Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still Not Worthy Of A Thread  (Read 481490 times)

Pata (+ 2 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
Re: Still Not Worthy Of A Thread
« Reply #10100 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 09:01:33 pm »
Flashback Friday

According to the reliably informed Steve Wyss, Newcastle failed to push through a deal for Ngolo Kante because the Magpies did not reach Caen’s evaluation of €4m. They had two bids rejected worth €2m and then €2.75m. Kante incidentally had a man of the match performance this evening.

Some things don't change. At least we didn't write this article though:

http://threeandin.com/ngolo-kante-could-be-the-worst-tottenham-signing-since-jason-dozzell/

So depressing. I get people hated Carr but I do think he got shafted basically, scouted a lot of good players we didn't get.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
It ' time to market and the charm of the enfant terrible , back in fashion . No one wants it , but all seek him . Ben Arfa needs of the spotlight . The field as a film set , the prowess to restart combustion processes of his falling star . To become , finally , Hatem Ben Arfa , a child prodigy .

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #10101 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 09:01:44 pm »
Well that’s ruined my Friday night.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #10102 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 09:09:52 pm »
Tbf with that Spurs one, the bloke writing it probably didn't write the heading and the article itself isn't that bad

Except from describing/alluding to Kante as an attacking player and judging him on his attacking stats. Aye, proper well informed that. Clearly had never ever watched him. It's pretty poor, let's not not pretend.
Not sure if he was playing further forward at that stage but I think I read that he did used to play further forward at one stage

Tbf I did read a Guardian article about Kante with insight from his former team-mates at Caen who said he was box-to-box as they had a dedicated DM which allowed Kante to roam a little as he was clearly far more talented than the players around him (they say). Still though, the guy writing that article clearly hadn't watched him imo, it's sounds like someone who has looked at stats, international appearances and injury records and feigned knowledge. Probs accounts for a large portion of internet journalism/journalists mind.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #10103 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 09:11:46 pm »
Betfair have started doing an HQ-type quiz and it's all football related (don't know if just for the WC or will go on in that vein).

Who was the first England player to be sent off? Ray Wilkins. The host then goes on to inform us that he's currently a TV pundit.. :facepalm:

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #10104 on: Friday 13 July 2018, 09:50:11 pm »
:lol:

f***ing hell.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #10105 on: Yesterday at 08:25:57 am »
if we'd signed kante he'd have been playing in the turkish 3rd division now
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #10106 on: Yesterday at 08:31:33 am »
:lol: Exactly. Wouldn't have changed the fact that Pardew was the manager. He'd have tried to turn him into a CAM.

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #10107 on: Yesterday at 09:09:18 am »
:lol: Exactly. Wouldn't have changed the fact that Pardew was the manager. He'd have tried to turn him into a CAM.

Don't be silly. Left back
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #10108 on: Yesterday at 04:19:20 pm »
At a wedding in North Wales. All the dinner tables are named after Liverpool managers. Of course I'm on Souness.

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #10109 on: Yesterday at 06:58:08 pm »
Everton have won 22-0 in a preseaon friendly

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #10110 on: Yesterday at 07:25:58 pm »
At a wedding in North Wales. All the dinner tables are named after Liverpool managers. Of course I'm on Souness.

Kick someone off the Rafa table.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #10111 on: Yesterday at 07:28:41 pm »

Kick someone off the Rafa table.

Is your table full of proper people?
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
  • Howay you robot radgies
« Reply #10112 on: Yesterday at 10:01:02 pm »

Though Hartlepool were playing Sunderland?

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #10114 on: Today at 12:03:59 pm »
Playing against a fourth tier Austrian side, what the hell is the point of that? :lol:

Offline LRD

• General Member
  • Wor Rafa
« Reply #10115 on: Today at 01:01:37 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/8yz8rg/the_reverse_free_kick_brazil_vs_zaire_at_the_1974/

One of the players from that Zaire team, Ricky Mavuba, fled the country later on and lived in Angola. There, he maried an Angolan woman. When the Angolan civil war broke out, him and his pregnant wife escaped on a boat, where she gave birth. The family gained refugee status in France. When the child was 2 his mom died and when he was 14 Ricky Mavuba passed away. This pushed the child to dedicate himself fully to football as a coping mechanism. In 2014, Rio Mavuba played for France at the World Cup, 40 years after his father played for Zaire.

Incredible. Knew he was born on a boat but didn't know the story behind it.
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Online Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #10116 on: Today at 08:15:32 pm »
West Ham's ground on Sky Sports Mix right now.

Online sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #10117 on: Today at 08:47:22 pm »
Gigi Buffon did not have the ideal Paris Saint-Germain debut, giving away a penalty and conceding two goals in a defeat to Chambly (from the 3rd tier).

The 40-year-old goalkeeper started the friendly match and within five minutes had brought down a player to give away a penalty, which was then converted.

He conceded again before making way at half-time and PSG eventually lost 4-2.