Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 766881 times)

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #13025 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 09:50:32 AM »
?s=19

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #13026 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10:04:18 AM »
 :lol:

3-0 is finished, like.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #13027 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 01:00:50 PM »
This is a nice read:

https://mundialmag.com/blogs/gazzetta/max-porter-crystal-palace-wilfried-zaha-eagles

I stand in the rain, watching them play, buying my son all that nylon crap, listening as he talks about Palace. He talks about it constantly. For a long time I listened and found it kind of annoying if I’m honest, my son going on and on about the emotional toll Luka Milivojević endured when leaving Olympiacos, because, fundamentally, I did not give a s***.

For midweek games with an after-bedtime final whistle, my son would ask me to write D, W, or L on his hand so he could find out what happened the second he woke up. And I’d find myself writing ‘W’ on his clammy little hand, attempting to add, in tiny letters, ‘Benteke, 86th min’ underneath and, in the morning, he’d come in with pen all over his face, a black smudge on his hand. ‘Well?’

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #13028 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:49:36 AM »
Its no surprise Rangers went bankrupt.

1106914155012018178[/tweet]][/url]

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #13029 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 07:29:35 PM »
?s=19

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #13030 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 10:56:33 AM »
Spurs will play their first game on the new stadium against Palace on the third of April.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #13031 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 03:51:08 PM »
I don't know how promotion and relegation would work for the Champions League.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/17/champions-league-proposals-could-see-introduction-weekend-matches/

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #13032 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 04:12:56 PM »
I can't see a single domestic league agreeing to any of that.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #13033 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:06:31 PM »
France Footballs top 50 all time managers:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • let me in
« Reply #13034 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:25:32 PM »
:pards: ?

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #13035 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:34:42 PM »
How is Sir Bobby lower than Simeone and Klopp? Sir bobby won trophies in 4 different countries, managed at international level, has a World Cup semi-final on his CV, won domestic and European silverware, was a manager over 4 decades, was renowned for developing youth, played attacking attractive football, managed some of the biggest and most diverse players in the world, is credited as being some kind of mentor/major influence to two current successful managers in Mourinho and Guardiola and is England’s most successful manager to have managed abroad. He first become a manager at a very young age, while still a player, and in Canada of all places. What he did at Ipswich was ground breaking at the time and globally, he has had such a big impact on the game. He should be much higher up than either Klopp or Simeone for starters and if Busby is listed so high Bobby should be above him as well.

Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #13036 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:36:46 PM »
How is Sir Bobby lower than Simeone and Klopp? Sir bobby won trophies in 4 different countries, managed at international level, has a World Cup semi-final on his CV, won domestic and European silverware, was a manager over 4 decades, was renowned for developing youth, played attacking attractive football, managed some of the biggest and most diverse players in the world, is credited as being some kind of mentor/major influence to two current successful managers in Mourinho and Guardiola and is England’s most successful manager to have managed abroad. He first become a manager at a very young age, while still a player, and in Canada of all places. What he did at Ipswich was ground breaking at the time and globally, he has had such a big impact on the game. He should be much higher up than either Klopp or Simeone for starters and if Busby is listed so high Bobby should be above him as well.

Even without black and white tinted specs you've got to admit Bobby is one of if not the greatest English manager there has been.
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #13037 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:40:53 PM »
Simone above Wenger and Rafa? Okay, thanks.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #13038 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:51:44 PM »
Klopp shouldn't be above Rafa either

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #13039 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:57:29 PM »
France Footballs top 50 all time managers:

Mourinho, Wenger, Ancelotti, Simeone, Benitez, Del Bosque and Hiddink should be much higher.

Klopp and Capello should be much lower and Conte and Bielsa shouldn't even be on the list.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #13040 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:59:28 PM »
Capello should be higher, no?

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #13041 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 09:09:54 PM »

Even without black and white tinted specs you've got to admit Bobby is one of if not the greatest English manager there has been.

For me he is the best ever English manager and I’d say because of that, second only to Fergie, if you include all home nation managers.

My own personal greatest ever is Clough, but it’s purely based on personal preference in the same way I’ll always rank KK higher than anyone else even if Rafa was to go on and win a few trophies with us.

Sir Bobby though is the undisputed GOAT English manager surely?

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #13042 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 09:22:50 PM »
Frank Rijkaard? You my as well include Terry Venables in that case and Roberto Di Matteo :lol:

And no place for this guy, really? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vittorio_Pozzo

Or https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mário_Zagallo

He was 38 when he won the World Cup, his Brazil team arguably the greatest footballing side of all time.

firetotheworks

« Reply #13043 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 10:04:36 PM »

Christ almighty. SBR ahead of Sir Matt Busby and Diego Simeone. Even for you that's ludicrous. :lol:

firetotheworks

« Reply #13044 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 10:09:52 PM »

For me he is the best ever English manager and I’d say because of that, second only to Fergie, if you include all home nation managers.

My own personal greatest ever is Clough, but it’s purely based on personal preference in the same way I’ll always rank KK higher than anyone else even if Rafa was to go on and win a few trophies with us.

Sir Bobby though is the undisputed GOAT English manager surely?

Paisley

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #13045 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 11:17:31 PM »

Oblak
de Gea
ter Stegen
Alisson
Buffon = Courtois

Online xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #13046 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 11:25:56 PM »
Dubs >

;)

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #13047 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 04:57:09 AM »

Christ almighty. SBR ahead of Sir Matt Busby and Diego Simeone. Even for you that's ludicrous. :lol:

I’m not lieing when I say this but out of everyone on here, I just knew you of all people would be the most likely to reply to my comments and in the manner you have, it’s like I’ve personally offended you :lol:

Anyway...

I’d easily rank Sir Bobby higher than those two based on the totality of his career and his body of work which spans over 4 decades managing in 4 different countries winning league titles and domestic and European cup silverware, from Ipswich to Barcelona.

A career in management that also included a World Cup semi final and several tournament qualifications with England. What he achieved with Ipswich alone is more of an achievement than what Simeone has achieved with A.Madrid and while the legacy, influence and achievements of Busby are not in doubt, Sir Bobby’s was spread around the world at club and international level, domestically and in European competitions. Far succeeding whatever he achieved. Don’t be swayed by the romanticism of Munich...

He also ranks higher IMO because of his longevity, ability to work with players of any nationality and pedigree from Romario to Costa Helier and his ability to improve the games of veteran and younger players alike through coaching and man management and not the chequebook.

He ranks high on the example he set in terms of sportsmanship, fair play and his commitment to the traditions and values of the game and players, their development, encouraging youth, attacking football, entertaining fans, honouring contracts and his real true legacy, inspiring others to take up management. Mourinho and Guardiola all credit SBR as a massive influence and role model.

Simeone better than SBR howay man :lol: Busby at least merits debate...

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #13048 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 06:28:43 AM »
ter Stegen (can do everything to the highest level)
Oblak
De Gea
Alisson
Courtois
Buffon

firetotheworks

« Reply #13049 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 08:14:44 AM »

I’m not lieing when I say this but out of everyone on here, I just knew you of all people would be the most likely to reply to my comments and in the manner you have, it’s like I’ve personally offended you :lol:

Anyway...

I’d easily rank Sir Bobby higher than those two based on the totality of his career and his body of work which spans over 4 decades managing in 4 different countries winning league titles and domestic and European cup silverware, from Ipswich to Barcelona.

A career in management that also included a World Cup semi final and several tournament qualifications with England. What he achieved with Ipswich alone is more of an achievement than what Simeone has achieved with A.Madrid and while the legacy, influence and achievements of Busby are not in doubt, Sir Bobby’s was spread around the world at club and international level, domestically and in European competitions. Far succeeding whatever he achieved. Don’t be swayed by the romanticism of Munich...

He also ranks higher IMO because of his longevity, ability to work with players of any nationality and pedigree from Romario to Costa Helier and his ability to improve the games of veteran and younger players alike through coaching and man management and not the chequebook.

He ranks high on the example he set in terms of sportsmanship, fair play and his commitment to the traditions and values of the game and players, their development, encouraging youth, attacking football, entertaining fans, honouring contracts and his real true legacy, inspiring others to take up management. Mourinho and Guardiola all credit SBR as a massive influence and role model.

Simeone better than SBR howay man :lol: Busby at least merits debate...

Neither merit debate because like I said it's ludicrous, but then you've been underappreciating players and managers on the continent forever on here. :lol: A quick glance at Simeone's honours, that's been largely accrued during Messi era Barca and Ronaldo era Real Madrid shows that it completely dwarfs SBR's honours. Daft that that even needs to be said. As for him being better than Sir Matt Busby, likewise and even more so.