Poll

GOAT

L. Messi
C. Ronaldo

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread  (Read 669917 times)

TBG, teing and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
Re: Still not worthy of a thread
« Reply #11800 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 08:16:54 pm »
Man Utd’s FA Cup match against Reading is chosen for TV, as it always does.

I'm genuinely not meaning to be a dick here, but this is purely to do with ratings surely? I know how annoying it can be for other clubs but the TV channels are going to put on the game which most people will watch.

Who the f*** wants to watch a s*** team like man united?

Oh, you mean for Reading fans?

Offline BergenMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #11801 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 11:45:31 am »
Anyone having a plan for what to do the day MA finally sells the club?

Taking a day off work, buying a case of NBA, playing Local Hero on repeat and watching youtube clips from the glory days?  Ive never been able to dream about this as Ive been thinking we will be stuck with him forever, but would be fun to hear if anyone have given it some thoughts :D

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #11802 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 12:03:30 pm »

Taking a day off work, buying a case of NBA, playing Local Hero on repeat and watching youtube clips from the glory days?  Ive never been able to dream about this as Ive been thinking we will be stuck with him forever, but would be fun to hear if anyone have given it some thoughts :D

Don't torture yourself, man.  It's been over a decade and I would wager a lot of money that this latest stuff about selling is pure bullshit.

However, if he does f*** off, I might be tempted to upgrade my outlook for the club from perennial relegation fodder to making the top 6 into a top 7...

Offline Pixelphish

• General Member
« Reply #11803 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 12:21:59 pm »

Don't torture yourself, man.  It's been over a decade and I would wager a lot of money that this latest stuff about selling is pure bullshit.

However, if he does f*** off, I might be tempted to upgrade my outlook for the club from perennial relegation fodder to making the top 6 into a top 7...

But how do you feel about Perez?
Aye. Just felt I did it at the same time as you and you came out tops every time. Just in a bad mood now after Pixelhax.

Have to get this out now:

Pixel you're either hacking with the demo, or you're too f***ing good to constantly hammer us to the ground with it every time we play. Starts to take the p*ss a bit. I mean, I don't want you to not enjoy the game, but at the same time I'd quite like to enjoy playing it too.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #11804 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 04:47:12 pm »
Tremendous!

?s=21

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #11805 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 05:42:17 pm »
Very good

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
« Reply #11806 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 09:30:29 pm »
Gerard Piqué has said he wants to buy a football club. Apparently he's already inquired about Zaragoza (which have lots of untapped potential, tbf).
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #11807 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 09:32:54 pm »
Gerard Piqué has said he wants to buy a football club. Apparently he's already inquired about Zaragoza (which have lots of untapped potential, tbf).

Guessing football administration runs in the family.

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #11808 on: Friday 7 December 2018, 09:34:41 pm »

But how do you feel about Perez?

I think he's an absolute fraud and the fact he's getting games for us is a sad indication of just how bad our recruitment policy has been for a decade.

But you knew that already...

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #11809 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 03:12:01 am »
DAZN (A sports streaming app) has outbid TSN and Sportsnet in Canada for the Premier League rights. In Canada they now have the rights to pretty much all major football competitions, apart from the FA Cup and MLS. They are also available in some other countries and hold a large amount of rights. I think in the USA they recently signed a major boxing deal which took many fights off expensive pay per view channels.
If Netflix etc really want to get into sports streaming then they might have to get in it before DAZN start snapping up everything.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • And now his guard is ended
« Reply #11810 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:01:59 am »
Tremendous!

?s=21

Very good :lol:

So weirdly catchy. Found myself singing Edeeeeeeeer Careeeeeeeeeeew while making breakfast.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Online Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #11811 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 10:17:17 am »
Manga Iwobi Cole Gignac Zickler for 'There won't be snow in Africa' was particularly inspired :lol: :lol:

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...

Online Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #11813 on: Saturday 8 December 2018, 04:17:20 pm »
Anyone else find that if you see Jonathan Pierce speaking it looks like he's being dubbed, the voice does not fit the man at all
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline newsted

• General Member
  • Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #11814 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 01:45:23 am »
I've always hated Jonathan Pearce, the loudmouthed ignorant t***. Unsure if that's who you're on about.
:) As you were.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #11815 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 10:54:16 am »

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #11816 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 11:13:21 am »
Tremendous!

?s=21

Very good :lol:

So weirdly catchy. Found myself singing Edeeeeeeeer Careeeeeeeeeeew while making breakfast.

I was surprised at how good that actually was. :lol:

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #11817 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 11:15:22 am »

:clap:

Good man. From an off-the-pitch perspective Sterling has fast become one of my favourite players for the way he handles this country's pathetic excuse for media.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #11818 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 11:22:31 am »
I don't really get why he's sharing that?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #11819 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 11:23:33 am »

Have you read the whole post?

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #11820 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 11:36:15 am »
For some reason when you embed an Instagram post it doesn't show the comments. This is what he said alongside the two pictures:

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #11821 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 11:46:50 am »
Apart from the grammar, he is spot on :thup:

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #11822 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 12:07:28 pm »
:thup:

He's right. It feels like there's so much in the media these days fuelling racism/xenophobia. What with the immigration aspects of early Brexit along with Trump and his wall, etc... it feels like over the last two or three years hatred has been pretty well accommodated.

Online Ryan

• General Member
  • Rafa #1
« Reply #11823 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 12:09:11 pm »
Sterling’s a good egg.

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #11824 on: Sunday 9 December 2018, 12:27:44 pm »
Mounie was suspended for Huddersfield’s match against Arsenal, so he went in with the away fans and started handing out free shirts to supporters around him.