Author Topic: Keith Flint of The Prodigy has died  (Read 929 times)

Offline summerof69

• General Member
Re: Keith Flint of The Prodigy has died
« Reply #25 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 04:55:21 pm »
Prodigy are mint like very unique sound and style. Apparently great live too. This is sad news. R.I.P

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 05:00:34 pm »
Just listening to Breathe and how ridiculously fresh does this still sound, man?  It's 22 years old.  Production is amazing.

I go through phases with Prodigy where I hammer them loads then have a break, time for another catchup :thup:

It's ridiculous innit. I remember having some shan dance compilation CD that I got for Christmas and absolutely rinsing Breathe (and 1234 by Coolio :lol:) for ages. I bet The Prodigy were a massive gateway band for a lot of people who'd maybe only heard whatever was on the radio at that point. Saw them at Leeds 2003 and they were outstanding, like. The crowd went fully all the way back to the burger vans, which I hadn't seen before or since at a festival, it just seemed to be a band that everyone had time for.

Also, I dunno if you've already seen it but this is incredible:

Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • Double first choice
« Reply #27 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 05:18:55 pm »
Just listening to Breathe and how ridiculously fresh does this still sound, man?  It's 22 years old.  Production is amazing.

I go through phases with Prodigy where I hammer them loads then have a break, time for another catchup :thup:

It's ridiculous innit. I remember having some shan dance compilation CD that I got for Christmas and absolutely rinsing Breathe (and 1234 by Coolio :lol:) for ages. I bet The Prodigy were a massive gateway band for a lot of people who'd maybe only heard whatever was on the radio at that point. Saw them at Leeds 2003 and they were outstanding, like. The crowd went fully all the way back to the burger vans, which I hadn't seen before or since at a festival, it just seemed to be a band that everyone had time for.

Holy s***.

:lol: For conveniences sake.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 05:26:49 pm »

Holy s***.

:lol: For conveniences sake.

f*** it, here are all of them:

Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #29 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 05:31:51 pm »
Also keep in mind that Liam did all of that with hardware samplers as well.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 05:53:56 pm »
RIP.

Video for Firestarter was like nothing I'd ever seen when it dropped.

Aye, iconic. Remember it as a kid, long before I had any understanding of who The Prodigy were.

Saw them about 10 years back at Leeds, the single most hectic performance I've ever seen. Didn't think it was possible for an open field to feel so claustrophobic.

RIP.

Was absolutely frightened of him when I saw the video. Pretty sure I had some nightmares because of it.

RIP. Was just watching old interviews of him last month. What a shame he took his own life.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #32 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 07:26:57 pm »
Wow, they were a massive part of my youth in terms of music. RIP dude :(
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #33 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 07:31:55 pm »
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #34 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 07:33:46 pm »
Saw them a few times, mainly at Reading, and most recently Christmas 2017 at the Brixton academy but got too f***ed to remember it properly. Feel bad that was the last time, but damn, rarely had as much fun as when they were on stage. Thanks for the good times man. 

:tino:
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline MagMal

« Reply #35 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 07:44:25 pm »
I remember seeing them at the Apollo in Manchester in the mid 90’s, 96 I think, the place was rocking and it felt like the whole upper level of the theatre was bouncing up and down when we went up there for a look. The place was just a mass of people off their faces having an awesome time. The best concert I have ever been to.

So sad to see that he felt he had to end it if the reports are true

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 07:51:04 pm »
Ahhh f***. RIP.
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #37 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 07:51:30 pm »

Seen that one aye, think you linked me to it (don't wanna feed your alzheimers complex like but yer kna).

I can't get my head around the genius of that type of creativity tbh, I find midi in a DAW quite easy and logical but the way he's cutting up pure loads of random s*** like that and making it sound amazing is something ELSE. So clever.

Nice article about them here btw:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/04/keith-flint-the-prodigy-dance-culture

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 08:18:15 pm »
They were absolutely class live. Gutted tbh.

RIP, Keith.

This completely. RIP

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 08:48:17 pm »
Used to absolutely love this band growing up, especially as they were the soundtrack to my formative years. Haven't heard them in a while, but this thread is making me put it on now :)

Offline Hudson

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Monday 4 March 2019, 09:17:36 pm »
Fat of the land, the Anthem to the best 2 summers of my life.

R.I.P Keith.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 5 March 2019, 08:36:43 am »
Unfortunate :|

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 5 March 2019, 09:54:54 am »