Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 1093051 times)

Doctor Zaius and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #19175 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 05:38:00 PM »
Ian Wright and Carragher are entertaining and still have a certain energy about them that is relatable as a fan listening. The rest I could take or leave tbh.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #19176 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 05:39:37 PM »
Nobody's mentioned the worst one. Conversation on 5Live just now:

Steve Crossman: I'd written down the word 'ominous' as John Murray said it after 8 minutes, do you think Mikel Arteta will be quite happy to be 1-0 down at the break given the start Man City made?

Karen Carney: Ooh I dunno, I don't even know what that word means, I can't even pronounce it.

She's thick as a whale omelette.

You're right but apparently we're not allowed to say that, as any criticism at all MUST mean people are sexist.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #19177 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 05:42:15 PM »
Brummies should only allowed to work in silent media.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • "Nice and decent." Disco, Feb 2021
« Reply #19178 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 05:58:04 PM »
I like Martin Keown a lot these days. Always thought Lee Dixon was good too. Wright and Shearer are obviously sound and I can just about get away with Carragher and Neville providing they're talking about anything other than Newcastle. Find Micah Richards tedious and think Jenas talks quite a bit of s****. Find Alex Scott talks out of her arse a lot n'all tbh.

Feel like Hansen was one of the very best and would still be totally relevant and good to listen to now, unlike his geriatric mate they - for some reason - still wheel out from time to time. Not really a pundit but I think Dan Walker is great and Mark Clemmit is a bit of a legend; his features on Football Focus about the Football League are invariably my favourite bits.

I've a lot of time for Hinchcliffe but that view might be skewed by his content on Set Piece Menu; he does cracks me up, like - I was pissing myself at his hypothetical rant a few weeks back, about recommending to Pep Guardiola that ManC should punt it out for a throw-in straight from kick off.

Offline Fantail Breeze

• General Member
« Reply #19179 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:14:06 PM »
Surprised how many rate Shearer. I don’t like him at all as a pundit, especially as he has fallen over himself all season to back Bruce.

Keown used to be dreadful but has grown on me a lot. I agree about Carragher, I don’t always agree with him but you can see he researches his own opinions.

McCoist and Gary Lineker are good too. I also like the Micah Richards/Keane double act.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #19180 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:15:43 PM »
Well, I like Shearer cos it's Shearer. He'll always be me hero.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19181 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:43:15 PM »
Nobody's mentioned the worst one. Conversation on 5Live just now:

Steve Crossman: I'd written down the word 'ominous' as John Murray said it after 8 minutes, do you think Mikel Arteta will be quite happy to be 1-0 down at the break given the start Man City made?

Karen Carney: Ooh I dunno, I don't even know what that word means, I can't even pronounce it.

She's thick as a whale omelette.

You're right but apparently we're not allowed to say that, as any criticism at all MUST mean people are sexist.

Well that's not true

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #19182 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:44:08 PM »
It's not true but the online reaction to Karen Carney criticisms has been like that.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19183 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:45:40 PM »
I think it was the fact Leeds hung her out to dry on Twitter for just having an opinion.

They should have known the trolls would be horrendous to her

Offline nufcjb

• General Member
« Reply #19184 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:48:05 PM »
Carney is too stale. anyone can say whay she is paid to say. Wonder why she is the chosen one of the media compared to her other former team mates.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #19185 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:50:20 PM »
I listened to Carney yesterday on the BT Score Show and she was horrendous.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #19186 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:50:42 PM »
She pretty much repeats what the lead the commentator says.

Thick as pig s*** and should be called out for being so. Much like Sutton/Savage and co.

Agree on Keown. Articulate and knowledgable

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #19187 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 06:52:44 PM »
Sutton is occasionally passable when he talks in depth but the him and Savage contrarian-off/must give a definite set in stone opinion on BT is genuinely horrific. Horrible voices too.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #19188 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:09:14 PM »
I've only heard Clinton Morrison when he talks about racism. Based on that.... I'd say he's s***.

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #19189 on: Sunday 21 February 2021, 08:12:29 PM »
Sutton is occasionally passable when he talks in depth but the him and Savage contrarian-off/must give a definite set in stone opinion on BT is genuinely horrific. Horrible voices too.

I’ve never known a voice more suited for silent film.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #19190 on: Tuesday 23 February 2021, 07:04:12 PM »
Gordon McQueen diagnosed with dementia. Only 68

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #19191 on: Today at 01:19:25 AM »
I like Martin Keown a lot these days. Always thought Lee Dixon was good too. Wright and Shearer are obviously sound and I can just about get away with Carragher and Neville providing they're talking about anything other than Newcastle. Find Micah Richards tedious and think Jenas talks quite a bit of s****. Find Alex Scott talks out of her arse a lot n'all tbh.

Feel like Hansen was one of the very best and would still be totally relevant and good to listen to now, unlike his geriatric mate they - for some reason - still wheel out from time to time. Not really a pundit but I think Dan Walker is great and Mark Clemmit is a bit of a legend; his features on Football Focus about the Football League are invariably my favourite bits.

I've a lot of time for Hinchcliffe but that view might be skewed by his content on Set Piece Menu; he does cracks me up, like - I was pissing myself at his hypothetical rant a few weeks back, about recommending to Pep Guardiola that ManC should punt it out for a throw-in straight from kick off.

Just catching up on the Spurs highlights and Jenas is commentating as well now? Fuuuucking hell. Sick of the sight/sound of him. Bloke's friggin everywhere talking s****.

Incidentally I had nee idea it was some Austrian team they were playing, as opposed to Grafite's lads.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #19192 on: Today at 08:41:22 AM »
?s=21

Offline astraguy

• General Member
« Reply #19193 on: Today at 11:29:31 AM »
It's been a grim season for Liverpool man Jesus Christ  , it's ridiculous the pressure Klopp has been given yet bacon gets a free pass

Offline Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #19194 on: Today at 11:49:55 AM »
It's been a grim season for Liverpool man Jesus Christ  , it's ridiculous the pressure Klopp has been given yet bacon gets a free pass

Just comes down to the media obsession with the "top" clubs. Any underperformance is hugely magnified beyond belief. And yeah Liverpool have had a poor season so far and Klopp does deserve some level of questioning and criticism, but comparatively the media at large don't give much of a s*** about Newcastle's performance. Or Everton's. Or Crystal Palace, etc etc. It fosters an environment where a team who should be pushing for top half (you) can float around 16th/17th without serious questions about the manager.

Plus of course he's English, ex Man Utd and has pals in the media. That too.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.