Author Topic: How long have you been a member of NO?  (Read 4431 times)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • eŗ̼̱͉̮ͨaͨ̆ͨ͌̿̚҉̞̝̖̼͕s̜̦ͣͧͥ̒̾̌ͭeyou̿̓ŗ̼̱͉̮ͨmi͒nd
Re: How long are you a member of NO?
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 02:48:40 pm »
Monday 16 May 2005, 11:56:30 AM

idk why. Seems an odd time to register on a football forum. Looks like it was the day after the last day of the 04/05 season. Withdrawal symptoms maybe. Something to get off my chest.

« Reply #51 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 04:28:43 pm »
I think Ronaldo had a go at me on my first post which was advocating Kazenga over Pancrate... Turned out I was right, obviously.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 04:34:17 pm »
Sunday 26 December 2004, 08:49:25 AM

:undecided:

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 04:42:08 pm »
Monday 16 October 2006, 04:05:24 AM

Dear me, was a teenager back then :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
Re: How long have you been a member of NO?
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 06:38:05 pm »
Don't know why you had to make this godforsaken thread. It has sent me into a spiral of reading my posts from 2006.

:facepalm:

Offline Sifu

• General Member
  • Too many smileys.
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:13:25 pm »
Sunday 22 May 2005, 12:19:11 PM.

Coming to 12 years...wow.

Offline pedro111

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:15:08 pm »
23rd of Dec 2004.

Like others have said I am pretty sure I was registered before this but then everything was reset for some reason.

I have not been an active poster for years and have joined the shady lurker clan that wormy used to be king of but I am still on here most days.

Always been a great place this.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:18:05 pm »
Who was the guy that created an account just to bloke someone? :lol:

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:40:18 pm »
Who was the guy that created an account just to bloke someone? :lol:

Sounds like a euphemism

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:43:00 pm »
I first joined Nufc.nu back in 2001 (as a lurker) and although it wasn't as busy as other Toon message boards it had a core base of very knowledgeable fans and I loved it. So much so I bought it from a bloke called Karl if I remember right. The board had members like Sparks, HTL, Dr Gloom, Leazes Mag and others whose names I sadly cannot remember, but all good members.

The forum used to get hacked a lot, but after I bought it we sort of consolidated things. I was a web designer/marketeer at the time and the web was changing. We needed a main site and a new brand if you like so we become Howaythetoon.com not long after I took over from Karl.

I was forever messing about with that and eventually it become established and was probably the busiest Toon fans forum/main site (Nufc.com excluded) on the web.

I foolishly would post fixtures and links to goals and the site was eventually deleted by the hosts and I also lost my internet connection after a house move which meant I was off-line for 6 weeks. Toontastic also got banned.

At that time I'm sure someone or some people set up a temp board, Skirge maybe? Leazes Mag perhaps? InvisionBoard software maybe!

Anyway once back online I and others together merged and created Newcastle-Online and for a while it was pretty good. Myself and Phillip Craig (an absolute star, where is he?) who basically programmed the site and put up some funds for it while I was on the dole (quite a few quid tbh), ran it for a while.

Then the forum wars started and members set up Toontastic and for a while there was some petty and shitty exchanges between both boards. I hold my hand up, I took great offence that they would leave and set up a rival board and made a right prick of myself many a time over it. Forum wars... that was mainly down to me. Cringe worthy s*** and embarrassing looking back.

I'm glad Toontastic is still around and I genuinely mean that.

We had some good times though and this very site was doing some unique stuff online. We had the who the f*** are series, behind enemy lines, player ratings and other unique at the time content which made this site one of the best on the web IMO and also saw us featured in the media a lot.

We had some silly times of course. The Hitzfeld campaign (laughs) and worse still posting a members private details online (my fault). It was a good wind up which I took badly. Board wars again!

At the time I wasn't in a good place personally and so I basically took time off and I don't know what happened to the site in between, but it went from N.O.com or .co.uk to .org, losing the main site.

Since then some internet god going by the name of Dave and his fellow admins and mods have kept this place going and thank god they did because it is without doubt a GREAT site and they deserve massive credit. I love the place to bits, its my first port of call online every day and although I don't really know anyone, I've met some through the Lockwood Cup and I just know the vast majority on here are top top people.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:46:48 pm »
f***ing hell 16 years I've been connected to this site or versions of it.

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:52:24 pm »
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:52:58 pm »

Online Greg

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 07:53:28 pm »
Quite short by your old standards.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:00:36 pm »
Quite short by your old standards.

:lol:

Thanks!

We seemed to have lost loads of members mind, or they have changed usernames. I used to be Grassroots or GrassrootsFC as I was getting into coaching and then become CoachHTT I think and then HTT.

I remember back on Nufc.nu we had just finished 4th and some members were debating how we needed to move Bobby upstairs and look at someone like Mourinho or a certain fat Spanish waiter...

Offline pbxtn

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:22:18 pm »

i remember your Grassroots username and who could forget Dr. Gloom!

There can't be too many lurkers who've been kicking about as long as me  :lol:

Offline mouldy_uk

• General Member
  • Forever NUFC
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:24:04 pm »
Monday 17 April 2006, 06:13:18 PM

:)

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:24:33 pm »
I remember when Skirge set up that temporary board and the bickering between boards. Basically what Reddit is today. :lol:

« Reply #68 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:28:39 pm »
Don't know why you had to make this godforsaken thread. It has sent me into a spiral of reading my posts from 2006.

:facepalm:

I wouldn't read up to the present day if I were you.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Flartyblartclart

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:34:17 pm »
Date Registered: Thursday 31 August 2006, 06:22:03

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:44:21 pm »
It's my 10 year anniversary in a couple of weeks. Good lord.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 08:44:43 pm »

i remember your Grassroots username and who could forget Dr. Gloom!

There can't be too many lurkers who've been kicking about as long as me  :lol:

What was your original username? Dr Gloom used to have a canny website, a vulture in a Toon shirt as his logo if I remember right. He was a very good poster.

Oregon Geordie I remember the most as he was like 70 odd years old and was a fellow fan of Sharks. I'm hoping he hasn't passed away like, but I'm not too confident :(

Calimag, Sparks, HTL, LeazesMag, Skirge, some blind Toon fan who could barely post, but somehow did. He used to get ridiculed until one day he said look I'm fooking blind man. Awww what was his name?

NUFC.NU was the good old days, about 200 members. I remember when I joined I was probably the youngest on the board who thought I knew it all, but I was quickly put in my place and realised I knew f*** all about the club or football.

As a club we were going places then under Sir Bobby. I'll never forget the day/night we bought Woodgate and Jenas. We were also linked strongly with a very very young John Terry.

I used to post on Team Talk before that which was s**** really, it could take days for your post to get moderated. NUFC.NU first game of the season against Chelsea and its 1-1. Loads were angry because we missed out on Zenden and Jeffers, but we got Robert and Bellamy and losing to Troyes hurt a lot of fans. But that run of games sharpened us and made us competitive. We lost 2-0 at home to Spurs Poyet among the scorers, I remember that particular match thread was quite vitriolic.

If people think N.O is up and down today, back then it was even worse and we were much better. But then perhaps expectations were higher given the KK years were still fresh.

Ah, happy days man!

« Reply #72 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 09:08:24 pm »
Saturday 26 April 2008.

I remember one of my earliest posts debating if the Milner sale was a good move for us. I also remember when everyone was excited to have Ashley here.

SEMTEX helped me sign up because it wouldn't let me use my email at the time (don't have a clue why). He made up my forum name and I haven't been bothered to change it yet  :lol:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 09:20:14 pm »
i mean why would you change it, its mint

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 23 February 2017, 09:21:28 pm »
I was on the old forum for a bit, lost my log in, then it got shut down or disappeared, then found this place by accident. Signed up.