Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 717425 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #14450 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 05:45:30 pm »
Think this weekend confirms I can’t really follow the PL anymore.

Watched Liverpool, could only think of how pointless it was that 2 or 3 teams are so far ahead of everyone else. Nearly had to smash my radio up when 5 Live were trailing the NUFC game... ‘real supporters don’t boycott, Steve is a good manager, Ashley will be there so it’s pointless to protest’.

Don’t think it’s healthy TBH, have to switch off.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #14451 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 05:54:29 pm »

Watched Liverpool, could only think of how pointless it was that 2 or 3 teams are so far ahead of everyone else. Nearly had to smash my radio up when 5 Live were trailing the NUFC game... ‘real supporters don’t boycott, Steve is a good manager, Ashley will be there so it’s pointless to protest’.

I think the league looks like it's going to be incredibly boring this year. Watched a lot of games this weekend and Spurs Villa was the only half decent one, and that was only because Spurs went behind and had to come back.
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Mistle17

• General Member
  • Against Modern Football
« Reply #14452 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 05:56:32 pm »
Anyone else cant stand Sky Sports FIFA-style approach to line ups? Can't stand it, all so cringe. Good ol' days of just the names then put into the formation and you get on with it. All so needlessly dramatic these days.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #14453 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 05:59:03 pm »

Truly disgraceful comment, like, whoever said that.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #14454 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 06:02:06 pm »
My interest has been slowly dying for a while, been half watching games for ages now. Even when Rafa was here it was clear he was getting shafted and progress was being deliberately stunted from above. Again.

You can only see that playing out so many times before you simply get bored of it. Now we're back to a self serving moron in charge it's almost impossible to give a s***.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #14455 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 06:03:40 pm »
My interest has been slowly dying for a while, been half watching games for ages now. Even when Rafa was here it was clear he was getting shafted and progress was being deliberately stunted from above. Again.

You can only see that playing out so many times before you simply get bored of it. Now we're back to a self serving moron in charge it's almost impossible to give a s***.

:thup:

I stayed in all weekend as I had some jobs etc to do as put the match on.  When I'm busy, won't go out of my way to watch it.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #14457 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 06:32:54 pm »

Truly disgraceful comment, like, whoever said that.

They had Waddle, Clinton Morrison and a female player who I can’t remember the name of, all basically pushing that same line.

I don’t know why they get Waddle on as if he’s a Newcastle person, it’s weird.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #14458 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 06:54:10 pm »
It’s disgusting. People who watch football for free and have little to no idea what it is to be a normal fan. They should have done humility and shut up.

Offline gbandit

• General Member
« Reply #14459 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 07:12:00 pm »
Football’s the worst sport for television punditry out there. Filled with w*****s toeing the party line, people not wanting to offend their pals, patriotic nonsense, lack of imagination and thick ex-footballers who are stealing a living (someone else’s as they’re already rich enough). It’s baffling how uninformed most of them are and how narrow the variety of opinion is. Almost everyone trots our the same s***

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #14460 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 07:28:48 pm »
Weird s***

https://www.givemesport.com/1496443-hull-city-fan-threatened-to-be-kicked-out-of-stadium-for-breaking-antitexting-rule

EDIT: EFL apology https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49312316
All done due to betting regulations. f***ing pointless considering the leagues themselves have technology that they share and provide to betting companies which is faster than a human can transmit the data.
Betting in football is hardly covered in glory at the moment, and having people employed to threaten to throw out fans is just going to push fans away.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #14461 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 07:36:56 pm »
I didn't bother watching MOTD last night and I don't want to waste valuable sleeping time, ahead of work, by watching it tonight.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #14462 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 10:41:09 pm »
Consider winning

Offline TaylorJ_01

• General Member
  • Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #14463 on: Sunday 11 August 2019, 10:45:24 pm »
Salah confirms fan bleeds for the club; uses shovel
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #14464 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 04:43:17 pm »
Steve Curry has passed away.
?s=21

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #14465 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 05:09:58 pm »

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #14466 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 05:13:35 pm »
Yes, was on Sunday Supplement often.
?s=21

Offline Minhosa

• General Member
« Reply #14467 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 05:16:14 pm »
Yes, was on Sunday Supplement often.

Ah yes. RIP.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #14468 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 06:08:40 pm »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49337051

"Manchester City FC was found to have breached, among others, article 19 of the Fifa Regulations on the status and transfer of players.
"The disciplinary committee took into account the fact that Manchester City FC accepted its responsibility and sanctioned the club with a fine of CHF 370,000."

315K. That'll learn 'em.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #14469 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 06:46:07 pm »
I'm sure they'll strike a 315k deal with Etihad faucets or whatever to cover that. 

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #14470 on: Tuesday 13 August 2019, 06:59:52 pm »

"Manchester City FC was found to have breached, among others, article 19 of the Fifa Regulations on the status and transfer of players.
"The disciplinary committee took into account the fact that Manchester City FC accepted its responsibility and sanctioned the club with a fine of CHF 370,000."

315K. That'll learn 'em.

:lol: what’s the point of even having the regulation

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #14471 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:20:25 am »

315K. That'll learn 'em.

:lol: what’s the point of even having the regulation

I know a few bitter Liverpool fans whose main patter is a stream of invective about Citeh’s cheating, stealing the league et al. I’d be more sympathetic if, you know, they weren’t Liverpool fans.

Fact is FFP is a farce and some clubs enjoy unfair advantages - but one whisper of stronger enforcement and you’ll see stories about a European Super League flood the news services...
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #14472 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 07:15:03 pm »
Good thread this

?s=21

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #14473 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 10:20:38 pm »
Good thread this

?s=21
:thup:

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #14474 on: Wednesday 14 August 2019, 11:29:19 pm »
TV now funds football, so it's only right that TV dictates that it is designed to suit their format. f*** the saddo fans, with their passion and all that emotional s***. We want people who are so devoid of any meaning they'll pay £90 per month to stay in on a Monday night to find out what happened to a dragon's egg, or something.