Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 955514 times)

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #17750 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 11:10:23 PM »
Got to feel for their fans, the town and the community. 100+ years of history ran into the ground by utter charlatans.

Fair chance Wigan might still go n all.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #17751 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 02:42:58 AM »
Macclesfield Town are no more.

£173,000 is owed to a former manager for a promotion bonus from the National League. He was owed £200k but £27,000 had already been paid.

That seems ridiculously high? £200k promotion bonus to the manager of a non-league club?

Wasn't it Sol Campbell? :lol:

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #17752 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 07:49:29 AM »
Got to feel for their fans, the town and the community. 100+ years of history ran into the ground by utter charlatans.

Fair chance Wigan might still go n all.

Southend too.

Offline Cheesy Beans

• General Member
« Reply #17753 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 08:09:30 AM »

£173,000 is owed to a former manager for a promotion bonus from the National League. He was owed £200k but £27,000 had already been paid.

That seems ridiculously high? £200k promotion bonus to the manager of a non-league club?

There was two managers owed a similar wedge - Sol and John Askey.

Offline The Bonk

• General Member
  • ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #17754 on: Thursday 17 September 2020, 12:42:43 PM »

There was two managers owed a similar wedge - Sol and John Askey.

Ahh...right. I just remembered Big Sol ‘not haven’ it’ in photos (arms crossed) when he didn’t get his coaches pay. I’m sure he made double that in a month during his playing years, but still, services rendered and all that.

Offline TheInfiniteOdyssey

• General Member
  • I still love it but I used to love it more.
« Reply #17755 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 01:15:33 PM »
What an absolute joke Delaney is, writing PR pieces for an oligarch

Contrast that, with the coverage our prospective takeover received from him

?s=21

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #17756 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 01:49:19 PM »
What has Abramovich ever done wrong? Genuine question

Offline Cheshire Mag

• General Member
  • Donkey s**** to you too pal
« Reply #17757 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 01:55:07 PM »

Very briefly

Online Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
« Reply #17758 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 02:21:26 PM »
Thanks

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #17759 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 02:27:27 PM »
I honestly think he bought the club under some influence from the Kremlin. It's crazy how much property is owned by wealthy and well connected Russians in London. Its a lot harder to hold dangerous foreign regimes to account, when they own so many assets in your own Capital city.

Offline gjohnson

• General Member
« Reply #17760 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 02:53:12 PM »

Probably lots, but nothing proven legally.

Think the worst widely known thing was the morally questionable ways he managed to get ownership of various Russian resources at knock down prices which in turn made him a billionaire.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #17761 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 03:24:53 PM »
I honestly think he bought the club under some influence from the Kremlin. It's crazy how much property is owned by wealthy and well connected Russians in London. Its a lot harder to hold dangerous foreign regimes to account, when they own so many assets in your own Capital city.
I think a lot of it is to have somewhere to escape to should things go against them politically back in Russia

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • "f*** this s***"
« Reply #17762 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 03:35:00 PM »
The motion of no confidence against Barcelona's board has gathered enough support from the membership and will be put to a vote at some point during October. It will likely pass, unless Covid puts turnout below the required 15% for a valid vote.

The whole thing is, to be frank, quite pointless since there's an election already scheduled for March, and the motion of no-confidence at best will bring that forward a couple of months.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #17763 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 03:39:33 PM »
read somewhere that the board doesn't have to pay back the debts if they're kicked out compared to normally leaving or resigning that true? 

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • "f*** this s***"
« Reply #17764 on: Friday 18 September 2020, 03:57:13 PM »
read somewhere that the board doesn't have to pay back the debts if they're kicked out compared to normally leaving or resigning that true? 

It's not exactly that. If they get kicked out they'll avoid responsiblity for the 2020-2021 season which is forecasted to be quite disastrous given that we won't have any kind of matchday income in the near future.

I'm also quite skeptical about La Liga being able to carry out the season, given the likelihood of covid infections in the teams' squads.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • "f*** this s***"
« Reply #17765 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
FIFA to change rules to allow capped footballers to become eligible for another nation if:

- They were already eligible for that new nation when they were first capped
-  Have had no caps since they reached 21 years of age.
- It's been 3 years since their last cap
- Have not played in a senior international tournament

It's a good change, imho, and will help young players that are "cap-tied" by big nations but then forgotten (i.e. Munir) 
"us" = Barça

-------------------

-Paco Jémez-

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #17766 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 12:20:23 PM »
Nah don’t think that’s right. Shouldn’t be able to just pick another country because you’re not good enough for your first choice.
?s=21

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
« Reply #17767 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 12:34:09 PM »
Terrible decision, FIFA are passionate about making international football worse. Ireland will be whacking the feelers out.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #17768 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 12:50:32 PM »
don't agree with that, surely if you play in a competitive game for a country that should be that

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #17769 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 12:52:32 PM »
Let them play for two countries. In the same tournament.

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #17770 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 12:53:34 PM »
Let them play for two countries. In the same tournament.
why stop at two, make harry kane play for all 4 home nations

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • "f*** this s***"
« Reply #17771 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 01:32:06 PM »
This prevents large football nations to cap-tie prospects just in case they end up becoming superstars playing for somebody else. A 18 year old asked to play for Spain will always say yes, and may lose out on a long international career just because he thought he was good enough (which any 18 year old is wont to do). I think all the limitations make it pretty acceptable.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

-Paco Jémez-

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #17772 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 01:34:12 PM »
Good move in my opinion.

I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #17773 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 01:58:35 PM »
Just introduce transfers to international football and be done.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #17774 on: Saturday 19 September 2020, 03:43:17 PM »
This prevents large football nations to cap-tie prospects just in case they end up becoming superstars playing for somebody else. A 18 year old asked to play for Spain will always say yes, and may lose out on a long international career just because he thought he was good enough (which any 18 year old is wont to do). I think all the limitations make it pretty acceptable.

:thup: