Author Topic: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]  (Read 8648 times)

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
Re: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]
« Reply #200 on: Thursday 28 September 2017, 03:33:23 pm »
I dunno how they could've "wasted" the Pablo story, they devoted two full seasons to it. If anything, the Cali story, about a cartel that dwarfed Pablo's, felt rushed in comparison.

:thup:
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #201 on: Thursday 28 September 2017, 05:18:14 pm »
I dunno how they could've "wasted" the Pablo story, they devoted two full seasons to it. If anything, the Cali story, about a cartel that dwarfed Pablo's, felt rushed in comparison.

:thup:
Yep
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 06:24:50 pm »
Pena and Murphy doin a talk at the academy next year.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 09:57:27 pm »
Pena and Murphy doin a talk at the academy next year.
As in the real DEA agents at the Newcastle Academy?
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Tooj

• General Member
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 10:22:39 pm »
Aye.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 10:29:16 pm »
How random.  I'm interested in going tbf.

Offline ChrisJbarnes

• General Member
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday 29 November 2017, 10:35:33 pm »
Spent 6 weeks in Colombia this summer actually, 3 weeks learning Spanish in Medellin. It is really incredible to think how safe the place seems yet literally 15 years ago it was one of the most dangerous places on the planet, genuinely being bombed and shootings every week. I felt perfectly safe walking around on my own in the evenings in the touristy parts anyway. There are barrios that were incredibly dangerous but regeneration and infrastructure development has transformed it.

Its an incredibly beautiful place Colombia- highly recommended to anyone planning a visit!

For what its worth, they absolute hate Narcos out there- think it misses out a lot of the reality of the story and glamorises Pablo Escobar and the cartels. There is a lot of tourism springing in off the back of the likes of Narcos- not all of it good- and unfortunately many backpackers go there and dont appreciate the sensitivity.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #207 on: Saturday 28 July 2018, 03:32:42 am »
Series reset, Narcos: Mexico with a fresh cast.

Out later this year.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #208 on: Saturday 28 July 2018, 04:07:44 am »
But Pena. :frantic:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #209 on: Saturday 28 July 2018, 01:05:51 pm »
But Pena. :frantic:

Ironically a real Pena is in it in Michael Peña.

Pedro Pascal not in it though after the end of season 3 made it look like he would be?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #210 on: Saturday 28 July 2018, 01:09:09 pm »
It certainly made it look like he'd be carried over.  In fact was one of the only things that kept me positive.  I'm sure they'll do fine without him, and at least there's no Murphy. :aww:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #211 on: Saturday 28 July 2018, 01:19:43 pm »
I've just had a quick read up (I've missed all the announcements, apparently it was known months ago Pascal wouldn't be staring). Apparently it goes back in time from the end of Narcos Season 3 (1970s to 1980s) so it makes sense for him not to be in it. I see Netflix are calling it 'Narcos: Mexico' Season 1.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: Saturday 28 July 2018, 01:23:51 pm »
Ah, right.  That is a bit better as the timeline did seem a bit f***ed. 

Offline frankpingel

• General Member
« Reply #213 on: Saturday 28 July 2018, 02:57:28 pm »
Spent the last two weeks watching all 3 series. Superb tv.

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #214 on: Friday 19 October 2018, 08:16:56 pm »

f*** yes.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #215 on: Thursday 22 November 2018, 11:03:41 pm »
@Mike you watching this s***?

Tata ain’t got nothing.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #216 on: Thursday 22 November 2018, 11:16:45 pm »

Tata ain’t got nothing.

:lol: Deuce you know you're my little brother but I will absolutely cut your face.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #217 on: Thursday 22 November 2018, 11:22:09 pm »

Tata ain’t got nothing.

:lol: Deuce you know you're my little brother but I will absolutely cut your face.

:lol: :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #218 on: Thursday 22 November 2018, 11:30:54 pm »
:lol: I still gotta finish S3 before I can even get to this, tbh.

Unless I don't. That'd be preferable.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #219 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 02:09:23 pm »
hm, not sure what to make of that other than isabella has the most mesmerising set of boobs i can remember on screen, in terms of the show

Spoiler
[close]

pena had some good scenes tbf, best acting i've seen him do

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 02:13:47 pm »
Is this worth watching?  From a dramatic POV, not if there are chebs or something.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #221 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 03:08:14 pm »
Is this worth watching?  From a dramatic POV, not if there are chebs or something.

I’d say so, yeah. It’s quality and lays out the birth of the drug trade in Mexico nicely. And Diego Luna is excellent.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #222 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 03:17:49 pm »
it's absolutely worth watching imo yeah, loved rafa and all the daft c***s carrying on, was quality

sets up the future very well

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #223 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 03:56:48 pm »
Ah, brilliant.  I was still a bit stung that the guy from the previous one wasn't in it, but I'll get cracking on it tonight. 

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #224 on: Monday 3 December 2018, 04:28:18 pm »

:lol: Oooh look at me, I like my shows to be good.