Author Topic: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]  (Read 7448 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Narcos [Beware Spoilers]
« on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 12:24:45 am »
Best s*** on these days.  Wagner Moura the best boss since Gandolfini.  :love:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
Re: Narcos [Beware Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 12:28:36 am »
Up to episode 5 spoiler:

Spoiler
[close]
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:33:38 am »
Well f*** you lot. :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:36:12 am »
:lol: :lol:

So this is good, then?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:38:24 am »
Top stuff.  If you've not watched the first season yet, I'm very jealous.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:43:00 am »
:lol: I've missed a ton of Netflix stuff, tbh.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:44:19 am »
This is a level above most of the other Netflix stuff. :thup:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:45:19 am »
:shifty: iirc you said that about Dexter.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:48:31 am »
Season 1-4 Dexter was great, but the rest was regretful.  Stop pretending you've got standards man.

Anyway, Wagner Moura!  Cartel.  Cocaine. 

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Rafa #1
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:50:27 am »
Watched two episodes last night and had to force myself to switch it off as I at least want to drag it out over the weekend :lol:

The scene in episode 2 where
Spoiler
[close]

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:53:03 am »
:smitten:

Finally, a compadre. :rose:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 11:53:18 am »
Season 1-4 Dexter was great, but the rest was regretful.  Stop pretending you've got standards man.

:lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 12:04:00 pm »
Watched two episodes last night and had to force myself to switch it off as I at least want to drag it out over the weekend :lol:

The scene in episode 2 where
Spoiler
[close]

Agree with that by the way.  It goes a long way to making you actually feel sorry for him this season, his family.  I had to stop watching last night, got to episode 9. :lol:

Offline colinmk

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 12:50:46 pm »
It's brilliant, I'm only on Ep2 of new series so not gonna venture in here much. It's pretty rough as far as TV drama goes these days but it really suits it. Not sure if that's accidental or not. Acting is bloody excellent and everything really. A cut above a lot of the stuff around the now.

Offline Felipão

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 03:30:48 pm »
Wagner spanish has improved for this season at least. Last season it wasn't the best, a lot of portuguese mixed in there. Going to start episode 5 soon. Been a great watch this far.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 04:01:04 pm »
Aye, I'd heard it was a bit off, not that I could tell like. :lol:

I'm waiting till tonight for the final two.  They'll be gutting.  Although I know they've taken liberties with some of the factual content, so who knows, maybe Escobar LIVES!

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 3 September 2016, 06:19:28 pm »
I need to jump in to the second season today. Incredible first season.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 01:16:58 am »
:lol: Fair play, Bluf.

This s*** would be laughably OTT and outrageous if it wasn't f***ing true.

The Ochoa's sister, ffs. For f***'s sake.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 02:23:23 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 02:33:00 am »
She in S1?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 02:37:07 am »
Nah.  She's a pure nothing in season two but :love:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 03:25:58 am »
Finito.  Brutal. :(

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 04:20:49 pm »
This is awesome.

Pablo's wife is outrageous.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 04:35:32 pm »
This is awesome.

Pablo's wife is outrageous.

She's the same lass from Sin Nombre. And not even Colombian!

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 4 September 2016, 05:35:54 pm »
S2E4

Spoiler
[close]