Author Topic: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage  (Read 34932 times)

Online WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Re: NCJ/The Athletic/General Press Coverage
« Reply #625 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:37:28 PM »
 :lol: The other thing is they called it "Looking for number five" as if Albert has disappeared and become some sort of recluse.

I know someone who works for the club who told me they have Albert's number  :lol: He said if T&B had approached them explaining they wanted to speak to him/film then they probably would've offered to put them in touch.
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #626 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:40:17 PM »
:lol: The other thing is they called it "Looking for number five" as if Albert has disappeared and become some sort of recluse.

I know someone who works for the club who told me they have Albert's number  :lol: He said if T&B had approached them explaining they wanted to speak to him/film then they probably would've offered to put them in touch.

Thats what always got me! like hes in belgium isn't he? Hardly a recluse
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #627 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:40:46 PM »

Thread

I think the 'looking for number 5' came from when they started and 'Looking for Eric' had not long been out (2009 fwiw).  But even then, that film isnt a documentary, its just a film with Eric Cantona in :lol:

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #628 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:43:15 PM »
Thats a plasuible explanation but there was basically zero communication throughout, and pass the work on using the money created to a film company able to edit footage. You cant just bun it off.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #629 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:48:28 PM »
Is 'Looking for Number Five' not just referring to Martin Tyler's commentary during the 5-0?

Offline Foluwashola

• General Member
« Reply #630 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 07:51:35 PM »
Is 'Looking for Number Five' not just referring to Martin Tyler's commentary during the 5-0?

You would imagine so. Don't listen to any s**** podcasts but they seem tolerable on Twitter tbf, by no means the worst.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #631 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 08:18:15 PM »
Seems like they're still going with the 'we're trying' line. The doc's Twitter went quiet after being crazy active in Feb but randomly retweeted Caulkin last month.

Agreed on the name of the doc, though. They seemed to dress it up as a challenge on the Kickstarter blurb. They're either purposely trying to make it a challenge just for the story or talking s*** considering as WBCP says, they could've just used a few connections to gauge his interest. He was doing an NUFC-specific interview with the Guardian less than a year ago so it's not like he's shunning the world.

An audacious 25 yard chip over the head of the best goal keeper in the world by a man who now runs a fruit and veg delivery business somewhere in Belgium. "Looking For Number 5" is the story of two childhood friends and their quest to track down and meet the man responsible for that, the most spine tingling of moments.

We might not find Philippe. We might find him and he won't want to be involved. If either of these situations occur, we can draw on some industry and media contacts to help us out to achieve our goal. If we ultimately fail in finding Philippe, we will still have an interesting, funny and heartwarming story that we would like to tell.

Online WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #632 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 09:35:39 PM »
Seems like they're still going with the 'we're trying' line. The doc's Twitter went quiet after being crazy active in Feb but randomly retweeted Caulkin last month.

Agreed on the name of the doc, though. They seemed to dress it up as a challenge on the Kickstarter blurb. They're either purposely trying to make it a challenge just for the story or talking s*** considering as WBCP says, they could've just used a few connections to gauge his interest. He was doing an NUFC-specific interview with the Guardian less than a year ago so it's not like he's shunning the world.

An audacious 25 yard chip over the head of the best goal keeper in the world by a man who now runs a fruit and veg delivery business somewhere in Belgium. "Looking For Number 5" is the story of two childhood friends and their quest to track down and meet the man responsible for that, the most spine tingling of moments.

We might not find Philippe. We might find him and he won't want to be involved. If either of these situations occur, we can draw on some industry and media contacts to help us out to achieve our goal. If we ultimately fail in finding Philippe, we will still have an interesting, funny and heartwarming story that we would like to tell.

:thup:

It's obviously taken from Tyler's commentary but was definitely billed as trying to track him down. Not like they were rocking up off the ferry in Calais and going "reet, where's David Terrier then?"
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #633 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 09:59:28 PM »
You cant just spend fundraiser money and give no product. I'm no expert in film production but it isn't exactly La Haine, it shoudl not be hard to edt down.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #634 on: Sunday 20 September 2020, 10:14:21 PM »
I've never contributed to one in my life but isn't that one of the biggest caveats of sites like Kickstarter; there's a chance your contributions go down the drain? This being the reason I've never put money in to one of these things.

Obviously that's separate from the morality/ethics of it and I could be wrong in my understanding anyway.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #635 on: Thursday 24 September 2020, 12:49:22 PM »

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #636 on: Thursday 24 September 2020, 01:31:57 PM »
I always thought we’d get Mancini one day, sure his name was touted a couple of times under Shepherd? Obviously not even a manager on our radar now but 2-3 years time after the next World Cup when he’s available again...
?s=21

Online Greg

« Reply #637 on: Thursday 24 September 2020, 01:37:39 PM »
You cant just spend fundraiser money and give no product. I'm no expert in film production but it isn't exactly La Haine, it shoudl not be hard to edt down.

Looking at the website it looks like they raised close to 8 grand - pretty poor form to just give up and not give any end product.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #638 on: Yesterday at 08:15:35 AM »
If you've got a spare three days (!), this is a fantastic article about Milan!

https://theathletic.co.uk/2081869/2020/09/23/inside-ac-milan-waking-a-sleeping-giant/