:

At least you lot can go and drown your sorrows, I'll be watching this s*** from 7am onwards, good job I 'work from home'. Might be an early finish tomorrow
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:37:44 pm »

It's on.  :frantic:
Betting odds will naturally go down on election day as more people will bet on the day.

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:38:29 pm »
Not sure if already posted, but this is a really good read:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/06/britain-flawed-democracy/

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:43:51 pm »
I went in at lunch time to vote, I was the only one there.

You sure it was a polling station?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:45:23 pm »
Soaked, but voted.  Considered giving SNP my vote in the last seconds, but... NAH.  It'll only be used as an independence endorsement.

« Reply #72 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:45:43 pm »
Soaked, but voted.  Considered giving SNP my vote in the last seconds, but... NAH. 

You mad?!
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:47:20 pm »
There is a fair point to be made that a split in the anti-Tory vote will let them in the backdoor. 

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:48:05 pm »
Soaked, but voted.  Considered giving SNP my vote in the last seconds, but... NAH.  It'll only be used as an independence endorsement.

Went with the Tories then?   :laugh: