Author Topic: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]  (Read 7537 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 06:18:27 pm »
S2E4

Spoiler
[close]

That shocked me. 

Spoiler
[close]

So it was a shock and a half for me.  Stood up and proclaimed "CAN'T HAPPEN."  Obviously before realising the events of the next episode :lol:-->
[close]
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 06:19:38 pm »
This is awesome.

Pablo's wife is outrageous.

Yus!  Finally something you we like together. :aww:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 06:29:58 pm »
Finished it today. First episode was great, slowed down a bit in episodes 3 and 4 but it picked up after that. The last two episodes were really good, even if it had the feeling of things being inevitable. Not sure I'm excited about the next season seeing as the characters left are IMO quite boring.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 06:32:07 pm »
They are.  I like Pena though, in real life, he plays a massive role in the Escobar aftermath. 

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 06:40:12 pm »
S2E4

Spoiler
[close]

That shocked me. 

Spoiler
[close]

So it was a shock and a half for me.  Stood up and proclaimed "CAN'T HAPPEN."  Obviously before realising the events of the next episode :lol:-->
[close]

:lol: I did the same

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 07:08:03 am »
Was feeling decidedly anti-social today so I power watched the second season.

Really really f***ing good show. Every episode has you gripped.

Wasn't expecting that cliffhanger for a Season 3 though.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #31 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 08:56:25 am »
Aye I definitely didn't see them bringing Pablo back as a ghost.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 12:49:07 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Pip

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 03:44:36 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Yes, it's them. I had just googled them before watching the last episode and remembered their faces. Quite cool. Apparently they're consultants for the show.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #34 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 06:43:13 pm »
I wonder how much of Pablo's money is still stashed or buried away. He obviously lost loads fighting and losing out to the other Cartel, but surely he couldn't have went through all of it. The guy was a billionaire.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 06:56:11 pm »
Apparently most of it rotted away, got eaten by rats and what not.  I'm sure some of cops got away with some, but that's never said. 
Spoiler
[close]
-->
[close]
« Last Edit: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:46:28 pm by BlufPurdi »

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #36 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 09:15:41 pm »
"Pablo was earning so much that each year we would write off 10% of the money because the rats would eat it in storage or it would be damaged by water or lost," Escobar wrote. That would be about $2.1 billion, given how much money he was reportedly making.

f***s sake :lol:

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 09:17:44 pm »
Adjusted for inflation, he'd be worth something like ~$50b today.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 10:16:28 pm »
Absolutely loathe his mam in this. Doesn't help that she looks like Johnny Knoxville in his old lady get-up.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:15:31 pm »
:lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:48:51 pm »

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:51:21 pm »
:lol: Bluf loves this show, man.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:54:23 pm »
Aw, obsessed man.  Tapped right into my South America fascination.  I love a good boss, an all.  Wagner is sublime.  Need to learn some spanish so I can go on rants using it. 

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:55:09 pm »
fwiw, re: that link....I've been waiting for someone to mention Griselda in this. If they're sending coke to Miami they're surely sending it to her, no?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:56:13 pm »
Never mentioned.  Another one not mentioned is George Jung (from Blow?), for some reason or other.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:56:16 pm »
Need to learn some spanish so I can go on rants using it. f*** up the conjugation or neglect the subjunctive and now everyone is laughing at me. Why. Why did I try. I knew it was going to happen. f*** Spanish.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Monday 5 September 2016, 11:56:51 pm »
Never mentioned.  Another one not mentioned is George Jung (from Blow?), for some reason or other.

They could do multiple Griselda seasons, imo.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 12:08:05 am »
Probably not going to happen though, checking her timeline.  Hope that's not spoilerish.  That's the thing with Narcos though, could have actually been so much more, more layers.  A bit superficial on that front, I guess.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 12:20:18 am »
Apparently Jennifer Lopez is gonna play her in a flick.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 12:26:26 am »
Well that'll do well.