Author Topic: Parenting stuff  (Read 90417 times)

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
Re: Parenting stuff
« Reply #2150 on: Yesterday at 08:47:23 PM »
Sat at home right now waiting for the hospital to call, my eldest (17) has been taken in with a possible heart attack after smoking weed with some friends.
This is the first time he's been out since March, Mrs B thought he was just going for a bike ride.

They wouldn't let me in with him, even though i work there because of Covid. The boy is terrified and wants his Dad there, it'll teach him a lesson if anything.
I'm so angry with him it's untrue.

Hope he's alright dude.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #2151 on: Yesterday at 08:50:01 PM »
Sat at home right now waiting for the hospital to call, my eldest (17) has been taken in with a possible heart attack after smoking weed with some friends.
This is the first time he's been out since March, Mrs B thought he was just going for a bike ride.

They wouldn't let me in with him, even though i work there because of Covid. The boy is terrified and wants his Dad there, it'll teach him a lesson if anything.
I'm so angry with him it's untrue.

Jesus, fingers crossed he's alright.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #2152 on: Yesterday at 09:03:55 PM »
Cheers guys, Mrs B is climbing the walls waiting for the phone to ring.

They did explain as he's in no immediate danger i couldn't go in with him, not really helping Mrs B that explanation.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #2153 on: Yesterday at 09:05:35 PM »
Jesus hope everything is ok mate, not being there must be driving you both nuts.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #2154 on: Yesterday at 09:08:23 PM »
All the best, Bimpy. Hope he’s ok.
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #2155 on: Yesterday at 11:07:40 PM »
Got the tit home now.

I went to collect him, the Doctor explain to him and i, that his heart raced to a ridiculously fast beat because of the weed he had smoked.
Basically it's so fast it feels like you're having a heart attack like seizure, which is what he actually had.

He has to go back for a follow in the heart and chest clinic, as the ECG showed up something the doctor needs to look at again.
Now baring all that in mind, he's got home and had a big row with Mrs B, saying it wasn't the weed that made it happen.

Banging ones head against the proverbial brick wall. He's grounded for the rest of his natural life, i think is the term Mrs B has just so delicately told him.
I've never seen her so angry, she's a very calm lady but she's angry, upset and just wants to strangle him, and give him a big cuddle.

Teenagers....ahhhhrghhh.

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #2156 on: Yesterday at 11:36:37 PM »
Hope the follow up proves to be nothing to worry about.
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
  • Akron, Ohio
« Reply #2157 on: Today at 03:02:12 AM »
Got the tit home now.

I went to collect him, the Doctor explain to him and i, that his heart raced to a ridiculously fast beat because of the weed he had smoked.
Basically it's so fast it feels like you're having a heart attack like seizure, which is what he actually had.

He has to go back for a follow in the heart and chest clinic, as the ECG showed up something the doctor needs to look at again.
Now baring all that in mind, he's got home and had a big row with Mrs B, saying it wasn't the weed that made it happen.

Banging ones head against the proverbial brick wall. He's grounded for the rest of his natural life, i think is the term Mrs B has just so delicately told him.
I've never seen her so angry, she's a very calm lady but she's angry, upset and just wants to strangle him, and give him a big cuddle.

Teenagers....ahhhhrghhh.

s*** man, glad to hear he sounds OK. Might end up being a blessing in disguise if it makes him rein himself in a bit. Good luck.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Amartya Sen, motherfucker
« Reply #2158 on: Today at 03:25:13 AM »
That's got to be scary as all get out. Hopefully the follow up proves him to be okay. I am really not looking forward to the teenage years.