Author Topic: Sex, Gender and Identity  (Read 71532 times)

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
Re: Sex, Gender and Identity
« Reply #1900 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
I realise it makes me a bona fide Nazi in the eyes of some people but it'll never not be mad to me that women are universally supposed to agree that a fully equipped biological male should be allowed to use their changing rooms or be housed in their prisons if he puts a dress on and adopts a high pitched voice.

Not only that but that "cis" males on the left are often the ones telling women who object to that position that they are bigots, and that's apparently the progressive position, that we should force women to have biological men in their private spaces. It boggles my mind a bit.

I don't think anybody is demanding they allow them in the cubicle. If by "private space" you mean the bit where they put their make-up on, there's women put their make-up on on the bus in the morning.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1901 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 04:14:14 PM »
Unisex/mixed toilets all the way. It's the only solution and it might encourage women to behave better, in the toilets.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #1902 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:39:36 PM »
Unisex/mixed toilets all the way. It's the only solution and it might encourage women to behave better, in the toilets.

Bad idea. Imagine the queues :lol:

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1903 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 05:43:15 PM »
Bill Maher is an anti-vax conspiracy c*** nowadays

You don't have to like the dude, plenty don't, but this is just untrue.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1904 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:10:41 PM »

Bad idea. Imagine the queues :lol:

You ever drink in the Bigg Market circa 1990? The queues to the ladies necessitated that the men's became unisex. It all began quite harmlessly as only the women that were desperate to pee, would take the opportunity, and they were in and out, just like the blokes. But then they started getting cocky, putting make up on and flashing their knickers. Chaos ensued, naturally, as chaos comes from chaos.

If we approached the concept with a perception of order it could be perfect.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1905 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:33:40 PM »
I realise it makes me a bona fide Nazi in the eyes of some people but it'll never not be mad to me that women are universally supposed to agree that a fully equipped biological male should be allowed to use their changing rooms or be housed in their prisons if he puts a dress on and adopts a high pitched voice.

Not only that but that "cis" males on the left are often the ones telling women who object to that position that they are bigots, and that's apparently the progressive position, that we should force women to have biological men in their private spaces. It boggles my mind a bit.

That’s a ludicrous description of transgender people.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1906 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:35:27 PM »
It's ludicrous to think a man will get dressed up as a woman and sit in a pub waiting for the opportunity to pounce.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1907 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:40:28 PM »
How far do we allow fear to dictate our decisions? What's next? Men who fear being raped by another man? What do we do then, or is a man not allowed to fear being raped by another man, even if that other man is clearly capable?

I don't suffer from such irrational fears, personally, but if Mike Tyson decided he was going to rape me, I'd like to think I could s*** myself without being judged.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #1908 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:43:01 PM »
Shitting yourself would probably be an effective defence. Though he would probably punch you for it.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #1909 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:43:38 PM »

Best you can say is he's does Glenn Beck's disingenuous "I'm just asking questions" shtick

https://www.insider.com/bill-maher-real-time-vaccines-cause-autism-anti-vaxxer-2019-11

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1910 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
Shitting yourself would probably be an effective defence. Though he would probably punch you for it.

Really? I was worried people might conclude that I was asking for it.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #1911 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:53:28 PM »

Really? I was worried people might conclude that I was asking for it.

Suppose it depends on the consistency. I'd probably be perceived as lubing up for him.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #1912 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 06:58:36 PM »

Best you can say is he's does Glenn Beck's disingenuous "I'm just asking questions" shtick

https://www.insider.com/bill-maher-real-time-vaccines-cause-autism-anti-vaxxer-2019-11

Did you read the actual quote? He doesn't side with him at all like the article tries to imply. He's saying it could happen one-in-a-million but you can't go around saying that because then people will become anti-vaxxers because they don't want to be that one-in-a-million.

I've been watching Maher for over a decade now and he has voiced his opinion on anti-vaxxers many, many times on his show. He is very much opposed to them.

I hate that I have to defend Bill Maher of all people, f*** :lol:

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1913 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:06:50 PM »

Is it ludicrous for a woman not to want to share a communal changing room with someone with a cock?
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1914 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:17:54 PM »

Is it ludicrous for a woman not to want to share a communal changing room with someone with a cock?

Personally I think so, because gender shouldn’t be defined by biology.

FWIW individual women or anyone else can want whatever they want. That doesn’t mean it has to be policy.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1915 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:20:50 PM »

Personally I think so, because gender shouldn’t be defined by biology.

FWIW individual women or anyone else can want whatever they want. That doesn’t mean it has to be policy.

I think that's absolutely appalling tbh. Force women to have men in their changing rooms if they want to be in there, that's progressive now. Completely insane.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1916 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:22:01 PM »
They’re not men, they’re biological males who identify more closely as women.

Not sure why you put it in terms of ‘force women’, needlessly antagonistic.

Are there loads of transgender rapists that can only operate in toilets?

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1917 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:30:15 PM »
They’re not men, they’re biological males who identify more closely as women.

Not sure why you put it in terms of ‘force women’, needlessly antagonistic.

Are there loads of transgender rapists that can only operate in toilets?

Do they need to be rapists for women not to want to get changed in front of them and their penis like?

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1918 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
I thought the objection was mainly the threat of having a male around, not the possible sight of a penis :lol:

I’m sure the trans women will be doing everything they can not to reveal their penis.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #1919 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:35:17 PM »
Changing rooms are weird no matter what gender/biological sex the people are iyam. Never nude ftw.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #1920 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:36:16 PM »
I thought the objection was mainly the threat of having a male around, not the possible sight of a penis :lol:

Why is that funny? It's indecent exposure if they do it in the park. Women don't really like having biological male strangers expose themselves to them. Did you not know that?

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Sleestak 2020
« Reply #1921 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:38:15 PM »
I'll admit I have no data whatsoever to support this--nonetheless, I feel confident in asserting that the vast majority of trans women would be quite conscientious in not liberally swinging dong all over a women's locker rooms.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Sleestak 2020
« Reply #1922 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:40:46 PM »
I also feel like we'd have much less consternation about bathroom issues if we called them the shitter. Nobody really wants to hear or talk about what somebody else is doing in the shitter.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #1923 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:44:34 PM »
I find it hard to judge women for not wanting it, they have different safety concerns to me. I know women that don’t like to go out alone at night and carry pepper spray. They have concerns that don’t really cross my mind as a man.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1924 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 07:44:50 PM »

Why is that funny? It's indecent exposure if they do it in the park. Women don't really like having biological male strangers expose themselves to them. Did you not know that?

Indecent exposure isn’t funny, it’s funny that we were talking about that when I thought we were having a debate about gender.

Like I said, I’m fairly sure trans women will be absolutely keen for nobody to see their penis.