Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0  (Read 334267 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0
« on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 12:04:07 am »
Old thread - UK Politics - The Tory Years

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,97070.0.html

Poll #1:  How long will May last?

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: Friday 23 June 2017, 05:03:40 pm by BlufPurdi »
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Re: UK Politics: General Election Day 2017
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:22:13 pm »

Online Pip

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:23:56 pm »
Not sure why Brexit is the only issue people are concerned with. Whoever wins this has 5 years in power, Brexit is expected to take 2 years (will take longer for the effects to hit), leaving whoever wins with 3 years free to do whatever the f*** they want.

May wants room to do a softer Brexit, IMO. If they have a big majority then they don't need to entertain the crazies in the party.

What are Corbyn's views on free trade deals? This is important because if you leave the EU, you're going to need to trade with other countries. You can't turn your back on the world. This is why I would vote Conservative.

Online Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:25:26 pm »
UK politics: Everything is bad forever

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:25:29 pm »
Not sure why Brexit is the only issue people are concerned with. Whoever wins this has 5 years in power, Brexit is expected to take 2 years (will take longer for the effects to hit), leaving whoever wins with 3 years free to do whatever the f*** they want.

May wants room to do a softer Brexit, IMO. If they have a big majority then they don't need to entertain the crazies in the party.

What are Corbyn's views on free trade deals? This is important because if you leave the EU, you're going to need to trade with other countries. You can't turn your back on the world. This is why I would vote Conservative.

This is the least surprising endorsement of the entire campaign.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:26:28 pm »
Mmm I love that new thread smell :)

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:26:48 pm »

:lol:

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:27:14 pm »
Odds on which page someone will be called a c*** without it being a jokey reply to this post?
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:31:26 pm »

This is the least surprising endorsement of the entire campaign.

Pip is the forum's sponsor for western capitalism and trickle down economics.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:32:50 pm »
Odds on which page someone will be called a c*** without it being a jokey reply to this post?

Soon as Ronaldo turns up.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:33:38 pm »

c***s.

Offline Toondave

• General Member
  • There's a little bit of Toondave in all of us
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:33:44 pm »

This a prediction or a promise

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:33:58 pm »

This literally makes no sense.
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • some kind of genetically engineered super jerk
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:34:09 pm »
Don't f*** this up, nerds.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:34:34 pm »

This a prediction or a promise

:shifty:

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:35:32 pm »

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:39:33 pm »

What is May's view on foodbanks? This is important because we want rich people to prosper, so their wealth can trickle down to poor people in real terms. We need a lot more poor people for the system to work.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:40:15 pm »
Corporations are people, friend.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:41:33 pm »
http://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/seats-majorities-1000-votes/

Read the first 4, thought "piece of p*ss".

Going back to read the rest now.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:52:29 pm »
Following on from the last thread...

I'm also in Penning territory Skeletor. Angry old white man's dream.

BUT AT LEAST HE BUYS A ROUND NOW AND AGAIN FOR THE PUNTERS UP HEMEL FOOTBALL CLUB.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:54:05 pm »
I voted like 2 weeks ago now :smugdog:

I don't think I've ever voted for the winning team.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:57:18 pm »
I voted like 2 weeks ago now :smugdog:

I don't think I've ever voted for the winning team.

Me neither, I'm 2-0 down on actual voting and 4-0 down including Clinton then Trump. Tbf, it's because my idea of equality is wrong, and the well off should be allowed to continue not paying taxes while poor people die at their expense.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 01:57:40 pm »
Weather is f***ing atrocious like.  Not sure what it's like elsewhere but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't affect the vote turnout. :undecided:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:00:07 pm »
i hate Pip the poster, i'm sure he's alright in real life (i'm not) but every post he makes about politics is aids
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Parky

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 8 June 2017, 02:00:47 pm »
Weather is f***ing atrocious like.  Not sure what it's like elsewhere but I'll be very surprised if it doesn't affect the vote turnout. :undecided:

Tory grannies won't leave the house. :D