Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0  (Read 363394 times)

Klaus, TheHoob (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
Re: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0
« Reply #13850 on: Friday 14 December 2018, 02:42:09 pm »
I don't know why dickheads think that sort of thing is OK, just because it's on Twitter. Absolutely ridiculous.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #13851 on: Friday 14 December 2018, 05:05:22 pm »
About a week behind. O0
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #13852 on: Friday 14 December 2018, 05:17:27 pm »

He knows, he's just given up hope for a bit so he's going to take us all down a peg or two. :thup:

Hope? What's the point of 'hope'? Hope is nothing but torture. Embrace the harshness of your reality and you instantly take yourself to a new equilibrium based on lower expectations of life, of other people and of yourself. And in so doing, you'll also finally come to terms with what it really means to be a Newcastle United fan.

I don't know what to say to this.  Yes, it's absolutely hopeless right now, but I'm not going to pretend that a Labour government, whether it's led by Corbyn, Blair, Brown or even Peter Mandelson, is in any way as worse as what we have now.  I'm in a community right now that has seen an alarming rise in burglaries and street thefts, with an increase again in street gangs.  It's basically turning into the mid-90s again, with c***s getting stabbed for nowt, and petty theft for nowt.  I'm talking about Glasgow, not London.  You're watching over your back as you walk by these groups, and whilst police funding has caused this most bluntly, it's also because we're being left behind, again.  With anything a local council might have offered ten years ago, being a long and distant pleasurable memory. 

Any Labour government is better than this, and I will not be told otherwise. 

My life has been 180'd in the last 8-10 years, we can't get out of debt, and every single year there is less and less money to go around.  So to f*** with the all as bad as each other stuff, to absolute f*** with it.  I don't care about Corbyn, or how s*** he is, but I know Labour would do more for people in my position, nor would there be underhand tactics to demonise people in similar positions.  And the f***ing homeless.  That's the most glaring example of why we need change, and ASAP. 
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #13853 on: Friday 14 December 2018, 06:28:32 pm »
It’s way too flippant the way people write Corbyn off like that. We get what we deserve sometimes. One politician who actually cares about social justice and people scoff at him because he’s not slick enough. Got to focus on the real issues FFS.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #13854 on: Friday 14 December 2018, 07:05:10 pm »
In fact, it's in the Brexit thread.  I dissed it. :blush:

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #13855 on: Friday 14 December 2018, 08:19:57 pm »
Is Andy Serkis' skit new or am I way behind?

Love Andy Serkis, me :smugdog:

Welcome to last Monday. Do try to keep up.
Whether it's God or the bomb
It's just the same
It's only fear under another name
And the corporate snakes coming in to feed
On that pathetic fact known as human greed
Skin and bone being raked over those hot coals
This dump never seems to give time for human soul

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #13856 on: Saturday 15 December 2018, 03:15:11 pm »

That's pretty much your motto anyway.

It's just the same

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #13858 on: Saturday 15 December 2018, 06:03:12 pm »
They've got to get over this sort of stuff. 

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #13860 on: Saturday 15 December 2018, 06:19:13 pm »
:thup:

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #13861 on: Saturday 15 December 2018, 07:25:29 pm »
“allegations emerged that he sent his children to private school”

:lol:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #13862 on: Saturday 15 December 2018, 07:34:27 pm »
Yeah, same as private healthcare really. I don't think it should exist, but it's pretty hard to ask people not to use them since they know they provide such a big advantage.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #13864 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 02:45:33 pm »

He knows, he's just given up hope for a bit so he's going to take us all down a peg or two. :thup:

Hope? What's the point of 'hope'? Hope is nothing but torture. Embrace the harshness of your reality and you instantly take yourself to a new equilibrium based on lower expectations of life, of other people and of yourself. And in so doing, you'll also finally come to terms with what it really means to be a Newcastle United fan.

I don't know what to say to this.  Yes, it's absolutely hopeless right now, but I'm not going to pretend that a Labour government, whether it's led by Corbyn, Blair, Brown or even Peter Mandelson, is in any way as worse as what we have now.  I'm in a community right now that has seen an alarming rise in burglaries and street thefts, with an increase again in street gangs.  It's basically turning into the mid-90s again, with c***s getting stabbed for nowt, and petty theft for nowt.  I'm talking about Glasgow, not London.  You're watching over your back as you walk by these groups, and whilst police funding has caused this most bluntly, it's also because we're being left behind, again.  With anything a local council might have offered ten years ago, being a long and distant pleasurable memory. 

My life has been 180'd in the last 8-10 years, we can't get out of debt, and every single year there is less and less money to go around.  So to f*** with the all as bad as each other stuff, to absolute f*** with it.  I don't care about Corbyn, or how s*** he is, but I know Labour would do more for people in my position, nor would there be underhand tactics to demonise people in similar positions.  And the f***ing homeless.  That's the most glaring example of why we need change, and ASAP.

:clap:

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #13865 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 02:58:17 pm »

:thup: Good post, as is your post to chopey in the Brexit thread.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #13866 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 03:08:26 pm »
Yeah, Bluf annihilated him. Good work, B.
:) As you were.

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #13867 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 03:20:51 pm »
Superb stuff Bluf
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #13868 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 05:36:15 pm »

If there was a referee Bluf's post would've been stopped after the first paragraph

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #13869 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 06:26:50 pm »

Superb stuff Bluf

If there was a referee Bluf's post would've been stopped after the first paragraph

Woah. Genuinely not at all sure why you all feel so much hatred and contempt towards me is warranted, when all I was doing was expressing my deep-seated depression about the state of the world/politics right now. And two of you I've met and sat and drank with and thought were friends. Disappointing, to say the very least.
It's just the same

Offline newsted

• General Member
« Reply #13870 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 06:31:33 pm »
Wait, what? Nobody mentioned you, man.

Offline newsted

• General Member
« Reply #13871 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 07:00:38 pm »
Ah, right, I see what happened now. Crossed threads. I was on about the "Brexit" one and it's overspilled. Let's reset, GM, no problem with you, at all, chopey was being an arse is what happened. :rose:

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #13872 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 07:53:21 pm »
You all piled on, one after another - what else was I supposed to think?

And it's not like kingkerouac or Kid Icarus have ever taken a positive shine to anything I've got to say on this forum.

Anyway, I've dried my eyes now.
It's just the same

Offline Incognito

• General Member
  • Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #13873 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 08:38:21 pm »

And it's not like kingkerouac or Kid Icarus have ever taken a positive shine to anything I've got to say on this forum.

Yeah I was commenting on the two of Blufs posts mate. Incidentally despite being impatient on Corbyn's performance re Brexit, he's actually played it superbly thus far. No doubt having Keir heading up the Party's policy is helping.   
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Offline GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • General Member
« Reply #13874 on: Sunday 16 December 2018, 08:48:28 pm »

Yeah I was commenting on the two of Blufs posts mate. Incidentally despite being impatient on Corbyn's performance re Brexit, he's actually played it superbly thus far. No doubt having Keir heading up the Party's policy is helping.   

Hmmm...

It's just the same