Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 767162 times)

Astroblack and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #13000 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:38:48 PM »
Champions League is an elite competition. The greatest tournement in the world for me. Winner truly has to be the best.

And yet you want one of the two best teams knocked out in the quarter finals?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Online Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #13001 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:57:57 PM »
You could make a case for all of those teams being the best in some way or another.

And I'll say, there's a bit of bias there. Of all of our teams in the competition, I'd prefer Man Utd to win it. Could be Stockholm syndrome or something but I've missed them being at the top. City and Chelsea are such bores. Man Utd never really went OTT like they're doing nowadays. In my lifetime, they've been our strongest contender in the cup. They want to win it. Feel like City currently prefer domestic dominance. Liverpool want a PL title and Man U kind of fight on all fronts. Spurs the dark horse. Would love for them to do it. Think we all know, they probably won't.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #13002 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:22:31 PM »
Wanting Man Utd to win it ffs. My order of preference is Ajax-Porto-Barca-Spurs-Liverpool-Juve-Man Utd-Man City
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #13003 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:29:35 PM »
You could make a case for all of those teams being the best in some way or another.

And I'll say, there's a bit of bias there. Of all of our teams in the competition, I'd prefer Man Utd to win it. Could be Stockholm syndrome or something but I've missed them being at the top. City and Chelsea are such bores. Man Utd never really went OTT like they're doing nowadays. In my lifetime, they've been our strongest contender in the cup. They want to win it. Feel like City currently prefer domestic dominance. Liverpool want a PL title and Man U kind of fight on all fronts. Spurs the dark horse. Would love for them to do it. Think we all know, they probably won't.

They're fighting for an unprecedented quadruple - and I reckon they will do it. There are only two teams who might be able to stop them over two legs, and none of them are English. All I want from the draw is to keep Citeh and Barca apart until the final, because the only other team in it is Juve and f*** them! :lol:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Online Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #13004 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:32:12 PM »
Never liked Barca. Boring football. Camera angle on tv is too far away. Porto? Ugh. A Portuguese team? Feel like they’ve currupted our league. Plus all those constant knockouts against England.

Offline Disco

« Reply #13005 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:39:36 PM »
Astroblack is full of absolutely horrific opinions.

Online Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #13006 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:48:09 PM »
Don’t get the anti Englishness. With the way footballs going, it’s time to get on board. What’s best for the Premier League is best for NUFC. They’ll at some point hopefully be a trickle down effect.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #13007 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:49:40 PM »
Don’t get the anti Englishness. With the way footballs going, it’s time to get on board. What’s best for the Premier League is best for NUFC. They’ll at some point hopefully be a trickle down effect.

Fine example of Englishness right there
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Online Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #13008 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 11:59:18 PM »
You suck.

Offline Theregulars

• General Member
« Reply #13009 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:30:00 AM »
You suck.

I’d love Kurt Angle to win it, like.
You're going to pay. In fear dollars.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #13010 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 09:40:44 AM »
Wanting Man Utd to win it ffs. My order of preference is Ajax-Porto-Barca-Spurs-Liverpool-Juve-Man Utd-Man City

I would have Spurs ahead of Barcelona, but other than that I agree with you.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #13011 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 10:08:55 AM »
You suck.

Aren't you the doilem who whinges about the food In New York City because you cant get Nandos and walkers crisps? I contend that it is actually you who sucks.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #13012 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 10:43:33 AM »
Don’t you guys get tired of Ronaldo vs Messi?

Ronaldo’s a King.  We’ll probably never see the likes again. Mentally, he’s on another level.  He must be legit insane. You can’t be as good as he is, with his skill set without having that selfish angle to him.  But as we’ve seen, unlike Neymar, it’s rarely to the detriment of the team. It’s ‘i’ll Win this for us lads’ rather than whatever it is Neymar does. At a point in time he was stronger, faster than everyone else and would use that along with his skill and technique to win.  As he’s aged, he’s become the best penalty box attacker I’ve ever seen. He just wants it more, his mind is so fast.

To be so far ahead of everyone bar Messi is extraordinary. I don’t think anyone expected him to be this good at 34 when he was 27. The way he’s refined his game is amazing. The way he’s still a great athlete is amazing.

I can see him being a handy asset for a number of years to come.  He’s so determined it’s unbelievable.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #13013 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 10:46:22 AM »

It got tiring years ago, part of me will be happy when both retire so football can collectively move on from both.

• General Member
« Reply #13014 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:06:53 AM »

It got tiring years ago, part of me will be happy when both retire so football can collectively move on from both.

I’m enjoying both now more than ever perhaps.

It’s similar Tom Federer, Serena, Nadal, Djokovic. I’m beyond the point of comparisons. In the twilight I’m enjoying the masters at work. Not sure when i’ll See the likes again.  Knowing it’s the autumn of their careers.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #13015 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:18:37 AM »
Barca Vs Man United
Spurs vs Man City
Liverpool vs Porto
Juventus vs Ajax

Online frankpingel

• General Member
« Reply #13016 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:21:18 AM »
Potential Man u v Liverpool semi.

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #13017 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:23:35 AM »

Online Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #13018 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 05:35:09 PM »
Messi is an artist and Ronaldo is a machine.

If you were a team mate and rounded the keeper and rolled it in Messi would run back to the half way line and Ronaldo would steam in and boot it in and take the goal off you. :lol:

We are truly blessed to have seen both of these wonderful players play.

For the record I prefer Ronaldo as his intensity, belief and ability to transcend different leagues make him just slightly better in my book.

That does not mean I do not appreciate the brilliance of Messi.

It is possible to like them both!

This is definitely a myth too like. :lol: Ronaldo has 219 assists. While I think Messi is better, there is very, very little between them.

A myth despite him regularly kicking off with teammates whenever they steal 'his' goals or they don't pass to him.

219 assists is incredible but in the context of Messi's 270 in 150 fewer appearances it backs up Boo Boy's point.

No idea why there's even a comparison at all tbh, goal scoring aside it's laughable that to me that anyone sees him as being up there with Messi. And yet I can't help but talk about it.

Everyone that thinks Messi is far better seems to always say this. Goals are pretty f***ing important. :lol:

firetotheworks

« Reply #13019 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 05:58:37 PM »
Messi is an artist and Ronaldo is a machine.

If you were a team mate and rounded the keeper and rolled it in Messi would run back to the half way line and Ronaldo would steam in and boot it in and take the goal off you. :lol:

We are truly blessed to have seen both of these wonderful players play.

For the record I prefer Ronaldo as his intensity, belief and ability to transcend different leagues make him just slightly better in my book.

That does not mean I do not appreciate the brilliance of Messi.

It is possible to like them both!

This is definitely a myth too like. :lol: Ronaldo has 219 assists. While I think Messi is better, there is very, very little between them.

A myth despite him regularly kicking off with teammates whenever they steal 'his' goals or they don't pass to him.

219 assists is incredible but in the context of Messi's 270 in 150 fewer appearances it backs up Boo Boy's point.

No idea why there's even a comparison at all tbh, goal scoring aside it's laughable that to me that anyone sees him as being up there with Messi. And yet I can't help but talk about it.

Everyone that thinks Messi is far better seems to always say this. Goals are pretty f***ing important. :lol:

Yeah and Ronaldo's on the same level as Messi with goal scoring. That's why I said goal scoring aside I think it's laughable that there's even a comparison.

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
  • (Grant) Geordie in Chicago
« Reply #13020 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 06:03:03 PM »

Went to see Argentina v Panama in the Copa America a few years ago in Chicago. There were more people there for that game than for the US game, and so many were there just to see Messi. Aye it was part of the attraction for me as I'd seen Aguero and that before. Messi started on the bench, you've got all these other class Argentineans playing and fans are just chanting for Messi. It was really fuckin annoying, they were there to see one man.

(Then tbf he came on and scored a hat-trick off the bench, first time he'd done that).

So aye, it annoys me. I appreciate them as players, but this personal brand thing seems to me to be new with them. Lots of other great players have been hyped, but with them so many seem more interested in them than a team. I hate that and reckon it will live on with other players once they're gone.

firetotheworks

« Reply #13021 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 06:21:52 PM »

Went to see Argentina v Panama in the Copa America a few years ago in Chicago. There were more people there for that game than for the US game, and so many were there just to see Messi. Aye it was part of the attraction for me as I'd seen Aguero and that before. Messi started on the bench, you've got all these other class Argentineans playing and fans are just chanting for Messi. It was really fuckin annoying, they were there to see one man.

(Then tbf he came on and scored a hat-trick off the bench, first time he'd done that).

So aye, it annoys me. I appreciate them as players, but this personal brand thing seems to me to be new with them. Lots of other great players have been hyped, but with them so many seem more interested in them than a team. I hate that and reckon it will live on with other players once they're gone.

Well there ye gan. :lol:

I get your point though. It doesn't annoy me, in fact I'm completely guilty of it where Messi's concerned, but it's definitely consigned to him alone, there's no one other player I'd watch a match for really.

The Messi v Ronaldo thing does annoy me though even though I take part in it on here, but more just that they're even seen as being on the same level more than anything.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #13022 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 08:15:32 PM »
I'm only tired of the fact anyone thinks Ronaldo is on the same planet as him. I could talk about messi forever.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Disco

« Reply #13023 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 09:49:51 PM »
When Messi buys some kids for his sister to mother and rapes some lasses then he'll achieve greatness.

• General Member
« Reply #13024 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 09:54:26 PM »
I'm only tired of the fact anyone thinks Ronaldo is on the same planet as him. I could talk about messi forever.

Let people enjoy things. Their mans scored a clutch hat trick. Let them enjoy. 

For me Messi’s so clear. It just doesn’t matter what people think.