Author Topic: UK Politics: The Johnson Months  (Read 536309 times)

The Prophet and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
Re: UK Politics: The Johnson Months
« Reply #20600 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 05:54:59 PM »
[emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #20601 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 05:56:58 PM »
Make sure you've got your CLAIT certificates in there. One of the rare occasions that 'and' forms part of an acronym.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #20602 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 06:15:05 PM »
Are we going to need to have ID for this election?  I'm f***ed if so. :lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #20603 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 06:17:10 PM »
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #20604 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 06:17:56 PM »
 :mick:

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #20605 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 06:19:19 PM »
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #20607 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 07:30:00 PM »
I use mine to keep all sort of stuff in. Play-by-mail fantasy football winner’s certificate, where I won the league with Wimbledon after signing Jurgen Klinsmann.

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #20608 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 08:46:11 PM »
Mine has all my certs in and my participation certificate in a football tournament in 1985 with ...............wait for it .................................the one and only ...................................

Lee Clark
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #20609 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 08:53:38 PM »
More I'm looking into this election the more I'm fearing for labour.  Seems as if the country is f***ing brain dead with the comments I see about Corbyn etc.

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #20610 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 09:02:44 PM »
I convinced 6 engineering apprentices to vote Labour today
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #20611 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 09:17:50 PM »
Skinned up on my Record of Achievement all through uni.  Anyway

#

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #20612 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 09:46:38 PM »
More I'm looking into this election the more I'm fearing for labour.  Seems as if the country is f***ing brain dead with the comments I see about Corbyn etc.

Aye. :thup:

Had a brief moment of insanity the other morning, thinking they could do it, but nah.  We all hate each other in Britain, rationale debate is all gone.  There's plenty of reason to not vote Labour, especially not liking Corbyn and all that, but this reality we've created where he's the major threat due to being a raging racist is f***ing mental.  Oh and, he's SO racist, Boris Johnson is the better choice. :anguish:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #20613 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 09:49:18 PM »
Skinned up on my Record of Achievement all through uni.  Anyway

#

:lol: So good.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #20614 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 09:59:36 PM »
Britain's debt downgraded again. 

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #20615 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 10:14:46 PM »

Aye. :thup:

Had a brief moment of insanity the other morning, thinking they could do it, but nah.  We all hate each other in Britain, rationale debate is all gone.  There's plenty of reason to not vote Labour, especially not liking Corbyn and all that, but this reality we've created where he's the major threat due to being a raging racist is f***ing mental.  Oh and, he's SO racist, Boris Johnson is the better choice. :anguish:

think it's swings and roundabouts on social media, i'll look one day and want to end myself at the s*** i see but the next day i'll look and it's flooded with common sense and some balance

i don't think they'll win it tbh*, i'm just hoping that farage does enough to stop the tories pissing it

*mind you we haven't had the press/media embargo thing yet right?  that's gonna be massive for labour and corbyn should realistically crucify johnson in debates you would think
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #20616 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:19:37 PM »
Next smear campaign is now against labour MP Dan Carden who reportedly sang "Hey Jews" to Hey Jude.  But the bus was full of other people and journalists and was 20 months ago.....

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #20618 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:39:09 PM »
Also this is the local conservative running in my area. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/politics-student-24-set-marry-12602145

Seemingly a gold digger, trying to get in to reality television by the looks of it. Seems to have a touch of Narcissism about her.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #20619 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:45:35 PM »
Also this is the local conservative running in my area. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/politics-student-24-set-marry-12602145

Seemingly a gold digger, trying to get in to reality television by the looks of it. Seems to have a touch of Narcissism about her.

"Just eight years older than her granddad"

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #20620 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:47:57 PM »

This is my view too, also so many people I speak to come out with f***ing irrelevant s*** picked up from the lying right-wing press. So many stupid people about in general these days.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #20621 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:03:28 PM »

Makes her grandad 51, sums don't really add up unless they start really young in that family.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #20622 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

This is my view too, also so many people I speak to come out with f***ing irrelevant s*** picked up from the lying right-wing press. So many stupid people about in general these days.

Just have to remember that the media deliberately amplify these voices.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #20623 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:06:30 PM »

Makes her grandad 51, sums don't really add up unless they start really young in that family.

I was alarmed by the "just". As if being only 8 years older than her granddad qualified it as okay. If he'd been 1o years older than her granddad, I would have frowned.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #20624 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:10:32 PM »
Austerity was a starter that has made voters salivate for the main course.