Author Topic: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]  (Read 7536 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:05:52 am »

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:17:41 am »
Still prefer my Maritza. :love:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:20:49 am »
Need to learn some spanish so I can go on rants using it. f*** up the conjugation or neglect the subjunctive and now everyone is laughing at me. Why. Why did I try. I knew it was going to happen. f*** Spanish.

:lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:21:37 am »
How did I miss that?  Get to f***, Mike.  It's you guys that bastardise languages, not us! :huff:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:22:06 am »

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:22:43 am »
How did I miss that?  Get to f***, Mike.  It's you guys that bastardise languages, not us! :huff:

:lol: Mike's speaking from his (/our shared) experience with the language.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:25:05 am »

:lol: Nah, Bluf. This isn't that fight. I'm just saying what's what. Spanish is some s***. Deuce? Si o que?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:25:24 am »
Okay. :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:29:28 am »

:lol: Nah, Bluf. This isn't that fight. I'm just saying what's what. Spanish is some s***. Deuce? Si o que?

Asi es hermano. No es una puta broma.

Narcos has defo inspired me to start using "usted" more often. Gotten way too complacent with informal "tu"

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:39:11 am »

Narcos has defo inspired me to start using "usted" more often. Gotten way too complacent with informal "tu"

:lol: I didn't think you could growl usted.

I felt dead close to Murphy when he beat on that dude and shoved his gun in his mouth after he laughed at his Spanish. He was doing that for all of us.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:44:38 am »
How do you say motherfucker, Duece?  All I can make out is puta.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:46:20 am »

:lol: hijo de puta

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:46:35 am »

:lol: I didn't think you could growl usted.

I felt dead close to Murphy when he beat on that dude and shoved his gun in his mouth after he laughed at his Spanish. He was doing that for all of us.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:46:57 am »

:lol: f*** you then.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 01:52:08 am »

:thup:

Heeyo deh puta?  Can't have an mispronunciation now, can we.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 03:05:22 pm »
Finished S2

Spoiler
[close]

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 03:06:15 pm »

:thup:

Heeyo deh puta?  Can't have an mispronunciation now, can we.

:lol: silent 'h' and the 'j' makes an 'h' sound. "Ee-ho"

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 7 September 2016, 01:27:16 am »
http://europe.newsweek.com/narcos-pablo-escobars-brother-wants-1-billion-netflix-slams-actor-wagner-moura-478451?rm=eu

Hilarious read.

“First of all, this man is Brazilian and not Colombian,” said Escobar. “Tell me about this man, what has he done? Does he have any real experience in acting? Does he have any real experience in making cocaine transactions? Has he laundered billions of dollars? Or is he sucking on his thumb and drinking his mother’s breast milk to this date? I believe it is the latter.”

He concluded: “Ask him for me, if he enjoys the milk. I don’t drink milk.”

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 7 September 2016, 01:46:07 am »
Good stuff.  Not sure I find Gilberto the most appealing villain, but Cali Cartel got up to some s*** too.  Or so wiki tells me. :whistle:

Spoiler
[close]

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 7 September 2016, 10:59:07 pm »
Well that was the best thing on the box for a while. Looking forward to reading about the real story, any good docs about?

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • #votekaka2018
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday 7 September 2016, 11:14:57 pm »
Absolutely loathe his mam in this. Doesn't help that she looks like Johnny Knoxville in his old lady get-up.

All she does is give people 'hackies'. Daft old mare.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 8 September 2016, 12:26:21 am »
Well that was the best thing on the box for a while. Looking forward to reading about the real story, any good docs about?

Sins of my Father seems alright.  Watching that just now, it's on Netflix.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 8 September 2016, 02:53:57 am »

"The Two Escobars" 30-for-30 doc is really good:

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film?page=the-two-escobars