Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 634240 times)

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #13050 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 10:46:22 am »
Don’t you guys get tired of Ronaldo vs Messi?

It got tiring years ago, part of me will be happy when both retire so football can collectively move on from both.

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #13051 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:06:53 am »

It got tiring years ago, part of me will be happy when both retire so football can collectively move on from both.

I’m enjoying both now more than ever perhaps.

It’s similar Tom Federer, Serena, Nadal, Djokovic. I’m beyond the point of comparisons. In the twilight I’m enjoying the masters at work. Not sure when i’ll See the likes again.  Knowing it’s the autumn of their careers.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #13052 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:18:37 am »
Barca Vs Man United
Spurs vs Man City
Liverpool vs Porto
Juventus vs Ajax

Offline frankpingel

• General Member
« Reply #13053 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:21:18 am »
Potential Man u v Liverpool semi.

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #13054 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:23:35 am »

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #13055 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 05:35:09 pm »
Messi is an artist and Ronaldo is a machine.

If you were a team mate and rounded the keeper and rolled it in Messi would run back to the half way line and Ronaldo would steam in and boot it in and take the goal off you. :lol:

We are truly blessed to have seen both of these wonderful players play.

For the record I prefer Ronaldo as his intensity, belief and ability to transcend different leagues make him just slightly better in my book.

That does not mean I do not appreciate the brilliance of Messi.

It is possible to like them both!

This is definitely a myth too like. :lol: Ronaldo has 219 assists. While I think Messi is better, there is very, very little between them.

A myth despite him regularly kicking off with teammates whenever they steal 'his' goals or they don't pass to him.

219 assists is incredible but in the context of Messi's 270 in 150 fewer appearances it backs up Boo Boy's point.

No idea why there's even a comparison at all tbh, goal scoring aside it's laughable that to me that anyone sees him as being up there with Messi. And yet I can't help but talk about it.

Everyone that thinks Messi is far better seems to always say this. Goals are pretty f***ing important. :lol:

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #13056 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 05:58:37 pm »
Messi is an artist and Ronaldo is a machine.

If you were a team mate and rounded the keeper and rolled it in Messi would run back to the half way line and Ronaldo would steam in and boot it in and take the goal off you. :lol:

We are truly blessed to have seen both of these wonderful players play.

For the record I prefer Ronaldo as his intensity, belief and ability to transcend different leagues make him just slightly better in my book.

That does not mean I do not appreciate the brilliance of Messi.

It is possible to like them both!

This is definitely a myth too like. :lol: Ronaldo has 219 assists. While I think Messi is better, there is very, very little between them.

A myth despite him regularly kicking off with teammates whenever they steal 'his' goals or they don't pass to him.

219 assists is incredible but in the context of Messi's 270 in 150 fewer appearances it backs up Boo Boy's point.

No idea why there's even a comparison at all tbh, goal scoring aside it's laughable that to me that anyone sees him as being up there with Messi. And yet I can't help but talk about it.

Everyone that thinks Messi is far better seems to always say this. Goals are pretty f***ing important. :lol:

Yeah and Ronaldo's on the same level as Messi with goal scoring. That's why I said goal scoring aside I think it's laughable that there's even a comparison.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Inferior Acuña

• General Member
  • (Grant) Geordie in Chicago
« Reply #13057 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 06:03:03 pm »

Went to see Argentina v Panama in the Copa America a few years ago in Chicago. There were more people there for that game than for the US game, and so many were there just to see Messi. Aye it was part of the attraction for me as I'd seen Aguero and that before. Messi started on the bench, you've got all these other class Argentineans playing and fans are just chanting for Messi. It was really fuckin annoying, they were there to see one man.

(Then tbf he came on and scored a hat-trick off the bench, first time he'd done that).

So aye, it annoys me. I appreciate them as players, but this personal brand thing seems to me to be new with them. Lots of other great players have been hyped, but with them so many seem more interested in them than a team. I hate that and reckon it will live on with other players once they're gone.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #13058 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 06:21:52 pm »

Went to see Argentina v Panama in the Copa America a few years ago in Chicago. There were more people there for that game than for the US game, and so many were there just to see Messi. Aye it was part of the attraction for me as I'd seen Aguero and that before. Messi started on the bench, you've got all these other class Argentineans playing and fans are just chanting for Messi. It was really fuckin annoying, they were there to see one man.

(Then tbf he came on and scored a hat-trick off the bench, first time he'd done that).

So aye, it annoys me. I appreciate them as players, but this personal brand thing seems to me to be new with them. Lots of other great players have been hyped, but with them so many seem more interested in them than a team. I hate that and reckon it will live on with other players once they're gone.

Well there ye gan. :lol:

I get your point though. It doesn't annoy me, in fact I'm completely guilty of it where Messi's concerned, but it's definitely consigned to him alone, there's no one other player I'd watch a match for really.

The Messi v Ronaldo thing does annoy me though even though I take part in it on here, but more just that they're even seen as being on the same level more than anything.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #13059 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 08:15:32 pm »
I'm only tired of the fact anyone thinks Ronaldo is on the same planet as him. I could talk about messi forever.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline Disco

« Reply #13060 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 09:49:51 pm »
When Messi buys some kids for his sister to mother and rapes some lasses then he'll achieve greatness.

Offline The College Dropout

• General Member
  • The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #13061 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 09:54:26 pm »
I'm only tired of the fact anyone thinks Ronaldo is on the same planet as him. I could talk about messi forever.

Let people enjoy things. Their mans scored a clutch hat trick. Let them enjoy. 

For me Messi’s so clear. It just doesn’t matter what people think.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #13062 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 09:50:32 am »
?s=19

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #13063 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 10:04:18 am »
 :lol:

3-0 is finished, like.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #13064 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 01:00:50 pm »
This is a nice read:

https://mundialmag.com/blogs/gazzetta/max-porter-crystal-palace-wilfried-zaha-eagles

I stand in the rain, watching them play, buying my son all that nylon crap, listening as he talks about Palace. He talks about it constantly. For a long time I listened and found it kind of annoying if I’m honest, my son going on and on about the emotional toll Luka Milivojević endured when leaving Olympiacos, because, fundamentally, I did not give a s***.

For midweek games with an after-bedtime final whistle, my son would ask me to write D, W, or L on his hand so he could find out what happened the second he woke up. And I’d find myself writing ‘W’ on his clammy little hand, attempting to add, in tiny letters, ‘Benteke, 86th min’ underneath and, in the morning, he’d come in with pen all over his face, a black smudge on his hand. ‘Well?’

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #13065 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 10:49:36 am »
Its no surprise Rangers went bankrupt.

1106914155012018178[/tweet]][/url]

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #13066 on: Sunday 17 March 2019, 07:29:35 pm »
?s=19

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #13067 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 10:56:33 am »
Spurs will play their first game on the new stadium against Palace on the third of April.

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #13068 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 03:51:08 pm »
I don't know how promotion and relegation would work for the Champions League.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/17/champions-league-proposals-could-see-introduction-weekend-matches/

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #13069 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 04:12:56 pm »
I can't see a single domestic league agreeing to any of that.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #13070 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:06:31 pm »
France Footballs top 50 all time managers:

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • i am so great
« Reply #13071 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:25:32 pm »
:pards: ?

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #13072 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:34:42 pm »
How is Sir Bobby lower than Simeone and Klopp? Sir bobby won trophies in 4 different countries, managed at international level, has a World Cup semi-final on his CV, won domestic and European silverware, was a manager over 4 decades, was renowned for developing youth, played attacking attractive football, managed some of the biggest and most diverse players in the world, is credited as being some kind of mentor/major influence to two current successful managers in Mourinho and Guardiola and is England’s most successful manager to have managed abroad. He first become a manager at a very young age, while still a player, and in Canada of all places. What he did at Ipswich was ground breaking at the time and globally, he has had such a big impact on the game. He should be much higher up than either Klopp or Simeone for starters and if Busby is listed so high Bobby should be above him as well.

Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #13073 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:36:46 pm »
How is Sir Bobby lower than Simeone and Klopp? Sir bobby won trophies in 4 different countries, managed at international level, has a World Cup semi-final on his CV, won domestic and European silverware, was a manager over 4 decades, was renowned for developing youth, played attacking attractive football, managed some of the biggest and most diverse players in the world, is credited as being some kind of mentor/major influence to two current successful managers in Mourinho and Guardiola and is England’s most successful manager to have managed abroad. He first become a manager at a very young age, while still a player, and in Canada of all places. What he did at Ipswich was ground breaking at the time and globally, he has had such a big impact on the game. He should be much higher up than either Klopp or Simeone for starters and if Busby is listed so high Bobby should be above him as well.

Even without black and white tinted specs you've got to admit Bobby is one of if not the greatest English manager there has been.
I asked for a table and they bought me a lamp.

Offline Dinho lad

• General Member
« Reply #13074 on: Monday 18 March 2019, 08:40:53 pm »
Simone above Wenger and Rafa? Okay, thanks.