Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0  (Read 412752 times)

Si, MattS, Klaus (+ 1 Hidden) and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0
« Reply #16250 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:08:46 pm »

Ignore the tweet and flag nonsense, couldn't give a s***, but state of that bus.  It's the sort of thing that works for the likes of UKIP/Brexit Party but it'll be just another nail in the coffin for CUKTIG.  Turning out rather beautifully for the ego-driven fuckcunts. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #16251 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 01:19:06 pm »

Ignore the tweet and flag nonsense, couldn't give a s***, but state of that bus.  It's the sort of thing that works for the likes of UKIP/Brexit Party but it'll be just another nail in the coffin for CUKTIG.  Turning out rather beautifully for the ego-driven fuckcunts. 
Its not upside down is it ? Looks sideways to me.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #16252 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 03:25:02 pm »
I'm just genuinely appalled at how bad they are at this. :lol:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Cf

• General Member
« Reply #16253 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 03:30:49 pm »
Is that

"For a People's Vote For Remain"

or

"For a People's Vote" and
"For Remain"

?

Why is the a lower case?

There's blocks being shitted out of the back logo.

So bad.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #16254 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 08:33:39 pm »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #16255 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 09:43:09 pm »
There are posters near me advertising how great it is.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #16256 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 09:54:34 pm »
Is that

"For a People's Vote For Remain"

or

"For a People's Vote" and
"For Remain"

?

Why is the a lower case?

There's blocks being shitted out of the back logo.

So bad.

For, A People's Vote For Remain? They want a referendum with only the one option. how refreshing, apolitical party with integrity.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #16257 on: Tuesday 14 May 2019, 11:13:48 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/14/universal-credit-department-work-pensions-pr

Pretty shameless stuff but won’t surprise anyone.

It's already underway - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/man-thinks-universal-credit-great-2862272

LeicestershireLive was invited by Secretary of Work and Pensions Amber Rudd MP to the Job Centre to meet the staff and first-hand the day-to-day delivery of the policy.

Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

« Reply #16258 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 10:59:15 pm »
Literally want to strangle Liz Truss with this appearance on Newsnight, like. So this is the Tory gain back Brexit voters ploy, then? This bitch? This tripe? "Labour are against business". f*** off you massive f***ing cretin.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #16259 on: Wednesday 15 May 2019, 11:37:35 pm »

Communists! Venezuela! Marxist b******s are stealing the money of harder working and superior private sector probatory services.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #16260 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 03:56:25 am »
You know the Chomsky quote about privatisation, defund something so it doesnt work, people get angry and want something done , do something by privatising. Grayling is the exact opposite, throw money at it, make the private sector look so bad that people get angry, renationalise.

Grayling is the anti-chomsky.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #16261 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 07:59:26 am »
 :lol:

He is a walking refutation of everything he believes like.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #16262 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:26:19 pm »

:anguish:

Might have to go off the grid if this happens.

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #16263 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:33:33 pm »
Clearly had a change of heart since he ran away from the job in 2016.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #16264 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 02:41:15 pm »
Haven't a lot of Tories said they'll never accept him already?

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #16265 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 03:54:34 pm »
The membership love him, the MPs largely despise him. He'd have a chance under the Labour model, but the Tory members only get balloted when they are down to two members (at least that's what I recall from May's unopposed appointment, it may have changed)

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #16266 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 03:56:19 pm »
He'd be their best bet to win a GE majority by a long shot IMO.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #16267 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 03:59:08 pm »
In their pursuit of true democracy, the Tories are going to have a leadership contest that involves 150,000 Tory party members choosing the UK Prime Minister.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #16268 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 04:22:41 pm »

Didn't he come out as the worst option in some YouGov polling, between him, Javid and a few others?  It could even have been he was the best of the bunch, but I'm sure it was still seen as nowhere near good enough and actually worse than May having another bash. :lol:

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #16269 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 04:27:17 pm »

Didn't he come out as the worst option in some YouGov polling, between him, Javid and a few others?  It could even have been he was the best of the bunch, but I'm sure it was still seen as nowhere near good enough and actually worse than May having another bash. :lol:

Possibly and probably. He's easily the most divisive but with a bit of PR and what have you behind you in a GE that can all change. Easily the most populist of them all which will help.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/03/29/who-should-tories-choose-win-them-next-election

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #16270 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 04:37:12 pm »
Aye, can't argue with that.  He also seems to have the Bannon support network too.  Would be a horrible contest with him, but if the Brexit Party was still kicking come a GE, then it could be that that puts Labour through. 

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #16271 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:32:26 pm »
In their pursuit of true democracy, the Tories are going to have a leadership contest that involves 150,000 Tory party members choosing the UK Prime Minister.

£25 to join the Tories.  Worth it to keep him and Rees-c*** out?

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #16272 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:33:40 pm »

If you look at current polling, the only way the Tories are going to get anywhere in a GE is if they go full Brexit.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #16273 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:39:05 pm »
Current polling gives Remain a 10 point lead though? They were basically full Brexit in 2017 and fell short.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #16274 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:39:26 pm »

If you look at current polling, the only way the Tories are going to get anywhere in a GE is if they go full Brexit.

I wouldn't put it past them. Then after 5 years more of their destructive policies, they'll win the next election by promising to take us back.