Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0  (Read 334161 times)

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
Re: UK Politics: General Election Day 2017
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:01:18 pm »
Following on from the last thread...

I'm also in Penning territory Skeletor. Angry old white man's dream.

BUT AT LEAST HE BUYS A ROUND NOW AND AGAIN FOR THE PUNTERS UP HEMEL FOOTBALL CLUB.

I've had to work with him at the council before. I say work with, more like he turned up and asked when the camera crew were getting there.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:01:47 pm »
I voted like 2 weeks ago now :smugdog:

I don't think I've ever voted for the winning team.

Me neither, I'm 2-0 down on actual voting and 4-0 down including Clinton then Trump. Tbf, it's because my idea of equality is wrong, and the well off should be allowed to continue not paying taxes while poor people die at their expense.

When my side got into some power, Lib Dems, they formed a coalition with the Tories and committed political suicide. Maybe I subconsciously don't want to win.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:02:20 pm »
i hate Pip the poster, i'm sure he's alright in real life (i'm not) but every post he makes about politics is aids

:lol:

I appreciate what he's got to say even if I vehemently disagree.  It's good to know what the economist of the centre right think.  If only so you can think of ways to counter these arguments.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:02:27 pm »
Weather is f***ing atrocious like.  Not sure what it's like elsewhere but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't affect the vote turnout. :undecided:

Tory grannies won't leave the house. :D

the old, selfish and/or hate-filled will surely be the most motivated?

won't let a bit of rain stop me from sticking two fingers up to johnny foreigner and their perfectly reasonable stance on the uk exiting the eu, no siree
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:02:31 pm »
Do students care about the rain? If they don't vote because of getting wet then frankly they should be f***ed regardless.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:03:05 pm »
i hate Pip the poster, i'm sure he's alright in real life (i'm not) but every post he makes about politics is aids

I appreciate what he's got to say even if I vehemently disagree.  It's good to know what the economist of the centre right think.  If only so you can think of ways to counter these arguments.

with a baseball bat
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:03:19 pm »
Weather is f***ing atrocious like.  Not sure what it's like elsewhere but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't affect the vote turnout. :undecided:

I've had to drop the kid off at nursery.  I have to go through the city centre to do so.  All I can see are clear streets and f***ers hiding in shop doorways and train stations.  Just feel like half of them will f*** it off. :(
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:04:12 pm »

with a baseball bat

Whatever pleases you. :aww:

Offline Elliottman

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:04:19 pm »

I've had to drop the kid off at nursery.  I have to go through the city centre to do so.  All I can see are clear streets and f***ers hiding in shop doorways and train stations.  Just feel like half of them will f*** it off. :(

The day is young ...
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:04:43 pm »

Hope you remembered the dinner money?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:05:22 pm »

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:06:27 pm »

Hasn't rained in London yet today fwiw, been grey all day though.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:06:27 pm »
Not sure why Brexit is the only issue people are concerned with. Whoever wins this has 5 years in power, Brexit is expected to take 2 years (will take longer for the effects to hit), leaving whoever wins with 3 years free to do whatever the f*** they want.

May wants room to do a softer Brexit, IMO. If they have a big majority then they don't need to entertain the crazies in the party.

What are Corbyn's views on free trade deals? This is important because if you leave the EU, you're going to need to trade with other countries. You can't turn your back on the world. This is why I would vote Conservative.
is this a joke?
May has made her entire election campaign and her entire time as PM as wanting the exact opposite, in fact she even called for the snap GE under the guise of getting the exact opposite.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:06:28 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/politics/election-poll-latest-tory-win-results-corbyn-theresa-may-a7777781.html

Urgh.  Wouldn't enjoy that.

Can't really decide what to expect, can't see a Labour majority or hung Parliament with Lib Dems or SNP going into coalition.  If Labout have made gains I can't see Corbyn leaving even after a loss.

If May ends up with less seats than when she needlessly called an election it's going to make her look massively f***ing stupid, could be the first person to win and election and then resign.  You never know, might be that the results start coming in and we find we've underestimated the youth turnout when drawing up the predictions, but I'm afraid even with May hiding and ballsing everything up, tabloids saying Corbyn is a loony terrorist is enough to spook the older vote into coming out in Droves for her.

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:07:04 pm »

'Hi, welcome to the neighbourhood. What do you do for a living?'
'I'm a terrorist'
'Oooh that must be very exciting.'
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:07:39 pm »
That was the one part of Corbyn's manifesto I disagreed with, his terrorist in every 3rd home policy.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:08:06 pm »

Hope you remembered the dinner money?

All taken care of at the end of each month. :aww:

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:08:54 pm »
I'm surprised Tommy Robinson's still around and about after he got debated into a coma by Akala.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:09:09 pm »

Genuinely a relief, proper vulgar up here.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:09:40 pm »
I'm surprised Tommy Robinson's still around and about after he got debated into a coma by Akala.

Working with Alex Jones and his english lackey now, is he not?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:10:01 pm »

Terrible in the NE, but got a bit better the last hour.  Won't make a difference here.  Labour will win heavily again, probably even bigger share than 2015.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:10:04 pm »

Everywhere else bad, or Scottish bad?
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:10:17 pm »

On Rebel Media now.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:12:21 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/politics/election-poll-latest-tory-win-results-corbyn-theresa-may-a7777781.html

Urgh.  Wouldn't enjoy that.

Can't really decide what to expect, can't see a Labour majority or hung Parliament with Lib Dems or SNP going into coalition.  If Labout have made gains I can't see Corbyn leaving even after a loss.

If May ends up with less seats than when she needlessly called an election it's going to make her look massively f***ing stupid, could be the first person to win and election and then resign.  You never know, might be that the results start coming in and we find we've underestimated the youth turnout when drawing up the predictions, but I'm afraid even with May hiding and ballsing everything up, tabloids saying Corbyn is a loony terrorist is enough to spook the older vote into coming out in Droves for her.

As much as I agree Corbyn should step aside, (although I'm open to him staying for a transitional period) surely there should be an effort on the PLP's behalf to reconcile with the left of the party.  You get the impression though that they can't wait for this to get dirty again.   Which will only marginalise them with the membership we have now. 

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:12:39 pm »
I can't take this anymore its nearly as bad as derby day.

Think you've got 2/3 with this one Bluf.
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.